Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

TS4: Tahoes House by Lorry

TS3-TS4 House by Lorry

TS4: Under the stairs by Lorry

TS4: Ocean Breeze by Lorry

TS4: Fight like a girl by Chicklet

TS4: Cassandre's toy conversion by Anidup

TS4: Old Wood floors by TaTschu

TS4: Peyton by Lorry

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

Decorating Style?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GallifreySims

PostGallifreySims on Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:23 am

Just wondering how you like to decorate houses?
summerB11
I always stick to a white and black theme, as well with my CC. I do also love rustic, luxury style, and contemporary. My all time favorite CC artist is MXIMS
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm

I like to decorate romantic, shabby chic, rustic or very colorful (not boho) but it depends a bit on how the house looks. Have begun to use a little more floral fabric at the last time.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:10 pm

There are so many beautiful things available, I cannot stick to one theme.
I am like Marie, I tend to do more vintage and country, and love colors!!

My decor depends on the sim family who is moving into the house. giggle
jjlyn

Postjjlyn on Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:55 pm

I guess mine go with my mood. Here lately I have been in to yellow accents. Like curtains, rugs, decor or a piece of furniture. I love rustic/farmhouse look though. I actually have a farmhouse table in my own home with matching decor. I once made my house in the game and I cannot for the life of me find it now.

Anyway, besides rustic/farmhouse look I tend to go similar to the boho, but not too much. I also like the modern look. Between my mood and the outside of the home there is not telling what might be on the inside.
Jess7565

PostJess7565 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:57 am

My favorite at the moment is Shabby Chic/Rustic. I have some new CC that make items look very rustic. My next big build I will probably go modern/industrial because I love switching things up!
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:23 am

Jessica, someone may have pointed it out to you already, but you can open an album in the Portfolio section. We would love to see your build and decorating style.
We just love to drool over our member's achievements.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 am

hmmm this is difficult.........I would say 'Mish Mash', bit of this bit of that, probably more on the modern side.

I don't do Boho, because I can't!

momo66

Postmomo66 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 pm

My style is pretty contemporary on average, but sometimes shabby-chic. I'm trying to broaden my horizons, though, and mix it up more :)
Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 pm

I don't really have a dedicated style, I like modern but am not comfortable decorating modern (I think I tend to overdo which negates the essence of modern), so I am making myself lean more toward modern until I feel comfortable with that style.
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:34 pm

I am a mish mash too. I lean towards rustic/farmhouse when I create because I look at so many inspiration pics for my RL house. But, I love modern/contemporary .. but, inevitably something rustic always gets tossed in there too.

So yeah ... and I actually am more into neural colors in RL but in TS4 I try to use more color because there's so many beautiful things that aren't white and beige.

I almost never use pastel colors tho, except for soft baby pink, I am a girly girl and love me some soft pink accents

Thank you so much Crissi for my beautiful signature! *hugs*
Mase1322

PostMase1322 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Lots of clutter
EziosMinionSixx

PostEziosMinionSixx on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:03 pm

I am with Chicklet on the mish mash style.I love rustic/farmhouse(I have your farmhouse cc in my game and love it btw),Tuscan,shabby and some mid-century stuff.Pink is good too(especially with the shabby) but I like to lean more towards fall/warm colors(perfect for Tuscan).
in-brambles

Postin-brambles on Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 am

I'm a huge nerd and definitely base my decorating style on the 'personality' of the Sims I've made, so there's... quite a variety of styles accounted for.

If I had to pick one, though, it would be boho or ~hipster, even though I'm neither of those things in my real life. Who knows!
sim4forever

Postsim4forever on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:28 pm

I Love the black and white theme and then add a lot of colors with decor
SmileyRiley29

PostSmileyRiley29 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Most of my stuff has yellow in it somewhere and I really love the farmhouse style!
sims4please

Postsims4please on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:15 am

I tend to build Victorian homes, so my decorating style is shabby chic, rustic vibe.
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Quite interesting, Riley and Demascus.
You must share some of your pictures with us.
We love to see and drool!
ninfias

Postninfias on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:11 pm

I love black and white themes within my homes, with a modern but comfortable style! When it comes to bedrooms though, it's based on the personality of the sim; For example, I love for my girly sims to have very pink and white, gentle, elegant rooms. I also like to have art work or pictures everywhere, and for desks and tables to be as full of items as it can possibly be!
kuolla

Postkuolla on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:36 am

I always start out trying to build a classic Victorian home but always end up switching to modern and minimalist and have to rebuild from scratch haha
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:57 am

Lol, kuolla, that happens to me too! Or I want a room to have a specific angle and then in the end it turned out to be totally different.
Same when I start to decorate a room. I want it in a specific way, but it never looks close to my inspirational picture!
But, I am having fun, and like it when my creative mind takes over.....which does not happen as often as I would like it to.
dwatson1997

Postdwatson1997 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:00 am

Warm and cozy! I tend to build small so my homes don't feel super bare
emmykinsey136

Postemmykinsey136 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:11 am

I generally keep things very clean and fresh, I like to use a lot of grey and white although black is very rare for me. I love using soft light blue colours for the kitchen tiles or bathroom tiles, I love lots of natural light, so usually big windows!
Mia.*

PostMia.* on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 am

Modern & minimalistic is the style I love the most, and I often go with it.
But I also like trying something new. : )
sims4sisters

Postsims4sisters on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:49 pm

I always find my self doing like a modern/contemporary/homey/catalog look design style! Here is an example of my normal design style: (this is a quick room I put together for as a preview for a West Elm recolor set that we did)

Sometimes, my sister and I will try to come up with different style ideas to try and challenge ourselves. Like we will decide to each try to decorate the same sims 4 house but in a coastal style or a southwestern style. Just to try to go out of our style box! sweetdance
faabywash

Postfaabywash on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm

i like decorate in minimalistic and sometimes boho

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum