Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest is now open! Come and join in!   The January hunt starts on the 14th! Dont miss it!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?
TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

TS4: A touch of gold wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Windyridge house by Mireluk

TS4: Pink loft by Velvetkiss

TS4: Sovereign wallpaper by Tatschu

TS4: Linen wall set by Velvetkiss

TS4: Floral wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Westover Avenue by Mireluk

TS3: Window and door deco by Poppy100

TS4: Jenba apartments by Lorry

TS4:Terri flower collection by Anidup

TS4: Fant house by Ivyrose

TS4: Prada lightbox by Ivyrose

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Kitchen tray by Poppy100

TS4: Carnegie wall set by Velvertkiss

The Mix: A chat thread for all members

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:06 am

Sam, you're going to have second thoughts - moving is not the easiest thing any of us do...

...it is stressful, even if it for great reasons.

Breathe.

I would like to know what you think is problematic with the house, though... <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 am

It's not the house..it's the guy that owns it..I talked to Terry about it and he agrees with me..so let me talk to Malissa and see what she says..and call the apartments that Terry is trying to move in and see what they have..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 am

What's with the guy?

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:15 am

Marie, I am so so sorry to read about Zack passing away. I know how sad that is. They really are such big parts of our family. He is now at peace. There is a lovely writing I read called Rainbow Bridge. I cried so much when I read it after Milo died, but it was also comforting:

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, they go to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:52 am

Thank you very much.
It feels a bit easier today yesterday was even on a birthday party and it felt good to get away for a little while I thought it would be jabbig because they have three wonders but they went through the same thing a couple of years ago and know how it is.
I picked up all things after Zack yesterday (Will save them in a cardboard box) Only his necklace hangs on the weapon. It was at least a good afternoon on Thursday he was at his favorite place on the balcony after the first spray, so went away for a while after others, so she stayed all the time but it was so quiet and quiet, he just stopped breathing and it was so I wish it would be.
Now my sons do not want us to spread the ash in the woods, but they want a grave so we'll probably make a comromis and dig down the urn on the plot instead.
And as it feels now, there will be no new dog because I do not want to go through this again and I'm afraid I'll to compare a new one with Zack all the time but they're too early to say anything about it now.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
LoWiSa
Elite Member

PostLoWiSa on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:42 am

Hellooooooo! Remember me? missyou2

It's been a while, I know. Lot of things happened. Trees turned colors. New faces and names, ranks and games. Someone grew older, somebody gets older very soon (about a month and something!) ...

I had so much worries. Much has happened and is still happening. But I've missed you all so much. I will try to be in the picture as soon as possible. I'm sorry I have not been here for so long, but I'll try to make it better and be here often!

Marie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post was the first I read when I opened this thread. It broke my heart. Like everyone said, your puppy is in the animal heaven having great time and waiting for the day you'll join him. I want to believe consol1

Hey Sam, new nickname? What happened to Broomhilda? Whatever; moving is the big deal. It could be stressful but it is a change and changes are great! Change means a new opportunity, a fresh start, making things better or different from the beggining. Everything is going to be fine, remember to breathe and keep us updating.

I have a lot to catch up on, so let's do it.
I'm happy to be here with you all again!

hugss

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:48 am

Hi Anna :D

It's nice to see you ~ sounds like you've been busy living life in the real world <3

I'm looking forward to hearing more, soon!

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

Hi Anna, it is always so heartwarming to welcome back one's friends.
I am sorry to hear that so many things in RL kept you busy and is still keeping you busy.
But we are looking forward to spending time with you again.
No hurry though, whenever you are ready we will all be here.

hugss

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
IvyRose
Resident Artist

PostIvyRose on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Gosh, lots of post s to read since eIw as last here.

Sorry to hear your sad news Marie, thinking of you and your lose.

Samantha I hope things work out Ok with your apartment it all sound a bit mysterious you have me wondering what can be wrong.

I've been busy myself wha twist work and the return to school, our move seems to going ahead OK. We've had lots of paperwork to fill in and the paying the first lot of solicitors fees. hmmm WE this that as long as there are no delays or serious hiccups we should be moving about the beginning of November.

Now it's just sorting stuff out and getting rid of 22 years of rubbish. We've become dreadful hoarders LOL. The saddest thing to deal with is that some of our stuff has to be thrown away, no-one wants it not even for free. We've got boxes of stuff for the charity shops though but our books and record collections look like they are going in the skip.

I'm going to have to sell and replace most of my living room furniture it's all too big for the apartment, my dining table too with it's 6 matching chairs and my wardrobes and chest of drawers from the bedroom. On the positive note I get to buy new ones so it's not all bad.

tumblr_inline_oz33rn7qCU1qkgiz5_1280
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Thank you Nikki

tilly that post made me have goosebumps and starting of a few tears..and your right..

Marie..I swore I would never get another animal..and it was years before I did..time it will take..

I am glad you finally have a place and will be moving soon..and that sorting out things omgosh that has been a real pain in the rear..lol..I cleaned out the toy boxes yesterday..and got rid of a lot of broken toys..Terry will be taking most of them..and I will take a few just in case I get to see the grandkids..but yes that living in one place even for 2 years has gotten a few more things than I wanted lol..and now have to throw them away..
And getting new furniture will be a plus for you lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Nikkie - I know moving is a lot of hard work, but it will be so worth it in the end! And, purging and getting rid of stuff and buying (or getting new to you) stuff is exciting! I love it! I'm not a big pack-rat, but my daughter is! She keeps EVERYTHING!!

I, on the other hand, don't like clutter so I give stuff away all the time, and if nobody wants it, I donate it to charity. So, moving for me is usually pretty easy, especially if I have a lot of time to pack and organize before the move.

Now, what I don't like, is the chaos once you move! I'm the sort of person, that once everything is moved in, I want it all organized and unpacked that day. I'll stay up all night long to get the majority of it done! Disarray makes me shutter! My plumbob turns orange! LOL

I'm excited for you both!

Sam - I know you're find the right place, even if this house turns out to be something you're not interested in.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Ok, I will go ahead and and say it..

My rent is going to be just $72 but in order for me to get it the landlord had to take the full rent down to I think it was $425..from $500...and he agreed to that..but under the table he wants me to pay an extra $75 a month on top of the $72 to get his $500..and I would then be paying $147

I was so set on getting this place I wasn't thinking..now what he is doing is illegal..and I would lose $75 a month and not get any food stamps for that amount either..or any other help..and on top of that that $75 would be under the table and he wouldn't have to pay taxes on it..so what do I do..

He has been doing this now for 10 years..with just about everyone that rents from him..

I don't know what to do..I will talk to Malissa Monday on this..but I am afraid of doing that as well..

I really don't know what to do.

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:16 pm

Well if you talk to someone legally, you may get that landlord in trouble.  And, maybe he needs the extra money too, that isn't claimed on taxes so this is his way of providing an affordable house for people who wouldn't otherwise be able to afford, and he gets a little pocket change for himself.

That's a tough one. If it was me, I'd pay him by check or money order, and keep my receipts, so he could never come back and say I never paid him. But, I would do it, personally. I struggle a lot financially. I don't make a lot of money. And, it's only my income, I don't have a husband or significant other, so there's no 2 incomes in my house. It's just me. And the housing here is astronomically high. I would never be able to afford rent in a decent area, that I wasn't afraid to get shot or have my house broken into. Buying a house was actually cheaper than rent. My mortgage payment is about 1/2 the cost of what rent is here.

But, you gotta do what you morally can live with. Not that I don't have morals, but I figure if someone wants to give me a break and make a little extra that the government doesn't know about, and it benefits me, then yeah.

Cause in the end, he's just gonna find someone else who will accept his offer.
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Thank you TJ..I have the weekend to think on this..and your right on all accounts..but that $75 is a lot of money..but on the other hand paying $500 is way more lol..and getting out of this mess is.. I think it would be worth paying that extra $75..

I wish I could buy a house..it will be a while before I can afford to get one..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:11 am

Lisa: Thank you so much for the poem but what I cried when I read it.
It's understandable that I can talk about Zack and think of him, but when I read what I've written, reading all the nice comments or writing what I'm doing now, I can not keep my tears gone.
He was a dog that tasted the best outdoors so the last thing I did before I went to sleep was to let him in. Now it's only been three days, but I have to open the doors before I can turn the lamp off and go to sleep. I know he's not is there but I'm going to do it as long as I need it.
If nobody can read this, I understand, but it feels good for me to share some thoughts with someone who has participated in the same thing.
Because that's a big grief one bigger than I thought.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
IvyRose
Resident Artist

PostIvyRose on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 am

Samantha, I understand and agree with you about how this is being handled but sometimes the end justifies the need. My daughter is in a similar situation, she rents and gets housing benefit from the local authority. Her landlord has stated the rent at a certain level so that she can get it, he even claimed it was only 2 beds as the third room is very small. As my grandchildren are under 10 she is only allowed to rent a two bedroom place or pay a room tax. If the rent is over a certain amount they won't give her benefits. Anyway, he's agreed to put everything at a level so she can get the support but then want £50 cash each month as that's what he losses by doing this. She agreed even though she struggles to find this money because if they did it the other way she wouldn't be able to rent the house, not and buy food and pay her bills as well.

She's trying to move to another area at the moment where she will get full support with the housing but so far she hasn't been lucky enough to secure a house. When a house comes available she has to bid on it like an auction, she was given a number and because she is at risk of becoming homeless and has a child with a disability she is 'high priority'. The last few houses she has bid for she wasn't even in the top twenty people that also applied for it. One house had 258 people all bidding for it because it was in a good location for a high demand school.

She cannot afford to rent privately again, her landlord now is not good, the house is damp with black patches on the walls, the heating is turned off because it's dangerous and the soil pipe under the wc leaks. I feel for her and cannot do anything to help, I just pray that she finds somewhere nicer soon.

Yeah TJ, the new apartment is very small fortunately there will be no room for hoarding LOL, and I too will have everything packed away for I go to bed, I won't have boxes of stuff lying around. I've already planned where thing will be going, I've emptied cupboards so that I now have the same amount of cupboard space as the new place. Hubby is having to sell his car collection and I've already made him sell the football programmes, we've taken loads of books to the library and the Academy where I work, clothes have gone to the charity shop and other bulky items are being 'gifted' to friends and family.

It is hard work but it's exciting all the same.

tumblr_inline_oz33rn7qCU1qkgiz5_1280
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:35 am

Sam - sigh... if you can do without the extra $75 and what it does to your food stamps (ask them, they'll tell you what your new amount of food stamps will be), then you should go ahead and move.

Where you are living now isn't living...

...it's existing instead of thriving.

If I were you, I'd write it all down...

...the new rent, any changes in your income and food stamps - then compare with what you currently pay and receive.

That should help you decide. You've probably already done this, but I figured I should say it anyway :D'

~~~
Nikki - I so relate! I either go through stuff before or do it after...

...as long as there is time, it really is easier to do it before packing and moving, lol :D

~~~
Ben and I decided to go ahead and stay an extra 6 months, as offered...

...it was hard to do that, as we really, really want to move from here.

However, we also really need to save up the money necessary to move - even with lower rents in Vegas, moving is still a whole lot of money necessary at one time!

...and, I really do not want to be worried about money when we do move.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Your English is perfect Marie and your post brought tears to my eyes..

I love that you still open the door for Zack before you go to bed..he's still around and one day you will feel something on your arm, leg, hand and it will be Zack saying it's ok mom..you can close the door now..

I am sorry Nikki you daughter is going through this as well..why do people do this..take advantage of others..I don't understand..

John and Terry both have told me to wait till Monday after Terry gets back from looking at that apartment..if there is no others there I will go ahead and take the house if there is one extra one I will then let Section 8 know that I made a mistake without saying anything else..and ask if I can take the apartment..

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Oh Marie, I did something the same when Milo died. Its very hard, but one day you will be able to remember him without the tears.
It just takes time. I never thought I would have another dog, as I really loved Milo, but he died 2 years ago, and now I'm ready for another dog (two actually, lol)
What I'm trying to say, is that it does get better sweetie bighugs2
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Nikki, that bidding system is just awful. I feel for your daughter. I had a friend who went through the same issue and she eventually had to change areas she wanted to live in. Ive heard of 500 and more bidding for one tiny flat!
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Just thought id post a couple of holiday pictures!

The view from our terrace

My Daughter, laughing

We drove a 4x4 up into the mountains....a bit scary sometimes, lol

The pool! It was over 35 degrees every day, so I needed this!

And me

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:46 pm

OMGosh tilly..these pictures are beautiful..I love the mountains..and I miss them lol.. f

You and your daughter are beautiful.. feeldaluv

Thank you for sharing..them with us.. :goldstars:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Thank you Sam. The mountains were wonderful, we drove to some tiny Crete villages, drank coffee in the tavernas, lol. There were mostly mountain goats though and quite a few vultures circling around in the sky! I'm not used to mountains, where I live is very flat!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Vultures means something was dead or dying..did you take pictures of the mountain goats those are so beautiful..and how they can get around on those small steep ledges are fascinating..

I still picture you as your Avatar lol..so when I do see a rl picture it just isn't the same hehe..

Did you get the spam report..I forgot to change it to spam though and deleted most of their posts

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am

Lisa, the pictures are beautiful, as were your scenery.
I would have been able to relax in that pool as well.....
The mountains do look quite intimidating, I must say. We have lots of mountains here so I quite used to it, but the roads were built in such a way that you can drive on it without needing a 4x4.
There are others though where you can only go if you do go on a 4x4 vehicle. I prefer not to travel on those, LOL.

Your daughter looks wonderfully relaxed, and Sam is right the two of you are beautiful!
Thank you for sharing the memories with us.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum