Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Scandi Crush, our summer download theme is now open. Take a look in our artists category!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 3:08 am by szanne7000

» Lorry's Sims 4 Album *UPDATED 22nd August,2017
Today at 3:06 am by Tahoe

» Bloom updates for August 2017
Today at 3:02 am by Samantha61

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 2:50 am by Tahoe

» From Lorry's Portfolio
Today at 2:26 am by Samantha61

» Is anyone else having problems adding your SFS button up on here
Today at 12:48 am by Samantha61

» Hello there!
Yesterday at 9:53 pm by Samantha61

» Need this color texture in wood
Yesterday at 7:21 pm by Samantha61

» TS4 Cushions From Ivy Rose's Doty Entry
Yesterday at 7:17 pm by Lorry

» Hi there
Yesterday at 7:00 pm by Samantha61

» Pets Is Coming!!!! Yup
Yesterday at 6:34 pm by navyninja

» Corp SimsStroy Wicker Chair
Yesterday at 6:01 pm by szanne7000

» A challenge for the Designers
Yesterday at 6:00 pm by szanne7000

» Szanne7000 - Working on it :) *** Updated August 19, 2017
Yesterday at 5:47 pm by szanne7000

» Tahoe´s new album Sims 2 "Updated 20/8 2017"
Yesterday at 5:23 pm by poppy100

Whats new?

Scandi Crush Summer Theme

There's much more, so take a look!

TS4 Scandi Crush Living room by Chicklet

TS3 Recolours by Poppy

TS4 Scandi crush gallery by Oldbox

TS2 Scandi crush Sim by Maryann

TS4 Scandi crush rugs by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush bedroom by Chicklet

TS4 Scandi crush hallway by Anidup

TS4 Scandi crush summer house by Tilly

TS4 Scandi crush Kirkenes by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush paintings by Crissi

TS4 Scandi crush design gallery by Tilly

A Tour Of Chicklet's RL House

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:15 pm

In 2011 the company I worked for downsized and closed the office in my city. After losing my job, I moved in with my parents in the spring of 2012 to help my dad care for my mom who has a chronic illness that kept her bedridden. (Unfortunately Daisy, my fur baby, had to live outside or in the basement on super hot or super cold days).

Well my mom improved greatly over the next 3 years and I felt I wasn't needed as much (and I desperately needed my independence back! LOL) so I moved into an apartment in late summer 2015 with the plans of buying a new house as soon as I could. I hadn't been at my current job for 2 years at that time, so I had to wait until I had before I could apply for a mortgage.

Last spring, I finally was able to buy a new house! I was absolutely thrilled to pieces! This was a little house I could afford all on my own (without the help of a man!) and it would be perfect when I got older because the main part of the house is all on one floor so no stairs to climb! My daughter, her son, her boyfriend and his son all conned me into letting them move in with me ... Tasha and Dale live in the basement, there's a living room and bedroom, storage, and laundry down there. They have a separate outside door they use that goes into the back yard. The boys have a big bedroom upstairs in the HUGE 10x30 foot finished attic, but it's hot up there in the summer tho, so normally they're camping out in the living room during the summer!

My house isn't perfect by no means, but it's mine and I'm proud and happy every single day when I walk thru it or pull up outside of it! My plumbob stays bright green most days! LOL)

So, here's a little tour ..... (ignore the blue painter's tape you'll see in a lot of the pics, these were mostly taken right after I bought it and we had painted a lot of things! LOL ... also, please ignore the quality of the photos (my phone takes crappy pics!)

This first pic is what the house looked like before I bought it. I hated all the wood, it blended all together and was boring. Reminded me of a cabin! So before we ever moved in .... me, my daughter, and her boyfriend painted the porch white to make it pop, and he painted my front door a vivid bright red! I LOVE it!

Before

After

(This was during the porch painting process ... hence the blue painter's tape and unfinished painted porch roof! LOL ... I was still staying in the apartment during the week so I could work and her and Dale had moved into the new house to paint and do stuff I wanted done before I moved everything in, so she took a pic of the door to surprise me!)

Next we enter the Living Room

(Ignore the blank framed cardboard! LOL ... I was testing the frame for size, and still haven't made the picture yet for it!)

(The blanket ladder was recycled from my neighbor's porch railings! They took them all down right after we moved in and were going to throw them away! I had my daughter's boyfriend cut it down to make this blanket ladder for me!)

(My fireplace is non working, so I put flameless battery operated candles in a candleabra with a mirror behind it and it glows beautifully and looks quite nice when turned on actually)

(I needed a guitar like my sims have and my daughter had one in her basement she wasn't using, so it found a new home next to this chair and worked out perfectly because I needed to fill up that space a little more)

(These pics make the chair appear to be teal colored, it is actually a light slate gray .... more grayish than blue, and it looks awesome but it's not very comfy! LOL)

From the living room we enter the Dining Room

(I have 3 very large windows in there that makes it bright and sunny and look there's the baby gate we put up to keep the dog's out of the kitchen when we mop! LOL)

(Ohhhh loook! More painter's tape! LOL This was not long after we moved in, I took a pic of the table because my parents gave it to me and I made the napkins and flower arrangements so I was showing it off to them)

From the Dining Room we Enter the Kitchen

(Since my daughter does most of the cooking I let her decide what the kitchen colors would be, she loves bright colors! I would have preferred whites and neutrals LOL!)

(And still more painter's tape! LOL)

(Because I keep my table set all the time, we hardly ever eat at the table unless we have company over. We bought these little trays and stools for the boys to eat in the kitchen and not on the carpet in the dining room in case they spill something! I almost always eat at my desk and my daughter either eats with me in my office or downstairs in her living room)

My Office

My Desk where I do everything from work to create!

(This is my craft table and holds all my paints and sewing machine and a whole lot of clutter!!! LOL, this was right after my daughter's boyfriend painted the filing cabinets and made this work area)

(This was before it got cluttered full of all my craft supplies! You're see what I mean in a few more pics! LOL)

Next we head to My Bedroom

** WARNING!!! **  I am a girly girl! My bedroom has lots of touches of pink and is very feminine! I don't have a man in my life so I can have my own calming oasis in the glam diva look I want! LOL

(This was right after we moved in. I had my daughter's boyfriend build me a faux 6" wall the entire length of the room behind my bed  for all my pretties to go on! My dad thought I was nuts! LOL) I got rid of these little nightstands and repainted them for the boys because they were too small for me. The walls were originally a boring beige and all the wood work was natural wood ... the ONLY room in the house that had natural wood! I Hated it!! So we painted my room a dark gray and all the woodwork and trim and doors a bright white!)

I have 2 huge windows that go almost floor to ceiling. I found these wonderfully awesome and full tulle curtain panels for dirt cheap! Something like $5 a panel and each one is 108 inches wide! They're actually gazebo curtains)

(My Marilyn Monroe pics I made!)

(I bought this old vintage phone at a garage sale for $15 and I LOVE IT!!!)

(This is an old vintage chair we found on the side of the road and I recovered it to match)

(I have a very fluffy fur fake rug, which the dogs think is their bed!)

(This is my favorite part of the room! It has all my girly pretty pink things from the old perfume atomizer to my tiara! LOL)

Random Pics

(The gate that Daisy is standing by is another recycled piece of the neighbor's porch railing. I new it would be perfect to put on hooks so the dogs could come outside with us and not be afraid they'd take off running! They love it out there!)

(This is my old girl being a watch dog!)

(This is my daughter feeding them orange slices for a treat!)

(When I first brought Daisy home from my parents it was ROUGH! She had never been around other dogs, so she was a little mean and bossy and dominant to Carter, my daughter's dog. I made her a new bed as a welcome home present! She'd been stuck outside for 3 years, I wanted to pamper her now that she was back inside!)

(Carter, my daughter's dog, loved her from the beginning! He would not sleep on his bed, he had to always inch closer and closer to her!)

(And, closer still! Such a typical, needy male! LOL ... and ohhh look, now you see crammed craft clutter on my shelves! LOL)

(Before I brought Daisy home, this is what I'd always find when I walk thru the hallway!)

(Now this is what I normally see when I walk thru the hallway! LOL)

(One day when my daughter was sick and sleeping in my bed while I was working, this is what I saw.)

(Half an hour later, Carter had once again encroached up on her and THIS is what I saw! LOL)

(My big girl is getting old and she's got cancer. She won't be with me much longer, but I wanted to make her life the best it could be for the rest of the time she's with me so I had my daughter's boyfriend make her some steps up to my bed because it's too tall and she can't jump up there anymore. I wanted to have the independence to come and go as she pleased like she used to. She loves them and uses them all the time!   Oh Look! A rubber toy chicken! I'm surprised I didn't have bunch more toys laying around in the pics because normally I have at least 6 different toys in my room, a few in the hallway, and the rest strung out thru the living room and kitchen!)

And now it's time to say goodnight!

(This is literally an EVERY night occurrence at bed time! I tell her it's bedtime, she looks around for her baby, or some other toy, and gets on the bed and if there's none in my room, she goes and gets one out of the toy box!)

So Bedtime goes a little something like this:

(Gnaw Gnaw Gnaw Gnaw!)

(And gnaw chew some more, Watch Mom! See I can almost put this whole pig in my mouth!)

(WAIT! Did you just take my pic?!!)

(Ok do it again, I'll smile this time!)

And, there's a little peak at my RL!

Last edited by Chicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:31 pm

It is taking forever for the pictures to come up..I know it has to be my computer..but the tab just keeps cycling around, and around, and around..and then I have to hit refresh..then it cycling around and around..sooner or later I will get to see your beautiful home girl..I can't wait lol

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:52 pm

It just keeps turning and turning and turning..and still I can't get the pictures up..what is going on..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Sam - It sounds like maybe it's your internet connection. Try to reset your modem, that often helps. Sometimes you have a connection, but not a strong connection. Unplug the little power cord from the back and wait 10 seconds then plug it in and try again to see if that helps.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:35 am

Ohhhhh my gosh TJ, I have thoroughly enjoyed this whole walk thru. Your stories for each picture was so enjoyable. Especially the dogs doggy2 doggy2 I love Daisy, she is so beautiful, and Carter is equally adorable the way he respects Daisy's space.

Wow the transformation of the front exterior was unbelievable...you sure did make it pop Chica. I loved all in the interior furnishings, and if someone were to walk me through your house I would instantly know it was yours! I was seeing Sims sets everywhere runcircle

The best thing.....it's all yours bighugs2

I love pink, but if you saw my hubby.......never gonna happen, so I settled for the next best thing WHITE with wood......works for me :girlie5:

Thank you so much TJ for bringing us into your beautiful home, I've had the best half hour, so much fun ymd

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:09 am

Awww Lorry! You're so sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed my tour. I know it's not a magazine worthy showplace. It's a little, teeny tiny house, just 2 bedrooms if you don't count the basement and attic (I wasn't planning on anybody moving in with me when I bought it so it was plenty big enough for me and Daisy... now I have a full house! LOL)

I do have a large back yard, but only part of it's fenced in. Enough so the dogs can go potty. My plan next year is to fence in the rest of the yard because I forget I actually have a large yard! LOL And, the garage is on the back of the house from the side street (I live on a corner).

And, I bet your bedroom is beautiful! I would like that, I always wanted a white bedroom! I really like white a lot. But, I have wee little grand kids with dirty, sticky hands and fur babies who drag in mud and grass who always get on my bed. Luckily my everyday quilt is reversible so I usually keep it on the dark pink side. I have a very pretty all white "for show" only scalloped edge quilt and shams I use when I have company over.
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:56 am

You have a beautiful house TJ. Like Lorry, I can see your sim style everywhere. Your Dogs are gorgeous too. I'm dog crazy, and my two puppies will be arriving in our home within the next two weeks, lol.
Thank you for sharing, Its good to see where you live in RL.
Easter01
Total Awards : 0

PostEaster01 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:09 am

TJ,

Wow, you really have a gift with decorating. I love the way
you made your home sooo comfy.

omg, I love Daisy and Carter. They really look so loving and
friendly.

Joanne

feeldaluv

Easter01's The Father Michael's Saga can be found: Here

Easter01's Short Stories can be found: Here

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:19 am

WOW!!!! It is a beautiful house indeed. Your interior as well as the look out on the neighborhood, make me feel like stepping right into Willow Creek!! LOL.

You have done well TJ, the house is beautifully decorated and I am sure will keep you happy for ages! I love the porch and the red door is amazing! Love to see that you allow your dogs on the beds, when my hubby is looking the other way, I allow mine to lie with me as well. They are beautiful animals.... look very kind hearted!

I like the "wall" you built into your bedroom, and it is giving me an idea...... might just be able to convince my hubby to do something similar in my bedroom.
I an going to go over the photos once more...... drooling!!

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:52 am

Thank you girls! I'm so happy you enjoyed my tour! I would love to see your own homes some day too! Always interesting to see the different style houses people live in, especially those in other countries. The architectural is usually soooo much more interesting than what I see every day!

Tilly - I bet you are super excited and can't wait! I have always heard that having 2 puppies at the same time is easier than having just one because they entertain each other and don't get so bored and destructively chew on things! I would love it!

Anita - I do so hope you can convince your hubby to build you a wall. It really was very easy and didn't cost too much at all. I love mine (although right now, it's crammed full of stuff my family keeps buying me or giving me because it's pink and they think it will go in my room! And, I don't have the heart to tell them it's not my style (or it's just plain ugly!) or not the look I'm going for, but soon I will put everything in a box so I can have my wall decorated as I had it before! LOL)
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Your house is so beautiful and the red door feels so welcome. I love your lovely bedroom now I also have pink wallpaper and floral bedding and curtains i have it because my husband does not notice anything I could paint about the bedroom without notice.
I'm sorry for your dog's sake and I hope you have a good time.
I'm also there soon my dog has atros and he's getting worse and worse he sometimes can not even jump into the car he has eaten analgesic tablets since New Year but they do not help anymore I hope we can have him left until September anyway .

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Awwww Marie, I feel for you! I hope you have him a little longer too. It's so sad when you know they're going to be gone soon. They become such a part of your life, they become like our children (only better, they don't back talk or sass! LOL)

You are lucky your husband doesn't mind what you do with the bedroom. My dad is the same way with my mom, whatever makes her happy he goes along with .. so their bedroom is very girly too, pink roses every where!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:29 pm

I still can't get into any of the heavily pictured topics..I even unplugged the internet cord still can't do it..I may not be able to vote either crying

I need that other computer up and running..I can't deal with this at all..and I don't even know why it has started this.. crying computersmi

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:18 pm

this tour on your house is wonderful to see Chicklet, and your dogs,.. ohh how sweet there look sleeping in your bed.  laughing1
  I like you house very much and all the stuff you have in it,
              thank you for sharing your home Chicklet..  cheerleader 

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Phewww! I noticed that one of my pics needed resized and it only took 3x to get it edited! Didn't want Sam to give me any whoopins'! LOL
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Your funny TJ..and yes I would have given you a whoopin lol..

Well I was able to see most of the pictures..but still that tab is turning and turning..I will sooner or later get to see all of then..

Your home is beautiful and so are your babies and your daughter lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Oldbox
Resident Artist

PostOldbox on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Your house is beautiful TJ..I have looked at the pictures at least 4 x.
You have a tasteful furnishing style that I like very much.
I like your Dogs. You can see that they feel very comfortable.

Many thanks, that we could see your beautiful house and the fantastically furnished rooms
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Sam - I'm so glad the pictures showed for you finally. And, Nooooo, no whoopins for me! LOL

Conny - I'm happy you enjoyed the tour thru my house! and ty you both for the wonderful compliments!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57 pm

Hehe...

I am on the lookout for to large of pictures..so I can give someone a whoopin rofl301

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:45 pm

LOL TJ I had to laugh about the fence in the backyard! If you lived in Australia, the first thing that goes up, is the fence.......then the rest follows giggle

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Lorry why do you still have VIP Member instead of Moderator lol...I think tilly is slowing down giggle

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Your house looks like it was completely redone with just those few touches updated. I'm very impressed!

I am so jealous of your built-ins. My dream home is older and has built ins!  feeldaluv

Daisy girl is just a lovely lady and its easy to tell how much you really love her. Carter looks like a ton of fun! giggle

And last but not least, all of your color schemes fit each room perfectly. I'm hoping I can get my craft room back soon. Right now its over taken by wedding decor, left over boxes from when I moved in, and other things that don't have a home yet.

A L O U E T T E glasses5
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:59 pm

Alouette - TYSM! I'm so glad you liked my little house! Yes, it's definitely older, I do love the character of it but I would have also been very happy in a little bit more modern home. But most of the homes in my city are older and the newer homes are more in the suburbs and much too expensive for me to afford on my own.

Yes, my craft room gets taken over by holiday craft stuff around September and doesn't get any better until January when I put it all away! So, I can totally understand! LOL

Lorry - I've never been to Australia or even read too much about it, why is a fence the first thing that people put in? LOL
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 am

You have a lovely home, TJ :) I felt like I was looking at a home in the sims, lol. Everything was so put together and thought out.

BTW, I love those built-ins! I've always wanted a house with those on either side of a big fireplace :D And good choice on the teal and red decor :)
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Broomhilda61 wrote:Lorry why do you still have VIP Member instead of Moderator lol...I think tilly is slowing down giggle

I have no idea why Sam.....maybe I'm just important danceani giggle

TJ......PRIVACY!
As soon as a new house is built, the fence is next

They did try this new thing in a suburb where fences were banned........that didn't last for long though
Also if you have a pool, you better make sure there is a fence surrounding it, otherwise there could be a big fine coming your way

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum