Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Lorry's Sims 4 Album *UPDATED 13th July, 2018

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

patty3060

Postpatty3060 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Wow Lorry absolutely perfect houses partying , I like everything about the pink house. I repeat perfect topscore hellowave
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:52 am

TaTschu wrote:Gosh Lorry! Honestly...I had to look 2 times at the first inspiration house, and your re-build which one is the real one...lol. Amazing Job, Sweetie!
Are they for download? ( *Whispering to myself* pleae say yes, please say yes )...LOL

I have a question about the pink house: The Bathroom pic: where is the seat with the blanket on it from?? Ist just beautifull!

Another question...How long did it takes to build a house? I'm just interested, because I thinking about to start building for a longer time now. Hours? Days? Weeks?

Sam I laughed as well when I read the first line of Tanja's post ROFL

ty soooo much Marie, Sam, Bea and Patty express

Sweetie (Tanja) firstly here is the link for the SEAT WITH TOWEL
That's funny, because I just discovered that bench from Patty's album!

When you start building, you will realise that my houses are nothing compared to what is out in the community, but for now, I will thoroughly enjoy your feedback sham

Thank you so much sweetie bighugs2

A build only takes me about an hour (if that). What takes time, is working through the selection process of colours, that's why most of my houses are white! Furnishing the house, can take me anything from a day to a week emb6

I can't wait to see your builds, with your experience with recolouring, I think you will make some awesome creations.

I will definitely share these houses with you my sweetie! So long as you realise they aren't totally finished.
Just give me time because hubby is home at the moment, and he is uploading AND downloading comp4 so internet can be a bit slow for me.

I will message you with links tschak

Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:21 am

lol Lorry..only an hour to build..omgosh..it takes me all day to build a small house then build on as the family gets bigger..and that takes me all day as well..lol..

Amazing how you can build such stunning homes in just one hour.. :hypnos:

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 am

Sam that is only the structure! It does not include furnishings or landscaping......lol I wish

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:48 am

That is what I am saying lol..just doing the structure takes me all day lol..then it is just a square box..until I get enough money to add on..lol..

So if yours takes just one hour..I need some hints on how to do that runcircle :hypnos: giggle

valentine1f

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:57 am

Wow Lorry...just 1 hour for the Structure? Wow!
I remember the Bathroom Build we made. Gosh, this one room take me 3 Days I think!...lol

And thank you so very much for the first link, Sweetie! I know this houses are normally not for download ( I think so! ). And you make me very happy!

About my builds: I wish you are right...I tried to build a house while ago. And after hours and hours and a lot of dontgetit angry pull hair out pc2 comp4 I gave up...lol

But I will try again :)

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:59 am

ROFL Oh Sam you are so sweet budhug I use Motherlode.....I would never get a build done if I played the game!!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:02 am

LOL Tanja we posted at the same time!

You are very welcome.........I have sent you the second link claphands1

Hubby had to go to a meeting and my daughter went to her fiance's place, so I have the internet to myself.

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 am

I used to use the Motherlode years ago..I love not using it anymore..it's just to easy to get the Sims family to get rich quick and then nothing to do really..for me anymore..lol...

So I make them earn it by rebuilding the restorable car..paintings and things like that...if done right..one painting can earn them $10,000..I haven't had one like that in years..lol a car cost $800..and when redone and sold is $5,200

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am

TaTschu wrote:Wow Lorry...just 1 hour for the Structure? Wow!
I remember the Bathroom Build we made. Gosh, this one room take me 3 Days I think!...lol

And thank you so very much for the first link, Sweetie! I know this houses are normally not for download ( I think so! ). And you make me very happy!

About my builds: I wish you are right...I tried to build a house while ago. And after hours and hours and a lot of dontgetit angry pull hair out pc2 comp4  I gave up...lol

But I will try again :)

ROFL Oh my gosh you are so funny ROFL

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:19 am

I have another question ( sorry to bother you Lorry! ) But I want to learn from the best :)
Where did you get your inspiration? Do you use pictures of a house? Floorplans for the rooms etc? The Interior, objects, how to decorate?

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:26 am

You know Tanja..I have tried using floor plans off the internet..and omgosh they never come out right..I want to see yours when you get one done..so maybe I can learn from you and Lorry and Suzanne..and omgosh tilly, and everyone else who can build lol..

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 am

Tanja you could never ever bother me, I love to help people

I google house 'Facades' in the hope I will find inspiration. Even the back of a house can spark my imagination if I really like it. I struggle to follow a house plan, although I have on a couple of occasions, I like to make up my own facade if I do this.

I signed up to Pinterest, and they always send me beautiful pictures of houses, along with Houzz (not sure if that is just Australian though)

As for decorating, every now and then I see a room I just have to try and copy, but generally I do my own thing.

I hope I have been of some help to you my dear, please ask if you have anymore questions

I have to go and prepare dinner now bored

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:31 am

You know I just had a thought.........perhaps we could all build a house together, room by room, would you both like to do that?

OK gotta go and get this dinner!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:41 am

OMGosh..I would I think lol..but remember I am playing Sims2 lol..

Let's do it in the challenge section..if you want..start out with the 3 of us..then maybe more will join in..lol

valentine1f

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:44 am

Thank you for your answer, Lorry!
The funny thing is, that I tried most of the thing you do, too! lol
I use pinterest, goggle "Houses" or *Exterior* etc, I saved a lot of floorplans on my Computer.

I know Houzz! We have a german/Swiss Site of it too :) Love it!

Thats a cute idea, Lorry! But I want to try it on my own first. I hope you understand! If this not work, I would love to build a House with you! <3

Last question ( I hope so...lol )
Do you build the rooms first, or the House? I hope you know what I mean :)

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am

I don't know about Lorry..but I build the house first then the rooms..

valentine1f

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:46 am

Lorry, the two houses are fabulous.
I love to browse through them, and look at each detail you added!
Your pink housee makes me think of my grand daughter's Barbie house.
Romantic and girly yet very stylish.
I love it.
Please tell me where you found the beautiful bedding.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Tanja of course I understand.......we can wait to see if you want to do the 'build a house' thing, unless Sam really wants to do it regardless.  We'd have to see if Tilly approves as well!

To answer your question........I do the same as Sam, build the house first, then the rooms.  I generally have an idea of the shape I want to create, so it's easier to make that my starting point.  We are lucky with Sims 4, we can drag rooms around and reduce them so easily, so I always do that after I have settled on a plan.

giggle  Anita, a Barbie house for sure!
I will get back to you with a link to the bedding  koalahug

Here ya go Sis

Lace Bedding niceday

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Thank you Sam and Lorry! I was not sure what is easier. But yes, it make sence. I saw a few Videos on youtube, where some people build the rooms first. Thats why I ask.

Lorry, I have a LAST question! Promisse! baghead

When your house is ready to furnish/decorate, how do you sort your CCs? I have all my CC sorted by creator, and all are merged and in my mods folder ( Now since I have 2TB SSD's, I can have all my CC in game! YAY...lol )
I have a few Theme specific Folders with abandoned, Boho etc. But they are not in my game.
I have more than 37k files, 110 Folders with 41,2 GB...OMG!

If I want to start with the Interior and Deco, it would take hours to find what I'm looking for...lol
How do you do that? Do you know what you wanna use before you build your house? Or do you have all your CC in game?

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:13 am

Tanja you can ask me a thousand questions, and I will be happy to answer all of them!

It's funny that you should ask this question because, only last week I sorted 3 folders in my game.......Bedding, Cushions and Books!

I had so many of these items in my game that it was taking so long to locate anything.
Finally I have them all in folders now and I put them into my game as I need them. It has freed up a lot of space as well!

I don't merge any of my content and that's purely because when I upload a house, it will not be included.
I learnt this lesson, when I wanted a certain piece of CC, so I put the house in my game only to find it was empty......I was gutted.

Tanja knowing what custom content is available in the community is important. If I am going for a theme or colour, I recall a set I have seen and generally find it straight away, then it goes in my game just for that build.

At the moment I have 4,717 files in my game with 27 folders. Now if I put the pillows, bedding and books in it will be more.

After I build a house, I upload it with the tray importer, grab the mods folder with all the objects, put the new tray files into the game and only use the required amount of build items for that particular house. That way I can take out my rather large windows and doors folders and only use the bits for that particular house, again freeing up more space for quicker loading times. I think it takes 2 to 3 minutes for my game to load.

I only use content as I need it, so I don't have my CAS folder in my game, nor mods for playing. It seems pointless to me!

I hope you understand what I am meaning and if there are more questions, please ask HappyDay

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:55 am

Sweetie, thank you for taking the time to explain it to me! I absolute understand what you mean, and it helps a lot <3

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:19 am

I can wait till everyone is ready..just let me know when.. :hypnos: bighugs2

valentine1f

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:26 am

Lorry, your explanation is very informative. I too was wondering how you get your cc to be so complimenting to each other.
I will have to pay serious attention to my mods folder, I have so many cc in there that I liked, but have barely used.
I am a hoarder you know, just have to have everything! thlol
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:04 am

Tanja you are very :welcome1:

Sam I've been thinking of doing something like this for awhile now, I'll definitely let you know my dear budhug

Sis what I discovered with too much content is, a lot gets hidden. So i don't see the point of having a huge Mods folder, I just have to be on top of it and knowing what I have that's not currently in my game!
If I want something specific in the way of cc, I google it and generally I either have the set or I download it, put it in a separate folder into my Mods folder, use it in my game and when I have finished with it I put it away! EASY aha

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum