Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! We have a winner in our October B.A.D Contest! Congratulations to Dang!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» November B.A.D: Comments and Questions.
Today at 5:12 pm by tilly

» Hello !
Today at 5:09 pm by tilly

» November B.A.D: Task and Entries
Today at 2:07 pm by Ranapeach

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 9:12 am by skanning

» Bea Album Update 15.11.2017
Today at 8:38 am by sunkal

» All 4 Sims - Updates 2017
Today at 5:56 am by TaTschu

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 3:41 am by Samantha61

» Hello
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by poppy100

» Helloo!
Yesterday at 10:02 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 10:01 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 10:00 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by poppy100

» Hiya!
Yesterday at 9:57 pm by poppy100

» Hellooooooo its me.....
Yesterday at 9:56 pm by poppy100

» Hello!
Yesterday at 9:54 pm by poppy100

Whats new?

TS4: London Life by Tilly

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

TS4: Wisteria RC's by Anidup

TS4: Wallpaper by TatSchu

TS4: Dining Set by Chicklet

TS4: House by Lorry

TS4: Wall art by Anidup

TS3: SIP Cabinets by Poppy

TS4: Living room by Chicklet

TS4: House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn crime house by Lovias

TS4: Autumn set by Anidup

TS3: Autumn set by Poppy

TS4: Floral pink wallpaper by TaTschu

TS2: Sam's peaceful place by Chicklet

TS4: Gold paintings by TaTschu

Autumn Bliss Downloads

TS4: Terracotta floors by Tilly

TS3: Autumn Spirit by Poppy100

TS4: Autumn wall quilts by Anidup

TS4: Barnham Broom by Tilly

TS4: Autumn leaves by Anidup

TS4: Canvas pictures by TaTschu

TS3: Fall signs by Poppy100

TS3: Fall Teaset by Poppy100

TS4: Fall House by Lorry

TS4: Autumn paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Autumn Entry by Chicklet

TS4: New Lot by Lorry

TS4 Floors by TaTschu

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

Merging

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jordana
Total Awards : 2

Postjordana on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:34 pm

I am at 12 GB of cc, I have them separated ie clothes, furniture, mods/traits...etc But my loading time is about an hour, and the lag is killer. I know reducing my cc would be the best answer. But wahhhh I want my stuff. What is the limit per merged file to improve my loading times? It is so about Sims 3 when I google it. Thanks Hugsssss Happy 4th bighugs

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 pm

Hello Sweetie, bighugs2
I bet Suzanne would know!

Thank you Crissi for my lovely Siggi!

Tilly Tiger

Wanderlust

Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:30 pm

tilly I was just thinking that as well that's funny..

Jordana go over here and I bet Suzanne will have the answers for you or I know she will help you out lol How BIG Is Your in Game Mods Folder

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
jordana

Postjordana on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Thank you both hugsssss It is 12.7 GB now. I have to stop shopping.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:00 pm

lol I bet Suzanne will tell you different giggle

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
jordana

Postjordana on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:52 am

lol, I hope so

alice4112

Postalice4112 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:49 pm

I'm obsessed with cc but my game still loads fine
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am

Jordana - My CC is around 15GB, It used to take about 30 minutes, maybe a little longer to load. I merged everything into about 1GB files and now it takes approximately 7-10 minutes to load. I have never experienced too much lag but I hardly ever actually play because I mostly build or decorate.

Merging is wonderful! But, make sure you run the Mod conflict program first tho. Because, as far as I know, once it's merged, you can't unmerge it to remove something that is causing game problems. (And save your unmerged CC as a back up!) I have had to re-merge files 3x because something was causing my game to crash when I would try and search.

Thank you so much Crissi for my beautiful signature! *hugs*
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:12 pm

I am working on organizing my cc now because as my usual I overdo it and crash my game lol.
I learned something. The conflict manager is only good for finding duplicate files. It did absolutely nothing to help me find faulty files.

Using the program is best when you want to see what pkgs use same files or if you want to see duplicates to know which files to merge. By merging files that use same files it gets rid of the unnecessary duplicates that the system tries to read which can slow your game down.

That said, I have about 10k of packages to sift through to find the faulties. I divide the packages up in batches and find the ones that won't load and keep dividing till I narrow down. Once I do that I use the Sims 4 Tray importer to help me find the items I want to delete. I have been using it and it works great (can find more info in Tutorials). After all that then I go in and merge the files that I know I will keep in my game.

It has been a process so haven't been able to play for last 2 days :( I am, however, looking forward to having my mods organized for the first time lol.

I do have a question related to this. Anyone know how many folders you can have in your mods folder? Is there a limit or requirement for titles? I think we need a tutorial on organizing a mods folder, lol.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:11 pm

Ohhh I didn't know that about the Mod Conflict program. I only just learned about from Suzanne a few weeks ago. I liked it because it found TS3 files mixed in.

I download a lot of CC from all 3 games when I create and I must sometimes miss label it wrong when I rename them, so I end up putting the wrong type files in and BLAM! Hi-ho, Hi-ho ..... back to desktop we go!

I think a tutorial on merging, would be perfect too! I've been meaning to ask Suzanne more about it, so hopefully she'll write something up for us!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Go ahead to the help section and look for Tech Stuff (or use this link: Tech Stuff...

You can either post a new thread OR add a comment to the Sticky: A Place to Ask Questions, at the top of the section.

I'll be checking on there regularly.

You can ask questions or suggest a tutorial, or whatever else it is that you'd like assistance with! <3

:D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
queenbee84

Postqueenbee84 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm

I recently merged my cc as well. Before I merged I had about 15 gbs of cc it would take me about 15 mins to load my game smh. Now I have 16gbs merged it takes me 2-3 mins to load. I love it and there isn't as much lag as there was before.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:11 pm

That's great to hear Queenbee84! I love it too!

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 pm

I also started to merge my files. I did not have a long loading time because I do not have that many cc installed. But, I thought that if loading time can be reduced by merging the sets, I might be able to install more of the lovely goodies I have. So far it is going very well with merging the cc!
My game also loads within a few minutes.....I barely opened Hay Day and then find the game ready to open my saved game! smile201
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:37 pm

I don't have everything in one merged package. For now I have them 200-350 packages to each merged pkg. I did that so I could still make changes to a merged package without having to redo my whole folder should the need arise. I still have to get some items out of my mods folder due to missing meshes/footprints.

Buuuut, I do have around 50 merged packages (total 22g) and takes about 10 min for my game to load now which before was over 30min and that was for 18g.

Yes, my gigs changed, lol. I downloaded more stuff and got my old cc back so it jumped a few gigs, lol.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I am so super happy that merging cc is really an easy process with s4s!

Being such a cc junkie, I could never get as much cc into my game in the past. :D

Sigh...

...one of these days, I'll reduce my cc load, LOLOLOLOL

...well, maybe just rearrange it a bit! giggle

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Suzanne, I was just wondering.....if you say rearrange it...how do you do it.... and how do you remember what is all merged into one file?
I kept mine per set, for fear of not remembering what would be inside!!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Anita, when I say rearrange, I mean that with the merged files I have, I can pull them out and put others in...

Prior to DOTY, every bit of cc I have was mostly organized by creator (sometimes many folders for some creators like Simcredible, Severinka, and Leo Sims) and only a few were by type, like Plants.

During DOTY, I began to make merge files based on project, like Beach1, Beach2, etc.

When I reorganize next, I'm probably going to do much more merging by project.

I will still keep certain creators organized the way they are, but I am always looking for better ways to organize my cc.

Right now, I have a combination of merged files - creator, type, and project.

I always end up with a ton of cc, though, because I just want to have everything! LOL

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I actually have a system in place for my merged files. I put about 200-350 files in one merge then I create a folder with the same packages still in their separated state and title the folder the same as the merged file. I keep that as a backup so if I need to change anything I change the individual folder then create a new merged file and replace the old.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:48 pm

That is exactly what I do, too, Melisa :D

In fact, for those that might want to know, I finally got around to putting together several mini tutorials, including one on merging cc in ts4.

That one may be found here: How to Merge CC in TS4.

This is a collection of all the posts I've made about merging cc. I hope you all find it helpful :D

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Suzanne - That is a wonderful idea for the tutorial! It will be so easy to read about in in once space.

I too have some merged into types, mostly walls and floors in one, build mode (windows/doors) in another, CAS items in one, then the rest is done by creators

Melisa - That is a great way to keep organized!

Tien

PostTien on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:49 am

Is there a limit on how big a merged file can be ??? Or doesn't it matter... Sorry did find the answer allready ... thx max 1gb but it will take a long time to merge the package
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 am

Actually there is no max just a max on how many files you can merge. It's kind of complicated not sure I can explain best. I will try...

Say you have 5GB of cc and it is spread out over 500 packages. For simplicity we will say each package is 10MB
you can merge however many packages you want up to 1GB before it causes issues with S4S. So say we merge the 500 packages into 1GB merged package... now you can merge those merged packages together even though each package is 1GB. Things will slow down here. At this point I do not attempt to try for more than 3 packages at a time. I've yet to try merging anything bigger than a GB so I do not know if it will hold true in the next step when I try to merge 2 GB packages.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 am

I truly recommend keeping the number of files in a single merge package file to 200-300...

...yes, you can merge more, but it really does take a very long time to merge lots and lots of files.   impatient

I remember merging all of one creators' files at once, when I was just beginning to do this - it took 4 hours!   ohno

After that, I started making more subfolders in each creators' folder and began dividing up the cc!   giggle

Melisa - how long does it take you to merge your merged files together and how large are those files?

If merging already merged files together can further reduce the number of files the game needs to deal with, I'm all for it! inlove34

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I currently have 437 merged package files in my Big Game, totaling 57.1gb. My total Mods folder currently has 58.2gb worth of cc in it.

Here is a pic of the merged files subfolder properties:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My largest (currently) merged package file is the one I have for Saudade Sims.

The following picture shows how many items are in the backup folder of unmerged cc (which is the Properties dialog) & the size of the merged file - that is in the lower left corner :D

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:50 pm

For me it depends on the size of the files. S4S starts slowing down for me roughly around 350-400. Only time I tried doing more it was around a 1000. That did not work out, lol. To answer how long... doing 350-400 takes me less than 5 min. While packages merge I am usually playing a solitaire game on my phone, lol.

Afterwards I started trying to merge files a little more to get my artists into a single package file. That does take time just not as long if they were all still individual. I do notice my load time is still long

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum