Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Help please with SimPE
Today at 12:45 pm by Samantha61

» Broken Links
Today at 12:07 pm by Samantha61

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 12:01 pm by Samantha61

» A challenge for the Designers
Today at 11:41 am by Samantha61

» Sims 2 stuff
Today at 11:30 am by Samantha61

» Design on a Dime II - A Modern Living Room **New Challenge**
Today at 11:26 am by patty3060

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 11:12 am by IvyRose

» Misadventures In NeverView
Today at 10:16 am by anidup

» How BIG Is Your In Game Mods Folder
Today at 10:00 am by anidup

» new items
Today at 9:52 am by Samantha61

» Hello again and need help
Today at 9:50 am by Samantha61

» For All The CC Downaholics
Today at 9:37 am by anidup

» A New Day
Today at 9:35 am by anidup

» Hello All!!
Today at 9:02 am by StarlitTigress

» How long have you been playing the sims?
Today at 8:45 am by sim4forever

Whats new?

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Towel RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Flip Flops RC by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Bikini by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

TS4: Painting RC by Anidup

Photobucket

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:24 pm

I deleted my Photobucket account. I stated that "I am unhappy with services" or whichever option is closest to that and then wrote a statement in the comments box.

I included my email and phone number and full name. I hope they contact me. I expressed how much they've affected people and sites and what I thought of their non-thought out business decision.

Just yuck.

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Well I was just over at Simmer's Garden..and this is what Cinda wrote

Wow, for some reason everything is back to normal and that change of policy they implemented is gone. They must have had so many people delete their accounts with them already that they got rid of that 'pay for play' attitude. I don't even know how they thought they could ethically get away with it. Still, the fact that they pulled this stunt shows that they can't be trusted with our pictures...

I still don't trust them..and have posted on my site NO Photobucket or Tinypic will be used on this site..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:15 pm

I don't know if other people who were using Photobucket for their pictures for DOTY deleted their accounts or not, but none of their pictures are showing, Sam.

As I deleted my account, that is simply that for me. I don't know if simpearls mods will let me reupload my entry pictures, or not. I have all my original pictures and my brother is setting me up with a domain to so that I will be able to host my own images in the future, but that is not set up as of yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are a ton of articles out there - Ghacks has a good one; read the comments Here

Several forums and sites are completely blocking Photobucket. People are upset and anyone with lots of pictures are either having to do what Anita has done, or if they are unable to go back and edit they are just screwed.

We will get through it.

Truly, purchasing a domain and being able to host one's own images is probably the best long-term solution. Because not everyone is able to do that, free options still exist :D

In the meantime, there are several good options listed in this Ghacks article: Here

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 am

Omgosh I just went to the site that Suzanne posted over at Ghacks and one of the posts said this

Imgur terms of service also prohibit third party hosting:

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it."

So I guess I won't be using Imgur either...that means all the pictures I have put up there yesterday will have to be moved..

I am headed to Imgur to find out more right now..will let you know.

EDIT: Ok I read that same thing..so that means if I am understanding it right is no use for 3rd party

Ok I am going to use only Servimg..from now on..off to do more moving..this is going to be a very long night..it's all ready almost 2 am..and it's Suzanne's fault..was on the phone with her for 27 minutes lol..and before that Skype..which kept freezing up on us...lol..all Suzanne's fault bighugs2 giggle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:25 am

lol...

...after skype (and it was 36 minutes, Sam, hehehehe) kept freezing, we got on the phone and talked for a loooong time (over an hour!!!)! giggle

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:50 am

Was it over an hour...well it's still your fault HappyDay

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:58 am

giggle budhug

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:10 am

I just contacted Imgur support to see if we can use the pictures we place on there for other sites..let's see what they say..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:29 am

Oh *%#@ I love Imgur.......I will wait to see if they contact you Sam

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:33 am

I just want to make sure..before I do anything more..

This is what I got in my email box after I sent them the help email

The Imgur Support team is in the office from 10am-7pm PST Monday-Friday and answer tickets in the order in which they were received. We look forward to responding to your request as quickly as possible

So the waiting begins lol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:41 am

impatient I'm waiting!

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:42 am

Sam: Is it meant that I have to move all my pictures again, then I think I'll be crazy soon. runcircle But I look forward to what you get for answers or I'll try to find another place.
I thought it was a good idea to share pictures if that was not the case, there should be no sharing link. dontgetit

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Avalanche

PostAvalanche on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 am

I already use 4shared and will give picload.org a try in addition.
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:19 am

happypopcorn Waiting for an update with you, Sam! giggle

A L O U E T T E glasses5
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:39 am

SAm:I hear what you are saying about tinypic, but I read their terms and conditions and can add it here:

TinyPic.com Terms of Use Agreement

May 2, 2008

Photobucket, Inc. ("TinyPic" or "we") operates TinyPic.com (the "Site"), which is an image and video sharing service that allows Users (as defined in the following paragraph) to store images and videos and share them across the internet and create unique personal profiles online. TinyPic allows Users to upload images and videos and associate them with a unique URL to create online access to the images and videos for themselves and others, on the site and on other websites where a User posts the URL ("the quick link feature"). The services offered by TinyPic include the Site, image and video sharing (including the quick link feature), other features (for example, image editor, links to partner providers), and any other features, content, mobile services, TinyPic branded URLs or applications offered from time to time by TinyPic in connection with TinyPic's business (collectively, the "TinyPic Services") The TinyPic Services are hosted in the United States.

That is why I decided to put the images up there.

But just to be sure I should also contact them.

Marie I feel like you do, .... if I have to move all my images again and spend another 4 - 5 days on that I will go stir crazy!! runcircle runcircle runcircle

Please tell me more about the Servimg option....
Crissi
Administrator
Total Awards : 6

PostCrissi on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Yes ... Carmen you are right .. at least they destroyed so many accounts ..without giving anyone a warning .. no more words. I am happy that you had not been affected. But poor Ermelind .. I know that all the people who are in the Sims community over so many years - having tons of their pictures at Photobucket.
You are such a sweetie that you are going to delete your account too .. they truly deserve that. hugsmilie

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:43 pm

I am still waiting on a response from Imgur...this is the holiday here 4th of July so I don't expect a response back for a day or 2..

I read what you posted Anita and I am still a bit skeptic..just to be on the safe side I have decided to use just Servimg.com..

What do you mean Anita about the Please tell me more about the Servimg option....

I will have to go reread the rules for them as well..but I thought because I have a Forumotion website and an admin..I could use them for 3rd party hosing...I better go check..

Unless Imgur gives me good feedback..

All this has really messed up my sims playing, creating, decorating, and cleaning my computer out for the new one..

Birdgurl is not on line or playing or creating right now..and I think she has literally all of her pictures on Photobucket..I sent out a newsletter to all members so we will see if she sees it and response back

UPDATE:

tilly posted this tinypic and Imgur don't do 3rd party sharing

Well I guess I am down to just one..and I better check on that as well and that one is Servimg.com

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:56 pm

Ok everyone..I just found out some bad news..

I went to Forumotion help site and asked them about Servimg.com..and their response was

Servimg can be used only if you have a Forumotion Forum.

You can set it up on your forum and people use your account to host theirs!

So this option is out of the question for anyone that don't have a Forumotion Forum..so sad..

UPDATE:

Well everyone..I just found something else about Servimg.com..you are only allowed 32 Catagories..and 25 pictures in each catagory

So unless I upgrade..I haven't checked that yet..this is all you get..

I have to do some serious thinking on this mess..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm

One thing I don't get about all this is, why do both Photobucket and Imgur offer you different code buttons in order to post. I get a BBC code on Imgur, which is specifically for forums and it was similar on PB.....I just don't understand pc2

Like most of you, I have had photobucket since I started Simming, why after all this time are they bringing up this third party crap........it took them over 10 years to realise that millions were simply using them as an image host.......what a lot of BS swear
So I wonder if Imgur are going to follow in the footsteps of Pb......NOT facepalm

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Well I found out that I have been using the browser to upload my pictures in Servimg.com..and it is saying I can only have 32 categories..now I found out that I can get unlimited if I go through my site..

Still waiting on an answer back on that one..since I am transferring pictures from tinypic..

I don't know..ever since all this started all I have been doing is searching and transferring and not much else..and it's really starting to give me anxiety attacks..and stressed out big time..but if I don't do this..then I will sooner or later lose everything like everyone else has..

And I need to try and help everyone on this site as well as mine to make sure everyone's pictures are safe..and secure..I'm just getting overwhelmed..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Just imagine that the entire internet is going through this...

...I'm still just stunned that someone, or several someones, over at Photobucket thought that this was a good idea.

:(

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:11 pm

I was talking to LadyAngel over at Sim Fans UK..and she mentioned Postimage.org

Here is there terms of use Terms of Use

Also, this is just a few sentences down

Please keep the images embedded into third-party websites wrapped in links back to the corresponding HTML pages at our site when possible. The outgoing link should lead the user directly to our web page without any interstitial pages or interruptions. This allows your users to get access to the full-resolution images, and also helps us pay our bills.

So I am assuming that we can use this as a 3rd party hosting site..LadyAngel says she has been using it for years

I will let tilly decide if she thinks it's a good site..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:00 am

I am using Imgur, but dt does not seem to be a good side. If someone finds a good page, I hope someone can tell me that. Because it is quite difficult to understand the terms and conditions when it is in another language.
I want to continue to show my pictures, I have lots of pictures both old and new.
Sam: I'm happy for all the work you do.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:46 am

Marie, I decided to stop uploading any of my images to any other host until we have more clarity on which one will be the safest.
This whole event is becoming a huge nightmare for me.

Crissi
Administrator
Total Awards : 6

PostCrissi on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:58 am

Yes you pointed it out Anita .. its a nightmare ..
I've saved all my pics for now on OneDrive .. and relinked every broken link here in the forum
via ServImg. Lets hope that this will stay stable for now ..

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum