Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest is now open! Come and join in!   The January hunt starts on the 14th! Dont miss it!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?
TS4: Boho rugs by TaTschu

TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

TS4: A touch of gold wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Windyridge house by Mireluk

TS4: Pink loft by Velvetkiss

TS4: Sovereign wallpaper by Tatschu

TS4: Linen wall set by Velvetkiss

TS4: Floral wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Westover Avenue by Mireluk

TS3: Window and door deco by Poppy100

TS4: Jenba apartments by Lorry

TS4:Terri flower collection by Anidup

TS4: Fant house by Ivyrose

TS4: Prada lightbox by Ivyrose

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Kitchen tray by Poppy100

TS4: Carnegie wall set by Velvertkiss

Thing I miss the Most

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ToriTheBest

PostToriTheBest on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm

I truly miss the create a world function - I get that you kind of can- but not to the extent you could in other sims versions. I also miss the beach! I cant remember which pack it was ) maybe world adventures for sims 3 when you could have a beach town. Also split level homes. and as it has been mentioned many times before I am sure. Spiral stairs.
fernandaemia

Postfernandaemia on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:35 pm

I miss being able to choose if the sim is boyfriend or boyfriend in the sims 4, to be single or married when I start to mount a family is very limiting.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:06 am

Ohhhh I have an entire list of things I miss most!

1. Create a world and the ability to just edit to suit your neighborhood

2. Create a style! I find myself soooo often wanting to be able change the color or texture of something

3. Season, I miss the rain and the snow, the cold and the heat

4. Beaches, I love a tropical beachy neighborhood!

5. Pets - I really miss having a dog in my house, one that does things on it's own and not a deco one

6. Spiral stairs, and the ability to create L-shaped and U-shaped stairs without losing a floor

7. The different interactive careers, such as architect and stylist! There are no "female" interactive jobs for TS4. I mean sure a girl can be the things that are offered but those are not very feminine jobs and I liked being able to use all my different hairs and make-up, clothing, and all my CC 

8. The non-cartoony world! I can not stand the outside world in TS4, it is soooo fake looking to me

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:16 am

Chica number 2 and number 4 for me crying

I loved using my own textures on clothing and furniture.

The beach is the biggest thing I miss. Having lots right on the beach, splashing in the water, or learning to snorkel, living on the water in a boat house that moves.

Damn it's hard not to install Sims 3 again.....I just struggle to find time for all I want to do in Sims 4.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:11 am

Lorry, I hear you!
I have almost all the sims 3 packs, even the tropical one....do you know how many times I was tempted to install it and only concentrate on the game.... just for the sake of playing.

But the only thing putting me off is the sim people.....I don't like their voices or looks.
So I stick to the sims 4 but I would LOVE to have seasons and beaches.... working ones....in the sims 4. Pets would be nice too....but if I could choose for my game.....seasons and beaches.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Rhisa

PostRhisa on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 am

- I miss the beaches as well, well not so much the beaches but the snorkling and diving and meeting mermaids. It was called Island Paradise Tori :)

the spiral stairs and my cc stairs. someone created a u shaped staircase for ts3 I used in almost every house I made :

The create a style is a big miss, now every time you want a different color you have to recolor....or find someone who already did.
Last couple of days I've not been playing or building much, only recoloring for a house I'm working on.

and the terrain tool.

I also wish that there was more things to do for kids and teens. I miss the Prom night for teens and university life.(I always thought the messages you got if your teen was on prom night were funny).

The open neighbourhood, I still don't like the loading screen everytime you want to visit a lot

But I just stopped comparing with ts3 otherwise I won't enjoy ts4 as much because of the focus on things that ts4 lacks compared to ts3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:36 am

I am just put off by the graphics in Sims 3 Anita, otherwise I would just install again and put myself out of misery!

Oh Rhisa don't even get me started on stairs crying All those beautiful spiral stairs.

I do the same, just stopped comparing, it really does my head in giggle

tantemir

Posttantemir on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 am

I'm so going to play TS3 again after all these comments :)
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 am

rofl301 tantemir

Rhisa

PostRhisa on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 pm

LOL tantemir
blueberry01

Postblueberry01 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:31 pm

yeah! Some people creates the prettiest worlds, I really miss that!
Nickilyn

PostNickilyn on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:20 pm

I miss so much that Sims 2 had that 4 doesn't. And I hate how Cartoonish the worlds look in Sims 4. I do like some of the features that Sims 4 has but there is still a lot to be desired. I am just thankful for the wonderful creators out there for their custom content. I miss having Beaches and cars you can drive. And definitely having Seasons. The trees changing colors, the rain, the snow. And having dogs or cats.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:10 pm

I miss create a world, too!

...and create a style.

...open world.

...terrain tools.

...stairs!!!

...ah, so much, lol!

What I don't miss? The game crashing! rofl301

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
GallifreySims

PostGallifreySims on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:30 am

I miss spiral stair cases and create a style so much! consol1 I miss creating a world the most though, I find myself downloading 64x64 lots and i don't have windenburg yet

saying goodbye saying goodbye
papergirl 18

Postpapergirl 18 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:17 pm

I miss different vacation spots. I enjoyed sims 2 where you could go stay at the hotel and get a tan on the beach and go shopping. I thought it really added a fun layer to the game. I miss going to college with my sims too.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:38 am

Oh, you really want to get that expansion, Abigail :D

I love building on the island there... I keep bulldozing all the lots except the community one, lol...

It has great light!

Have you seen the Granite Falls mod that turns the location into a tropical beach destination, PaperGirl?

Go to this link, Tropical Beach for Granite Falls and read all about it... the download is on the continued page (Read more...). I think you'll really like this :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Well I spent the weekend getting my TS3 loaded back on my PC and downloaded/merged my CC.

I was pretty particular this time around and only added stuff I thought I'd use, I only added about 20 hair, a handful of outfits, a couple houses and enough objects that I feel I could decorate appropriately and still keep the lag at bay.

I have more memory on this computer than I did on my other one when I had it installed before.

With every game pack, stuff pack, and expansion pack, and all EA Store content and worlds along with my additional 4-5GB of CC, my game takes roughly 5-7 minutes to load from start to entering the lot.

Suzanne had me tweak my graphics card for TS4 and I did the same thing for TS3. I think that helped with load and lag because I allocated the majority of memory of my graphics card to TS3 when it's running.

I still have a few seconds of lag swapping between categories in CAS, and after using CASt for a little bit it will stutter, but then it's fine.

Game play is fine tho (which is the entire reason I re-installed it)

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Do you play the sims 3 with all the EP's GP's and stuff packs activated?
I played my sims 3 over the weekend as well..... only 4 pack activated, and the game kept on freezing for a few seconds.
I read that the Pets EP was specifically reported for caused this.
Had no crashes though, very little cc. And I mean about five hairs, no clothes and one set of wallpapers by Praline and a living room.
Game loaded fine.

For exclusive content. 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Anita - Yes, I have it all installed, and I no problems actually "playing" when I got the chance on Saturday, but I didn't have everything installed then.

Last night, my only moments of lag were when it was swapping between categories in CAS while I was creating my girl and when I was using CASt to recolor some stuff I was looking at.

I'm hoping to actually get a house furnished and be able to play tonight.

I installed Overwatch to see if that helps, it's supposed to clean up any stuck sims and pets and cars, which cause lag in the game, I haven't run it yet tho.

I just prefer the game play so much better for this game than TS4.

I also merged my CC or used only Sims3Packs (which is why it took so long to actually get to a point that I was ready to play)

And, I saved my entire The Sims 3 folder to my desktop each time I would add a chunk of CC, just in case my game wouldn't load or it crashed me.

I added quite a lot of CC tho, with all my store content and worlds, and actual CC, I think it's close to 6GB besides all the packs so we'll see how game play is now.

I have 16GB of memory on this PC and I currently have everything set to high on the settings, but if I find that I'm lagging during game play I'll adjust the settings.
little1fwn

Postlittle1fwn on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:17 pm

i miss beaches the most.
Vlasagne

PostVlasagne on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:37 am

I also miss the recoloring option. That was nice in Sims 3. Because of the graphics i´m a bit addicted to sims 4 facepalm , but i thought about playing the sims 3 a bit more. Now that Pets are definitely coming i feel hopeful that some of the Packs will compensate the missing pieces in sims 4.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 am

Hi Vlasagne, I also hope that Pets in sims 4 bring us more to the game than some of the previous packs.
I have started playing sims 3 again, but I have a lag to the game that is troubling me..... so I went back to my sims 4 game.
In any event, I also create for the sims 4 game, so I am quite addicted to the game....
shortcomings or not. I love it still.

For exclusive content. 
Vlasagne

PostVlasagne on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah the lag in sims 3 is what stops me from returning fully to the game.
I just recolored two or three pieces, but i want to start creating content soon. But in the meantime, I am content with the wonderful objects of other artists lovepaint
ninfias

Postninfias on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 pm

I also miss being able to pick "boyfriend" during create a sim rather than choosing between single or married.. I don't like starting my sims off as single but starting them married isn't as fun! I miss starting the family as a couple who gradually works towards a marriage.

I miss seasons and pets too! Now that pets is coming, I hope seasons will follow!
micha

Postmicha on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 am

Create a style crying

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum