Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! Scandi Crush, our summer download theme is now open. Take a look in our artists category!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

Scandi Crush Summer Theme

There's much more, so take a look!

TS4 Scandi Crush Living room by Chicklet

TS3 Recolours by Poppy

TS4 Scandi crush gallery by Oldbox

TS2 Scandi crush Sim by Maryann

TS4 Scandi crush rugs by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush bedroom by Chicklet

TS4 Scandi crush hallway by Anidup

TS4 Scandi crush summer house by Tilly

TS4 Scandi crush Kirkenes by Oldbox

TS4 Scandi crush paintings by Crissi

TS4 Scandi crush design gallery by Tilly

How to Merge CC in TS4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm collecting all the various posts I've done regarding how to merge cc in ts4 - some of you may have seen these around the site, so you're not crazy, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regarding my process for cc:

Step 1. Mod Conflict Detector Mod Conflict Detector Link

If you know you don't have any conflicting cc currently, you can skip this step.

If you've been having issues, you should run this.

There is some cc that shows up as ts3 cc (a lot of meshes for recolors from TSR, like Mutske and Anumberswoman - it is okay) and items from the same creator in the same set - that is okay, as well.

I generally find some ts2 cc in there, that snuck in when I wasn't looking, lol.

Step 2. Get Bulk Rename Utility Bulk Rename Utility Link

Decide how you want to organize your cc!

I mainly organize by creator. For me, it makes it easier to keep current with cc updates. Because I have so much cc in my game, I almost always have the main meshes that everyone uses for recolors, so needing to do it by type is not necessary for me.

However, for some people, organizing by type is easier - especially when you need the mesh in order to use the recolors.

I did it this second way for my DOTY builds, as I was doing a lot of downloading just for a specific build. I have 9 folders called FightClub1 through FightClub9, lol :D

I do not rename script mods, weather, cloud, terrain, rock, lighting, or override mods.

For example:

I have renamed everything except script mods (I have exactly three of those).

Everything else has had "special characters" and spaces removed.

Overrides and weather mods and Zerbu's lighting mods are not script mods. Script mods are like Andrew's effects player and pose play or Brujah's sliding door script mod.

Cloud replacement, terrain replacements, or plasticbox's extra slots are not.

When I do the bulk renaming, I remove:

!
@
#
$
%
&
(
)
-   dash
+
_   underscore
{
}
[
]
'   apostrophe
"  quotes
,  comma
foreign characters (I replace those with the closest English equivalents)
and check for extra  .   period

and, of course,  spaces!  Do not forget those :D

If anyone needs to know how to actually run the program, just let me know. Once you start using it, it is very easy to use.

Step 3. Get Sims4Studio S4S Link - Community Tested

The download link is down the page a bit - look for the BIG RED DOWNLOAD. Below that are two links - one is for the Installer (which I recommend) and the other is for a ZIP file (a zip file you will need to extract, then run the exe file to install).

Link to their Tumblr and/or their website to keep up with updates to this program. They update S4S quite regularly and it is a useful program for a whole lot more than just merging cc, like batch file fixes for EA issues, like the mirror and lighting problems, etc.

Merging cc in S4S is also quite easy.

I suggest not merging more than 200 to 250 files at a time. I have pushed that to about 500 files. Note: that takes a really, really long time. Don't do it! LOL

Side Note: The game does not care how large a package file is. It cares how many of them there are.

This is why merging files reduces load time and lag time once the game is loaded.

The first time loading your game after merging files may take longer than subsequent loads, but you will be amazed at the reduction. Truly.

When I had 7gb in my first merged trial - it took about 3 minutes to load. I was literally bouncing in my seat :D

I am willing to skype with anyone who would like me to talk them through this process all the way through (from Mod Conflict Detector on).

I love having all my cc (well, not quite all of it, heheheheh) in my game.

The smaller game is quicker in changing categories and I am absolutely able to search in it; I have a piece or pieces of cc in the larger game that causes me an issue (I am unable to search in that game - the lady with 76gb is able to search in her game, so cc is the culprit. I just haven't had the time to locate it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's what I know about size limitations for merged files...

Truly, I'd say you could go up to 1gb without issue...

...however, merging would take a really, really, really long time :D

Remember, the game truly doesn't care (too much) how large a file is.

The game cares how many files there are.

I have found that merging from 200-300 files is the most effective max number of files. S4S goes fast with this amount.

Note - however you personally organize your files is the right way for you. While I tend to mostly organize by creator,
I also have merged sets for builds, types of items, and combinations of creators.

Needing to have the original mesh sometimes results in duplicates for me by doing it this way and by no means do
I have ALL my cc in my Big Game, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have also (whenever a new creator has new items, gone ahead and spent the time to remerge my files for that creator
by oldest to newest date instead of alphabetically (which is how I used to do it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For example, for Simcredible, I have a folder, Simcredible, and inside that folder are 7 subfolders, Simcredible1 through
Simcredible7. I name my merge files for this creator Simcredible1Merge and so on.

If there is an update to an item or a set, I locate the file/files and replace them with the updated item/items and then
just remerge that subfolder's files.

It also allows me to just add a new subfolder if the last one begins to get "full."

My Simcredible subfolders range in size from 66.7 for Simcredible2 to 107mg for Simcredib4. Simcredible7 only
as 52mb currently, as I still have not filled up that subfolder :D

So, as I add new Simcredible sets (from their site and their sets from TSR), I add them to the last folder and just
remerge that one :D

I'm including screen captures of my Big Game's merged files from largest to smallest so you can see the range of file
sizes. The largest merged files are the earliest that I merged and I have not gotten around to remerging them into smaller groups yet :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE: A point about merging cc... if you want to export the lot with Sims 4 Tray Importer... with cc... it will export the merge files.

So, remember DO NOT delete those folders of unmerged cc!

If you want to just have cc for a specific build, once you've built it, save that game, merged cc and all.

Pull out the merged cc files and replace them with the unmerged cc folders with their files and reload the game - just wait for it to load :D

Open the lot, save.

Exit, saving again :D

Then open Sims 4 Tray Importer and that lot and export with cc.

This way, just the regular package files for the lot should be pulled :D

I've had to do this myself, as I found this out... duh - the game considers the merged package file as one file, LOL :D

The things I don't think of and then find out later!!! I found this out with my TOH build heheheheh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a lot of information here about how to merge cc files (and which ones not to merge, lol), including the steps to do it. It is pretty straightforward and generally takes an evening or so, depending on how much you have.

If you have a lot (like me), it can take awhile. If not so much, maybe several hours. It will, though, reduce loading time for the game.

For example, 25gb may end up taking 15-25 minutes to load instead of 1 to 2 hours :D

This is depending on your system, of course.

When I had 29ish gb of unmerged cc, my game took about 2.5 hours (or so) to load. Now I can load my big game with 57.7gb in 1.5 hours. :D

Even if you add up to 5-7 gb total, merging will make things quicker.

Note - You can test cc to make sure it is good and won't bork your game by pulling out the cc you know already works, adding in cc (unmerged) a chunk at a time, opening the game, loading a lot, and if all is good (searching, placing objects, making a sim do stuff, etc.), just closing the game without saving.

You can do this repeatedly until you've tested all your new cc before you permanently add and/or merge and add it to your game.

2nd Note: If you do decide to merge your cc, definitely keep the unmerged cc!

I organize my cc in folders by creator (mostly) and then merge the contents. That way if something needs to be updated, I just overwrite the old cc with the new cc, or pull it out, etc., then remerge that folder's cc and replace the merge file in my game.

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you --- I do tend to go on, lol... I just want to make sure you have all the info :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
darksyngr

Postdarksyngr on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Awesome tutorial :) Thank you!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 pm

Oh, thank you, Melisa!

Merging cc has come up all over our site...

...when I was asked to be the Tech Guru, I knew I already had a lot of posts, so this was a lot of copy and paste and just a bit of editing and addition :D

I hope it helps everyone who would like to merge their cc - and take any concerns away for those who have thought about it, but weren't sure they could do it. <3

sunkal

Postsunkal on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 am

Thanx Suzanne!
sunkal

Postsunkal on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

the only think that scared me is bulk rename program Lol , actually i started to rename file one by one it's very long time, but do not want loose something ! :thy:
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:16 am

Hi Beatrice - you're welcome.

FYI: The Bulk Rename Utility is a straightforward renaming application.

It is possible to make a mistake; however, I've made a Tech Stuff thread for you here: Using Bulk Rename

Use this program one step at a time :D

This should take away any fears about using this utility <3

Please let me know if you need any further clarification or assistance :D

sunkal

Postsunkal on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Thanks for all the advice,Suzanne! At the moment I have merged 5gb of my 12 gb of cc, and the opening time of the game has already dropped from 35 minutes to 20 minutes. Thank you rock
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:10 am

Oh, that is fantastic, Bea!

I'm so happy I could help :D

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:44 am

That's great Beatrice! I love merged CC!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum