Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest winners are announced. Congratulations to you all!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Punk rock princess walls by Velvetkiss

TS4: Opulence bed by Freeasabird

TS4: Kitchen herb paintings by Freeasabird

TS4: Art deco shelves by Freeasabird

TS4: Designer perfumes by Freeasabird

TS4: Designer make up palettes by Freeasabird

TS4: Champagne bucket by Freeasabird

TS4: Rose vase by Freeasabird

TS4: Shaped Duet by Szanne7000

TS4: Greenhills House by Mireluk

TS4: Paris fleur art prints by Velvetkiss

TS4: Rock and roller art prints by Velvetkiss

TS4: Dreamscape wall stickers by Velvetkiss

TS3: A gift for Anita by Poppy100

TS4: Brick Walls by TatSchu

TS4: Rustic country walls by Tilly

TS3: Room set by Poppy100

TS4: White swan paintings by Tilly

TS3: 125 Wood St by Mireluk

TS3: Gift for Chicklet by Poppy100

TS4: Heritage foundations by Tilly

TS4: Chancery paving by Tilly

TS4: Boho rugs by TaTschu

TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

The Mix: A chat thread for all members

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:27 am

Marie - My loving thoughts and lots and lots of hugs for you and yours... it is never easy to let go of family - and Zack is family <3

Sam - let us know, as you're able, what's happening. Hugs to you, too, my friend <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 am

Thank you Suzanne.. cutehug

Well it's just after 1 pm..so off to make phone calls.. dontworry

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Marie, it breaks my heart to hear about your baby Zack. He reminds me so much of my Hodge who is now around 13 and has gone completely deaf. His health is good for the most part, but I know with him getting older things could pop up at any minute. I'm so happy you'll have a portrait of him.

Sam, apartment hunting can be such a pain in the keester! Around here, it used to be nearly impossible to find pet friendly places. We are a college town and a lot of college kids have pets, so over the last 3-4 years there are more pet friendly places popping up. Are you looking to stay in a certain area?

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 pm

I know nothing of Jefferson City anymore..the last time I was there was in 1984..and I think again in1989 and got lost..

Terry and I are just going down the list and making calls..I wish we were down there it would be easier to find one than making calls..this way we can see the apartments, the area and meet the manager/owner..and they can meet us..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 am

Good morning my dear BFF's

Well..I think I found a place..this guy has been renting for Section 8 for 10 years..he knows the girl that does Section 8 in Columbia...but it is a 2 bedroom house..so we will see on that one..and Terry found a 1 bedroom apartment..but he didn't talk to them about the animals..omgosh that should be one of the first things you talk about..but he has an appointment Monday and I am going to try and use John's car tomorrow..or even this evening..I hope and pray that Mandy won't be a jerk and denies me the house..Both of these places are in Jefferson City..and not sure how far apart they are from one another..

Right now I am running stuffed animals through the dryer..and sorting out toys..got all my clothes run through the dryer last night..

I hope John will let me use his car..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm

This is wonderful news Sam! I wish you all the best of luck bighugs2

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:20 pm

John through a fit when I asked him to use the car..so that guy is coming to Boonville..he took pictures of the house and I am going to have to trust him..and we are meeting in the morning at McDonald's..John will let me use the car for that..at that time he will fill out the paperwork and then I will turn it in..and he's going to try and push the inspection for next Wednesday..so let's see what happens..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Oh, I'm hoping for really good news, Sam! :D

I can't wait to hear <3

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm

I got to thinking about this house..not sure I can do it alone..I have to talk to that guy in the morning before he leaves his house..if I have to maintain the yard in the summer and sidewalk during the winter..I won't be able to do this..

I will see..

Terry is also going to call the place he found and see if there is another apartment for rent..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:10 am

I also wish for this to be the best news ever Sam!
Please keep us informed.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 pm

A short update. This morning, Zack fell asleep. It feels very hard now that I know it was time and he collapsed last night when he was going to shake. The mistake will never go over, but suppose the worst is going away for a while, so I can think of him without tears.
Zack 2006 - 2017 R.I.P

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:43 pm

Ah Marie, all my thoughts are with you and your family. May Zack rest in peace.
And may you and your family find peace in all the happy memories you have of him.

For exclusive content. 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Ohhhh Marie, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family hoping you'll be able to grieve quickly and remember the good times with him. I know it's very hard tho.

Have you thought of getting another dog? Not to replace him, but to help fill the void of the house being empty without him?

When my 17 month old lab/shepherd mix died unexpectedly I cried for weeks, literally every waking moment I was crying. I wasn't working at the time and she had been my constant companion every day, so without her around it was super hard. About 2 weeks later I saw an add for lab/husky mix puppies that would be ready in 3 weeks, so I went and picked out Daisy. I still cried, missed and mourned Baby, but once I got Daisy home she helped a lot to not constantly be thinking of Baby every moment of the day.

I'm not sure I will get another puppy right away when Daisy passes tho, because we also have Carter, my daughter's dog, and he keeps me company and entertains me daily so that would help. But, if I didn't have him, I would definitely get another one right away.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Sam - I'm happy to hear you may have found someplace to move! I hope it all works out for you. How far away will you be from your boys? Maybe one of them could come once a week and mow the lawn for you.

And, do you get a lot of snow to worry about clearing off the sidewalks? If you don't, and it's infrequent, maybe you could pay a neighborhood kid to do it. They're usually pretty cheap. I know where I live, I always have a few young boys wanting to make a few bucks and come knocking on the door asking if they can shovel.

I am having an extremely stressful time at work right now! Clients wanting things "yesterday" and only telling us "today"! LOL  I worked part of my weekend last weekend, stayed over a few hours on Monday, and went in early on Tuesday! I haven't even wanted to sit at my computer once I finally get done. Blehhhh!

Is it Friday yet? LOL

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:21 pm

Oh Marie..I am in tears thinking of you and your family losing a dear friend..named Zack.. crying He is in Heaven now..and will watch over you there patiently..

Thank you TJ..

Well I have been approved..yeppee :multistars:

My rent will be only $150 to the $325 I was paying here..that's good news..

As for the yard work there isn't much of a back yard the trees pretty much keep it cleared because of no sunlight and that's ok as well..
He also owns the house next door and they have been mowing both their place and now my place..front yard so that is covered..I will figure out how to shovel the snow off of the steps and sidewalk..
He is going to have it inspected I hope next Wednesday..
And good news without telling anyone he said that Terry can stay with me until he gets his place..so will put his stuff in the garage except for what he needs..and I am hoping that we can move my the following Monday after the inspection..it was going to cost $173 plus taxes, insurance, and gas for a 15 foot truck that was the smallest..so I looked into a small U Haul trailer..and that is only $29.95 a day and round trip and tax and insurance..and 2 regular trucks and just give them a bit of gas money and a meal lol and I have just enough money to do all this and get the water turned on..I hope..

TJ..we do get a lot of snow..I haven't been to Jefferson City in years so can't remember if they get more snow than we do here in Boonville but I think so..I know they get more storms there than here..

I am not sure what the "Festable(however you spell that word) of Lights" are around here but in September they have them every Thursday from 6 to-8 so I am going up there with Terry and a couple of his friends...just have to be back my 7:30 to give Frances the car keys..

They have a few games for the kids, food and singing and dancing in the streets..and a beer garden.., drawing and all that..the business put out things around their stores and things like that..it's more for kids but I am in the mood to get out of the house for about an hour or so lol..

I will be back soon and will let you know how it all goes lol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Marie I am so sorry about Zack consol1
May he Rest In peace

Sam congratulations! This is the start of a better life for you, I wish you all the very best

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 pm

WoooHOOOOooo! That's awesome Sam! I'm so glad you're be getting out of that dump! And, I hope your current landlord ends up in a lot of trouble! That was super nice of the new landlord to say Terry could stay with you until he finds a place of his own too!

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you Lorry and TJ..

Well I found out tonight that the girl that is living above us, her mom is moving across the street to the very end of the apartments and upstairs and found out she hasn't even moved in yet and has already spent $150 on roach stuff..and still hasn't killed them..John ask her if it is ok for the Health Department to go over there and she said yes bravo John the landlord is in deep trouble now haha..I can't wait for the city to get involved and maybe just maybe he will pay for what he has done to everyone around..for years..I wish I could file a lawsuit on him..but because I haven't payed rent we can't do a thing..to get at least our furniture money back from him..but that is ok..as well..nobody else will have to go through this again..

I had fun at the Festival of Lights..got a funnel cake and seen the grandkids and seen someone I used to work with years ago..and omgosh I was shocked to see her..and just hugged her..it was nice to see her..again...

I'm so tired it's only a 10 minute walk to downtown..but it takes me 30 minutes and walked through the door 5 minutes before Frances showed for her car keys lol..

Have a great day, evening and/or night everyone

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Marie - Love and hugs...

...I know it may be too soon to talk about TJ's suggestion, but that is what I would do.

Not to replace Zack - he cannot be replaced.

But to give you another being to love. I know I have adopted lots of dogs from shelters and that has honored those that I've lost through time.

Hugs, Marie... lots of hugs <3

~~~~~~~

Yeah, Sam! That is wonderful news!

I can't wait to hear more and then hear about you moving in and how you're going to set up your new home <3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:57 am

Sam I am so happy for you, it sounds like you have had a very enjoyable day HappyDay

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:47 am

Sam, I agree... your spirit does seem lighter and more joyful.
I am very happy about the move! Everything will soon be much better for you!

For exclusive content. 
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you Suzanne, Lorry and Anita..

I feel a lot better..but am a bit worried about moving into a house..and having to pay all the bills..by myself..but we will see..

Also got some great news..the Health and Building Inspector showed up at John's place today..he took a bunch of pictures in the kitchen then we lifted John's couch up and they were worse today than they were yesterday..and the guy said this is all I need..I don't need to go to any other apartment..but I did show him some of my pictures..and then I took him down to the basement where the washer and dryers were and showed him the hole that is under apartment 2..where you can see the tub and sub floor..he took pictures of that as well and some of the wiring hehe..I'm in a great mood right now lol..

Now for the last year and a half there is a guy that hasn't paid any rent what so ever and John the landlord hasn't done a thing..I wonder why..and we got to talking John, me and the Health/Building Inspector said we wonder if John the landlord is scamming the IRS saying that nobody has lived in that apartment..and not paying any taxes on it...we have him good..and I hope that he pays big time for what he has done to everyone that has ever lived in these apartments..

So great news there..will let you all know about the Section 8 inspection on that house next
Wednesday..

Have a great day everyone

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

alouette
VIP Member

Postalouette on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:43 pm

I am very happy for you Sam! Its great the place is pet friendly too. I hope that foul landlord gets what he has coming to him.

Marie, my heart breaks for you. I am sad about Zack but at least he is no longer in pain.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Awesome news, Sam!

I'm with Alouette - that landlord is terrible!!!

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:33 pm

I'm having second thoughts on the house..I have my reasons and as soon as I can confirm it I will let you know..if it's to late for me to do anything then I will use it for one year and then get out..

I think I am going to continue looking and call Malissa Monday morning before Terry leaves to check out his apartment..and find out what she knows on this issue..and then find out if there is other apartments open in that same complex..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum