Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Scandi Crush, our summer download theme is now open. Take a look in our artists category!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

Scandi Crush Summer Theme

There's much more, so take a look!

TS4 Scandi Crush Living room by Chicklet

TS3 Recolours by Poppy

TS4 Scandi crush gallery by Oldbox

TS2 Scandi crush Sim by Maryann

TS4 Scandi crush rugs by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush bedroom by Chicklet

TS4 Scandi crush hallway by Anidup

TS4 Scandi crush summer house by Tilly

TS4 Scandi crush Kirkenes by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush paintings by Crissi

TS4 Scandi crush design gallery by Tilly

Another Era Challenge

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 am

Making my new sim I decided on a whim to take her back to the 90's. After taking the time to make her attire era appropriate I thought it would not do to put her in a modern apartment. So, I began designing her apartment true to the era as well. I thought to share her and that maybe others would like to see what they can do to show their sims in another time.

Meet Taryn Griffith. She is a 21 year old just out of the service. Days after her high school graduation Taryn enlisted in the Navy because she didn't feel like college was her thing. After her four year tour ended Taryn decided to rejoin the civilian world and find her way in the world. Taryn is an aspiring musician by night and a tech guru by day.

Feeling kinda witchy today.

What I typically wear.

Just arrived at my new apartment! I'm so excited to finally be out on my own!

I know the decor is sparse. Tight budget and all. Maybe after my first paycheck I can do some shopping to spruce up the place.

Kitchen may be small but it's all mine!

The throne room *teehee*

Actually, the bathroom isn't half bad. Love the sink! Going to need it for my laundry. Can you believe this place doesn't even have basic laundry facilities?

Some basic first apartment essentials.

Budget constraints. I can't afford matching sets yet.

What the Foxtrot? You better believe the landlord is going to hear about this.

This is where the magic happens.... no, really I write my music right over there.

This is where I sleep. Seriously need curtains.

My chill zone where I chillax, listen to some tunes, and take in the view.

I didn't say it was a great view.
szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Melisa, I love this! I love your sim, her apartment, all the commentary, and I just cracked up at the last picture of her view...

...I've had places with views like that - I think I was just happy I had a balcony!

This is going to be a great mini challenge!

Thank you for thinking it up <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:24 pm

This is a great idea, Melissa! Thank you for adding it here!
I think your sim is gorgeous! And I hope she will make a lot of money soon so she will be able to buy some curtains, giggle and I giggled out loud for the "Oh my foxtrot!" that is quite funny!! laughloud
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:53 pm

Suzanne, thank you! I'm so glad you liked it. I had a lot of fun trying to find items that would fit the 90's. Had a slight worry with the TV, but I learned you can resize tv's without distortion even in use.

I never had a view like that always lived outside of the city, but like you I wouldn't mind it if I did have that view, lol.

Anita, thank you so much :) I'm glad you got a kick out of her. I wanted to have the commentary like she is sending pictures home to friends and family. I will be moving her adventures to my portfolio as I play her more so there will be a lot more commentary... and "foxtrots" sprinkled in, lol.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 pm

giggle

I must admit that "what the foxtrot" is a very nice way to express that sentiment! claphands1

~~~you are so welcome, Melisa! summerB7

...and that is a cool tidbit about resizing TVs!!! HappyDay

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Melisa - This is a fabulous challenge! And I just loved Taryn (and her name! Very nice!). I too loved all the first person commentary!

And, I had to giggle when I first started reading. My first thought was, Suzanne? Are you an aspiring musician and didn't tell nobody? This could be HER story!! LOL ... she too is a veteran (although I dont' know what year she went in or got out) AND she's a Tech Guru at night!! (well, sometimes day too, depends on if she slept that night .... and it's only on the forum ... but who cares! lmao)

I loved the mouse hole and her reaction to it! And then the comment about where all magic takes place, had me laughing out loud! Esp since I have a naturally naughty mind and yeah, you know what popped into MY head! LOL

I can't wait to read more of her adventures!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 pm

giggle TJ!

I went into the Air Force 3 weeks after my 17th birthday in 1979 and got out in 1985. I spent part of my time on Active Duty, then went into the Air National Guard after that so that I could go to college.

(I think everyone wants to be a musician/singer/actor early on... then reality sets in for most of us, lol)

However, I am definitely a Night Owl...

I feel much more productive in the later afternoons and at night. giggle

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:58 am

This is perfect timing, because last night I saw a house on Pinterest from the 60s and I fell in love with it......hopefully 'the magic will happen' and I can deliver!

Oh gosh so much to do, what to do first summerB9

Thank you Melisa for this challenge, already I have ideas forming in my head!

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:30 am

I think this is a great idea, Melisa. I love the 90s. giggle I actually think you did great with the electronics in this apartment. They fit the theme!

A L O U E T T E glasses5
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 am

I've been thinking about the 1970s...

...orange and avocado green!

:D

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:49 am

I love this idea, LOL I have so many projects not eh go at the moment but I think I might have a go at this one. I love period stuff.

Your 90's place is really wonderful, which apartment did you use?

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:44 am

Thank you everyone for the support! I wasn't sure how into a challenge like this everyone would be. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with flirty
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:08 am

Suzanne..... I can just picture that in my head!! Can sooo remember my parents home..... with mustard yellow and green!!
Oh my this is going to be very very interesting!!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:24 am

Yes, Anita - my Mom had the avocado green appliances AND the orange shag rug!!!

heheheh...

...now, I just actually need to start building - hehe

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:17 pm

After three days of solid building (I moved my Sim twice because I didn't like the first two apartments LOL) and decorating I am finally able to present you with 'Another Era'.

Hello, my name is Cherry Blossom the year is 1955 and I have just moved to San Myshuno.

07-31-17_2:11:38 PM

This apartment is very modern and stylish in the Fashion district. I have come to San Myshuno to pursue my career as a singer actress. I aspire to become like one of my idols, Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Doris Day.

This is the living room, as you can see I have a television and a record player in the room, it is small but very cozy.

07-31-17_2:13:15 PM07-31-17_2:14:56 PM

Just through the arch is  the dining room, another small but functional room.

07-31-17_2:16:02 PM

Off of this room is the kitchen, kitted out with all the latest technology. I love the breakfast nook in here as it offers a beautiful view of the city which I can look at whilst cooking. I spend a lot of time in here as it very informal, with my Television I can watch my favourite shows or sit on the comfy seats and read.

07-31-17_2:18:23 PM
07-31-17_2:30:17 PM

This apartment only has one bedroom but it does have the benefit of a walk in closet and an ensuite bathroom. A second small bathroom is off the landing that guests can use.

07-31-17_2:34:19 PM
07-31-17_2:34:47 PM
07-31-17_2:40:14 PM
07-31-17_2:36:29 PM

07-31-17_2:37:25 PM

07-31-17_2:37:54 PM

07-31-17_2:35:35 PM
07-31-17_2:44:32 PM

This evening I am off to explore the night life I hear there is a new club opened up, I maybe able to get some work there. This apartment isn't cheap and my savings are not going to last long.

I'll let you know how I get on.

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Nikki, that is so awesome! I love the colors, the styling, I love the way you did the kitchen, that chandelier those curtains ... everything is spot on. Your decor really transports me back :)

Thank you so much for sharing!
poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 pm

you made me feel'' like it is the the year 1950'' Ivyrose.. Super !!!. drunk

thanks for your lovely siggie Crissi  hugsmilie 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 pm

Nikki - I love Cherry and her new apartment! You rocked the 50's look and I loved all the baby pink color that was so popular back then! You did fabulous on it!
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:33 am

You beat me Nikki!
Your apartment is beautiful, I love all the pink.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:38 am

This is the house that inspired my 1960 s Era Challenge, the house was built in 1962

My 1960s House

And this Marissa, the owner of this awe inspiring house

She has a good life!

Kitchen

Rumpus Room

Marissa's Kitties!

Living Room

Had enough of Red

Bedroom

Yes that's a round bed.......where do you get sheets from for a round bed hmmm

:thy: Melisa for this awesome challenge, I really got into the Retro Era express

IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:21 pm

Wow, Lorry this is beautiful and Marissa is a beautiful looking Sim. That house is incredible great work.

Thanks to you all for your lovely comments. It was actually quite difficult to find things that I thought looked the part. I discovered there's a whole range of different styles that were about in the 50's and as for creating a nightclub well that has definitely been challenging to do.

darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:15 pm

IvyRose wrote:I love this idea, LOL I have so many projects not eh go at the moment but I think I might have a go at this one. I love period stuff.

Your 90's place is really wonderful, which apartment did you use?

Didn't mean to ignore your question. I'm so sorry. When I read it I couldn't remember which one I used so I was going to come back and tell you after I opened my game. I had gotten distracted since. It was in the fashion? district and one of the small ones in the upper left part of the map.
IvyRose

PostIvyRose on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Oh, Thanks I thought it looked like one of the Culpepper apartments in the Spice District. There aren't that many that have balconies I used one in the fAshion district in the end too as I felt it gave more of a glamour cosmopolitan look.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:02 am

Lorry! I'm speechless! You recreated that era to perfection! And, OMG chica! Always, always more WCIF's with your builds! I love how you put everything together, and the red is so bold and smashing, but your bedroom is more my colors! LOL

And, Marissa is simply gorgeous! (I looked thru your album already of more pictures and I was 100% amazed! I soooo need to just download for fun and not worry about only getting stuff I can recolor! I feel so deprived!!! LOL)
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 am

Thank you very much Nikki!
LOL I couldn't believe it when Cherry was wearing the same bandana as Marissa, like I said you just beat me in posting.

I think half the fun was tracking down the content to furnish the house and clothing for Marissa! Everything in the house is authentic right down to the axminster carpet in the living room giggle

Awww Chica Chica Chica bighugs2 I think it's time for you to take a break and enjoy Simming like everyone else!
I have had so much fun doing these challenges, and I know your rooms would scream UNBELIEVABLE!

Thank you so much for your comment!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum