Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims Our Christmas Advent opens shortly, with lots of gorgeous gifts for our members! The Staff and Artists at Bloom wish you all a very happy holiday season
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Sims 4 Stair Garland
Today at 6:33 pm by anidup

» PatchworkSims2 Updates 2017
Today at 6:24 pm by Samantha61

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 10/12 2017"
Today at 6:02 pm by anidup

» Can someone make something like this???
Today at 5:58 pm by anidup

» Kitchen Sign
Today at 5:56 pm by anidup

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 5:45 pm by Samantha61

» Dwelling Space: Coming Soon!
Today at 5:30 pm by Samantha61

» 2017 Advent Calendars
Today at 5:29 pm by anidup

» TS4 Animals Galore Made from Cats & Dogs
Today at 5:14 pm by anidup

» Sims Dreams Updates 2017
Today at 5:11 pm by anidup

» Sims Marktplatz Updates 2017
Today at 5:07 pm by anidup

» NEW UPDATE + MODS = ISSUES???
Today at 5:05 pm by anidup

» Hello!
Today at 5:02 pm by anidup

» Hi All!
Today at 4:44 pm by anidup

» Hello, I,m glad to be here
Today at 4:38 pm by anidup

Whats new?

TS4: Toddler set by TaTschu

TS4: Audrey by Lorry

TS4: House by Lovias

TS4: Cat by Lovias

TS4: Dog by Lovias

TS2: Painting RC's by Crissi

TS4: Black Velvet Bedroom by Chicklet45368

TS4: Armchair RC's by TaTschu

TS4: London Life by Tilly

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

TS4: Wisteria RC's by Anidup

TS4: Wallpaper by TatSchu

TS4: Dining Set by Chicklet

TS4: House by Lorry

TS4: Wall art by Anidup

TS3: SIP Cabinets by Poppy

TS4: Living room by Chicklet

TS4: House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn crime house by Lovias

TS4: Autumn set by Anidup

TS3: Autumn set by Poppy

TS4: Floral pink wallpaper by TaTschu

TS2: Sam's peaceful place by Chicklet

TS4: Gold paintings by TaTschu

Autumn Bliss Downloads

TS4: Terracotta floors by Tilly

TS3: Autumn Spirit by Poppy100

TS4: Autumn wall quilts by Anidup

TS4: Barnham Broom by Tilly

TS4: Autumn leaves by Anidup

TS4: Canvas pictures by TaTschu

TS3: Fall signs by Poppy100

TS3: Fall Teaset by Poppy100

TS4: Fall House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Autumn Entry by Chicklet

TS4: New Lot by Lorry

TS4 Floors by TaTschu

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

How Did You Discover The Sims?

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 pm

I agree....great way to de stress!

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:20 am

Most assuredly!

I use it to do that, and a whole lot more, all the time <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chrys

PostChrys on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:06 am

I discovered the original sims through a friend in High School around 2002 or so. I had no idea a game like that existed. Once I started playing I was hooked! I think I played it all night in those early days lol
rissyrawr

Postrissyrawr on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 am

Oh man, what a long story. My love for the Sims started before I even knew about the game series. I used to love playing Barbies as a kid and making up story lines for them, playing a God over them.. so when I got into gaming and borrowed the first Sims from a family friend I fell in love instantly. The same feeling of being in charge of this little virtual person and dictating their every move was amazing haha. I think it was the first sims, before busting out... not sure. But after that I was hooked, and bought everyone I could get my hands on (this was for the playstation at the time). When I seen they had the franchise for PC I got even more excited, knowing it was 'better' and you could do more with it, I went right to the Sims 2 and played that for sheesh.. at least 10 years I'd say and thought I'd never like another better..

I tried Sims 3 after it had been out for some time, didn't like it at first, just thought the Sims looked weird compared to what I was used to and went back to my beloved Sims 2. Then Sims 4 came out, and I tried 3 again.. didn't hate it anymore, more stuff to do, I rather liked it and retired playing Sims 2.. but realized Sims 3 for some reason didn't get along well with my computer and was always crashing and giving me a hard time so I tried 4 and HEAVEN.. been with it ever since. Sorry.. long story, I know.. warned ya ;)
LWindy

PostLWindy on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 am

LoL I have been playing Sims since the beginning, literally cannot get enough Sims! At first I didn't like Sims 4 but now I love it!
calywo

Postcalywo on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:31 am

I discovered sims when my cousin left for a visit and she let me use her computer and after that I bought the game and I've been playing ever since.
MelroseMonroe

PostMelroseMonroe on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:57 am

I am a member of lipstickalley.com and kept seeing threads on this game. The users would get so creative! Creating welfare centers and dance studios for their sims. Plus, they made them look so pretty. I finally got Sims 4 last year and have been absolutely addicted since.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:00 am

The first time I ever saw TS1 my boyfriend at the time had it and I saw it when I went to his house. I sat and watched him and was fascinated by it. My girls saw it and liked it too and each time I'd go to his house I'd play it.

Well, him and I eventually broke up and I forgot all about it. A few years later my oldest daughter told me she bought it and every time I'd talk to her that's what she was doing. She go immediately to the store the day a new expansion pack came out.

She was so addicted to it! And, her boyfriend that she lived with, who didn't work at the time, would literally, every single night, have a glass of something cold to drink on her desk and her game fired up every night when she got off work! used to make me laugh!

I still wasn't that into it and she'd go on and on about it.

Then one day she said something about CC. I'm like what's that? She said it's really awesome stuff that people have made and you can download it for your game.

I was like really? Like what?

So, she proceeds to show me, and

O
M
G

I was IMMEDIATELY hooked! The ability to make your sim pretty with nice hair, and clothing, and ohhhhhh the furniture and deco objects! I played every day after that!

Then, of course, I got to thinking .... Hmmm, if other people can make stuff for the game, wonder if I can?

So, I set out to learn how to recolor things and make simple objects. I was even MORE addicted after I learned! To the point there were some nights I stayed up all night long creating (even tho I had to work the next day and would be dragging butt from no sleep!) I just couldn't help myself!

When TS2 came out, I borrowed my daughter's game to check it out and I was really bummed because my computer was not good enough to run it.

So, a few months later, I bought a new computer and was so freakin' excited to finally be able to play the game!

Welllll ....... not, so much!

At that time I didn't realize I needed a graphics card in order to play!

So, again, I had to wait.

FINALLY .... I got a new graphics card and it was awesome and I loved that game sooooo much more than TS1! And, of course I became a huge DL junkie and hoarded all the beautiful CC available. I would go out each payday and buy a new EP, GP, or SP.

Then when TS3 came out, it was near Xmas, so I bought all the TS2 packs we didn't already own for my youngest daughter who was still in high school for Xmas and all the TS3 packs that were available.

Every night when I got home from work, we'd sit and play one of them.

Then I discovered Second Life and pretty much abandoned my sims for about 8 years.

About a year and half ago, my youngest daughter was telling me about TS4 and had me try it.

I HATED IT!!!!!!!

I hated how the UI, and bitched all the time about "Why did they have to change this!!!"

I hated how BLUUUUUEEEE it was outside and how cartoony everything looked, I hated the shadows on the walls, the dark upper kitchen cabinets, the lighting, I could go on and on! Those things STILL bother me, but I've learned to live with it.

So after about a month of playing TS4 off and on every week, I of course got the bug to learn to create and set out to learn.

And here I am!!!

I stumbled upon this wonderful forum by CC shopping on a blog and saw a post for some of Anita and Conny's beautiful things!

Thank you so much Crissi for my beautiful signature! *hugs*
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:27 am

Oh my TJ, I am surprised that I may have been one of the reasons you came to Bloom....but heck let me admit it, it makes me feel so proud!! I am still so excited that you are here, as a part of our wonderful family.

Is it not amazing how the sims influenced our lives? I too started with my sims addiction when the sims 1 came out, and my son who was the only one playing games (of any kind) at the time. But when I bought him the sims 1 it soon involved all of us. Can you imagine the time schedules we had to keep over weekends to allow all of us to be able to play for a while??

It got even worse when the sims 2 was released...for me the game was so much better, and having toddlers and different ages was just amazing. We were all so sad when one of our sims died.....
I only discovered cc when I was playing the sims 2. Never did during the sims 1 years.
I started with recoloring.... and then moved on to meshing mainly because I wanted something specific in my game.
Not all my meshes were good enough to share but I ended up at Annosims, and offered my creations there.

And that was what I was doing ever since.

I am such an addict that I bought all the sims 3 games as well, and I did play the game for a while. I loved the different worlds, and the vacation spots, and seasons, and the ocean.... but I never could get used to to sim people.... so I went back to sims2.

The only reason why I had to move on to the sims 4 was that after I upgraded my computer and also upgraded to windows 7 I found it impossible to get the game installed again. I googled and followed all the advice given but the game just did not run..... may be I should try again..... I still have all my saved games and a whole external full of downloads.

But, then again....I like the sims 4 game, even with the shortcomings. There are so many great cc out there, and I have a few families that I just cannot abandon.

My son who introduced me to the game, never plays the sims any more.....
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:58 am

Ohhh Anita, you should be proud! You're creations are amazing! And, one of these days I'm gonna come to you for help meshing! So watch out! LOL I can mesh basical things that are square and can modify a mesh a little to suit my needs or merge a couple things and remap it, but I'm still a baby when it comes to meshing for sure!

Oh, yes, I totally agree about how the Sims influences us! And it's so very therapuetic too, at least for me it is! It gives me something to look forward to and I learn so much from creating, and it brings me joy every day!

And, I'm sooo tickled that I followed the link for your CC and ended up here! It's probably the best forum I've ever been a part of, hands down!

I love you all! You're such wonderful, friendly, caring, and helpful people!

Thank you so much Crissi for my beautiful signature! *hugs*
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 am

Ahhh... the shared history compilation with each of us a string in the whole fabric!

As I've stated, my sons played The Sims... I didn't even remember that until Ben got out the box with all those disks in it... LOL

They got me to agree to purchase ts2 and eventually got me trying it. I wasn't too sure about it and thought my eldest, Travis, put waaaay too many lights into his houses. He suggested I build him one, so I did and I rekindled my love of building (I used to do this with Barbies, too!).

By the time they got me involved with ts2, though, ts3 was only a few months away and I as I've always been a computer junkie (long before I was a cc download junkie, hehe), I knew we would be getting it - it really didn't take much convincing from my sons :D

I loved ts3! I learned everything I could about building and was in paradise! As everyone who has played it knows, however, it crashed - A LOT!!!

When ts4 came out I was really excited until I actually opened it...

...then, I was really sad that all the building cheats were gone and I was really unhappy.

However, the game was truly stable, no matter what.

CC came out immediately and I began downloading right away. I found all kinds of cool things to add into my game to make it look wonderful and when they came out with the lighting patch, that and the mods I'd added, made my game experience truly fantastic.

I can now have tons and tons of cc in the game - it looks great inside and out - AND I can leave it open for days with zero issues.

I'm continually in awe of the creators who do things that make the game better and always adore the wonderful cc creators who make my game a joy to build and decorate in...

The best thing? Bloom/Cherry Blossom Sims - my home and my family... All of you make everything better, whether I'm playing the game or simply living my life.

Thank you, every one of you <3

EziosMinionSixx

PostEziosMinionSixx on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:23 am

I started playing the Sims when it came out on Gamecube. My girls had a Gamecube and my best friend had it for her kids but they wanted one of my kids' Mario Party games.So we traded and we have been hooked ever since...well,me more than my girls.I can't get enough. summerB11
kelseywright

Postkelseywright on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:26 pm

My mom got it for my older brother and middle sister but they preferred Zoo Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon and I ended up playing The Sims.
Tony C

PostTony C on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:57 am

It was Sims 1 and it was a birthday present. My sisters got me The Sims Collector's Edition , Superstar and Makin' Magic. I had to get Sims 2 after seeing a preview inside one of the sleeves and now it's Sims 4.

Cheers Tony
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:16 am

Cool, Tony :D

welcome22

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 am

Tony, I remember the sims 1 Superstar very well. It was my favorite pack!
On some levels the game play in sims 1 was tremendous fun.
GallifreySims

PostGallifreySims on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:32 am

I knew about the wii games of sims as a kid and had a few of the DSi ones but I didnt download the pc game until about 2 years ago and it was the sims 3. I had the sims 2 app from mac appstore for a while but went back to sims 3 & 4
TrashBabieSimmer

PostTrashBabieSimmer on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 pm

I discovered the sims through a neighbor. hehe. I started with the sims 3
papergirl 18

Postpapergirl 18 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:22 pm

My kids bought the sims 1 many years ago and I watched them play and thought how could it be fun to control these people and then I was hooked, They don't play anymore and I am now playing sims 4 sooo I have played for many years.
heathernolen

Postheathernolen on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:06 am

I found sims3 through my sister and her friends. they would always play, and eventually she started letting me have a turn. after that i fell inlove! have been ever since!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:31 am

I honestly don't think I'll ever stop building in the sims, regardless of the version :D

It makes me really happy that so many of us found this game and have just kept on playing it <3

kelseywright

Postkelseywright on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Agreed, Suzanne! It's amazing how a game series can bring so many people together!
Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:00 pm

My son's girlfriend was staying with us and had been given the Sims 1, as a birthday present.  As it was MY computer, I had dibs on play time and was hooked in short order.  It was natural progression of this disease to upgrade to Sims 2, which I loved.  It wasn't until Sims 2 was almost through with expansions before I discovered there was such a thing as CC.  ReflexSims was my first CC site, and I too loved everything Jonesi!  

I admit in Sims 1, I was guilty of installing a pool and diving board, then removing the pool to exterminate an unwanted Sim here and there, LOL.  In 2, again, I was guilty of building a pool and removing any form of exit from said pool.

When they started advertising 3, and the Sims could actually walk next door and visit, or walk to the grocery store, I was hooked before it ever came out.  They were all fun, in their own way, I'd have to say that Sims 2 was really the only game I have made a connection with my Sims and would be saddened by their passing.  Sims 3 was more about trying out each new expansion and then becoming bored again shortly thereafter.

That computer is long gone, and like others Sims 3 just wasn't as compatible with my new computer, hence Sims 4.  I too have gone through disappointments with the  game, but you know, hope springs eternal.  I have yet to find The expansion that will make me absolutely love Sims 4, but I do love Sims!  That being said, yes I will probably upgrade to Sims 5 should it appear, in the hopes that the things I hate about Sims 4 will be corrected in 5.

Either way, I know there will always be great artists creating for any Sims game and I will be transported into another world every time I open a game,whether to play or to build.  And of course, there's always the promise of shopping without care!

And above all of that, is the wonderful, caring, friends I have made here at CBS, I love this site and everyone here, without the Sims that probably would not have happened. grouphug

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 am

Yep, Kelsey <3

Awww... you just made my point for me, Debbie :D

SimCharleighM

PostSimCharleighM on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:15 pm

I discovered the sims when I went to visit a friend over the summer break. We lived in the same neighborhood so we were great friends, but I went to hang out and she was playing.. from that day forward I was over her house almost every day!

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum