Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest winners are announced. Congratulations to you all!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Punk rock princess walls by Velvetkiss

TS4: Opulence bed by Freeasabird

TS4: Kitchen herb paintings by Freeasabird

TS4: Art deco shelves by Freeasabird

TS4: Designer perfumes by Freeasabird

TS4: Designer make up palettes by Freeasabird

TS4: Champagne bucket by Freeasabird

TS4: Rose vase by Freeasabird

TS4: Shaped Duet by Szanne7000

TS4: Greenhills House by Mireluk

TS4: Paris fleur art prints by Velvetkiss

TS4: Rock and roller art prints by Velvetkiss

TS4: Dreamscape wall stickers by Velvetkiss

TS3: A gift for Anita by Poppy100

TS4: Brick Walls by TatSchu

TS4: Rustic country walls by Tilly

TS3: Room set by Poppy100

TS4: White swan paintings by Tilly

TS3: 125 Wood St by Mireluk

TS3: Gift for Chicklet by Poppy100

TS4: Heritage foundations by Tilly

TS4: Chancery paving by Tilly

TS4: Boho rugs by TaTschu

TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

The Mix: A chat thread for all members

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 pm

I was so shocked about Marie's husband that I forgot to tell you all..

Went to City Hall and talked to them about what was happening with the Health Department..guess what last week they sent a letter to the landlord he has 15 days to get start cleaning up this mess he has allowed to happen with the roaches..I can't wait to see what he actually does..and it's not just a one time thing..he has to continue it with the whole building until they are completely gone..it's going to cost him a fortune..but by then I hope to be out of this mess..

Still thinking very seriously to get a tent..and space heater and find an empty lot find the owner and see if I can't put a tent on the property and see if they will turn on the electricity so I can have heat, lights and tv/cable lol..I will pay for all of that..and have a port-a-potty brought over as well..and then I can find a place like either John's place or the truck stop and take showers then the laundry mat for clothes..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 am

It's good with my husband he's not even hurt but he's plastered up to the elbow because he's not allowed to touch the thumb two months ago it may take four months before he recovers mobility so now he's sick-sick until 1 December. He would cut a plastic hose and turn the knife back and forth, so the knife was new and sharp so that it became a nice cut. When he was to be operated, he got a local bedbug in his arm but he said it had a very nice effect when his tinitus completely disappeared on the ear but it came back then but for a while he experienced silence.
Sam: It would be very nice to meet you.
Suzanne: It was very kind of you to ask, that's so much you have to think about.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:54 am

Oh my word, Marie! It is really bad news about your hubby's finger. But I am so glad that he did not completely lose it!
And how wonderful that you will now be able to go on vacation! I hope that you will soon find answers to all the questions, and that the two of you can plan around it all.
What a wonderful experience that is going to be!
I am so happy for you.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:21 am

It will be exciting though it will not be until June but it has to be booked in time and we have to save money, but some pay our daughter and son-in-law as thanks for having been a babysitter so much.
My daughter will start working full-time in mid-October, so she needs Lexie full-time, since she has not been given a kindergarten yet, Jamie is already on kindergarten.
Today I brought home Zack again or the ashes after him so now we'll decide one day for funeral. It does not feel as bad anymore, which is nice.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Oh Marie, I'm so happy that you're getting over the loss of Zack and the pain is less now.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Marie..I am so glad that your loss for Zack is not as bad..over time it will get better..and you will always have him there with you..he will watch your home while you are on vacation as well.. summerB7

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

LoWiSa
Elite Member
Total Awards : 5

PostLoWiSa on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Dear Marie, it seems you have alway something to deal with. I'm sorry about your husband, I'm glad he didn't completely loose it. I hope he'll be alright in asap. And I'm glad that your pain about Zack's loss is not that bad... summerB7
Suzanne, I'd like to skype with you too. It'll bee fun flirty

Although we have far away from beeing best friends, I have to say, SimPE and I begin to understand each other. After many many attempts (and fails) I finally did my first functional replacements. All nine maternity outfits, yay! :wohoo:

They work fine for me but I want to ask you, is there anyone willing to test them for me in the game? Please?

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Marie - hugss

Also, I heard from my friend - this is what she wrote back to me:

"Hey there. Best place to buy things like that will be Canadian Tire. It's great for inexpensive outdoor goods. As for park entry prices, I'm not sure. There should be a Parks Canada site for that.

Yep... https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/index Clickable Link

That's the official site. Now, they'll still have to search for BC and AB parks from there, but that will still give them lots of good info.

And on the food question, what are they looking for? Grocery store prices? Or restaurant prices?"

If you let me know about your food question, I will pass that on to her, as well.

~~~

Congratulations, Anna!

Maybe Marie or Sam could test those for you :D

They look nice <3

If you pm me your skype contact information, I'll send you a contact request :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:45 am

Thank you.
I miss Zack very much fortunate but I do not cry anymore but when I was picking up the ashes yesterday and she gave me the urn, it snorted it into the chest and then I sat with the urn in my knee on my way home and now it stands on the shelf above the fireplace as we have on our glazed patio.
Anna: Because I do not play Sims, maybe it will be a little difficult to try the clothes, but if necessary, I can try.
Suzanne: We have also thought of buying second-hand furniture because we can not bring them home again, we also need a car seat and a lighter cart there are some good seond hand stores in Vancouver near the hotel.
Address: 1041 SW Marine Drive
The questions I had about food were such that we could plan a budget, so it's expensive with food. We will also eat out sometimes and then it will be easier places, but since my son-in-law is 30 years old when we are there we wonder a bit about restaurant prices and to shop for food in general
But we will try to cook as much food as possible.

LoWiSa
Elite Member

PostLoWiSa on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 am

Thanks a lot. It's not necessary, I just wanted know if they work in other people's game. In case I did something wrong. Most of my previous replacements worked fine but without a recolor file I used for default they won't show up. I hope I explained it correctly. I guess I'll try my luck without any testers. Maybe someone downloads and let me know :D

Marie, when I read about your planned trip to Canada, I wish to go there with you. Canada is a great country to spend a vacation I think. If you'll take a few pictures (nature etc.) it would be nice, I'll be happy to see them :)

Suzanne, I'll send you a PM right away :girlie5:

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am

Anna, I haven't "played" my game in months..not since I learned how to recolor..and I don't have a pregnant lady in there to test out your clothes sorry..

~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, as of this afternoon I won't have a couch..I know I have a nest in there..they have been crawling around on the couch and I woke up to a few of them the last few days on me..and now I had 3 babies and 2 adults crawling out from under it..so that means there is a nest there.. crying I will keep the cushions to sleep on..it's going to kill my back, neck and hips sleeping on the floor..

I'm also worried that my computer will be next..so I will have to unplug everything every night and wrap it all up in plastic..crying

I guess I should have taken that house..now there is nothing around..but in the smaller towns that don't have city buses and you have to do a lot of traveling to get to a Wal Mart..this will cost me an arm and a leg to get around with a taxi..and after waiting on a ride to Jefferson City..that apartment has been taken..

I'm just going to get a tent on the 3rd and go from there.. crying

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Tahoe

PostTahoe on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Anna: I'm going to take lots of photos I had planned to make a travel journal, but since I will have limited access to the inernet, it will be as it gets but it's long until June 10th.
Sam: I hope everything will solve and I'll be hysterical if I found a lot of creeping animals in my house. Once we found a cockroach in our wardrobe but we do not know how it got there, we saved it in a jar and after a month my husband would show it to someone and when he opened the jar it crumbled a lot of babies so it the jar could be burned up.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Thank you Marie..that's funny that the roach crumbled up into ashes..yes any bug put in a jar without air will die and crumble up..

I have good news again..the guy that Terry is going to rent from called thinking I was supposed to be down today..I don't remember making an appointment..and told him to go ahead and rent that apartment above Terry to someone else..I wouldn't be able to get up and down the hill during the winter..and then he told me he has a place right on the main road going into downtown Jefferson City..it is on High Street..and that is a good thing..no hills and a few steps getting into the apartment..it's a 1 bed, 1 bath..and will be open in 2 weeks..so called Community Action Center back to get a ride up there in 2 weeks..they better come through this time around..I hate relying on others..you have to work on their schedule not your own..not sure yet how far away Terry will be but he will be close to downtown as well..

So that is where that stands..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

LoWiSa
Elite Member

PostLoWiSa on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:22 pm

It's okay Marie, I'm sure we all wait until you'll come back safely :)

Sam, I'm sorry to hear that... I can't even imagine... I would be hysterical. Few days ago I was taking a shower and suddenly I saw a spider on the wall less than a meter from me... I never left the bathroom so quickly. I do not know what I would do if I found a nest in my couch or even in bed. I hope everything will solve soon and you move out.

Anyway strange thing happened to me. In the morning there was 45 pages in this topic, but now there's only five? I had problems to enter my reply. What happened? dontgetit

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:32 pm

I just noticed that as well Anna..I will let tilly know..very strange.. dontgetit

I love spiders..I think they are fascinating..as a kid I used to watch them build a web and then catch a fly and stun it and then eat it lol..fascinating..but roaches no way..to me they are the most disgusting bug there is..

Things will work out I have to think positive right now..yesterday I wasn't thinking very clear or very positive..and all I did was cry..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:53 pm

POSITIVE now Sam that is much better......believe or not when you think positively, it has a flow on effect.

I am so happy to hear about this new apartment, my fingers are crossed for you

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:49 pm

I totally agree about being POSITIVE! When you have negativity around you, even the smallest of things appear to be big and overwhelming! I'm happy to hear that you might actually get a place finally, Sam!

And, OMG! If I saw a cockroach anywhere near me, I'd be calling an exterminator pronto! Ewwww, makes me shudder! And, I HATE spiders, of any kind! My daughter got bit by a brown recluse right near her temple on her face when she was 16. She has a big thumbnail size pock mark where it ate away her flesh.  So yeah, we don't do spiders! *more shudders!*

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Thank's TJ lol..

I know about the Negativity..but just being in this place just makes you so depressed that's all there is, is negativity around..I hope by the end of next month we will be out of here..

We can't officially call anyone..like the exterminator, plumber, electrician any of them without permission from the landlord..I tried that with the plumber one time..he wasn't allowed in the apartment without permission from the landlord first..so after a year I still have issues with the hot water..

It's getting chilly here..today was only in the upper 60's..and only in the 70's this week I think..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Anna - I sent you a reply to your pm AND a contact request on Skype :D

Marie - I passed on your comments to my Canadian friend - I should hear back in a few days :D

Sam - yuck. Hugs. Definitely, think positive thoughts and take positive actions <3

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 am

It may be that Tilly has cleaned up the thread a bit so save space, and keep things updated.

Cockroaches are the most horrible of species!! I hate it when I find one in my house.... fortunately that does not happen often.
They are able to withstand the harshest of circumstances.
Blue Death..... it kills them instantly!!

For exclusive content. 
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:42 pm

What is Blue Death, Anita?

I have *Japanese Water Beetles* - basically, they are just really big roaches, lol... they used to come in my garage looking for water when it got really dry.

Thank goodness for my pest control company - I haven't seen a live one in over 2.5 years! :D

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:11 am

Blue Death is a powder (blue in color) that you can shake out on places where they hide or even just like to walk. Believe me, any insect crawling over a few bits of that is dead instantly.
I always have a canister around the home for that.

But, because it is so potent, I NEVER throw it out where any of my pets can get to it. I would hate it if anything should ever happen to them.

For exclusive content. 
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:30 am

I wonder if they sell that here in the US..I will have to check on that..thank you Anita..

I have used boric acid and if any roach walks through it and takes that back to the nest it is supposed to kill the nest..ya right..it didn't work in John's place or mine..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:28 pm

This is what it looks like:

For exclusive content. 
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:34 pm

I've not done anything to the thread. But it is a very long thread, and I imagine that it was the forum software that cut it from being over the limit.

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum