Announcements
Welcome to Bloom @ CherryBlossom Sims! Please register for full access to our forum. We look forward to meeting you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area.  All new members please read our forum rules before posting. Thank you!    Check out the new mobile app available for free from Google Play or Apple App Store. Bloom Magazine issue 3 is now out! 
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Unique wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Ontario by Lovias

TS4: Wood Floor Tiles by Tilly

TS4: Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Paving Stone Floors by Tilly

TS4: Designer bathroom walls by TaTschu

TS4: Tahoes House by Lorry

TS3-TS4 House by Lorry

TS4: Under the stairs by Lorry

TS4: Ocean Breeze by Lorry

TS4: Fight like a girl by Chicklet

TS4: Cassandre's toy conversion by Anidup

TS4: Old Wood floors by TaTschu

TS4: Peyton by Lorry

TS4: Rug RC's by TaTschu

New story by Joanne Easter

TS3: Jack Daniels Set RC's by poppy100

TS4:Exo the war poster by iCedxLemonAde

TS4: Autumn decor set by Chicklet45368

TS4: Ceiling Roses by Anidup

TS3: Painting RC's by Poppy100

TS4: Towel Cape RC by iCedxLemonAde

Solved-I am so sorry! :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VelvetKiss

PostVelvetKiss on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 am

I am going to post this here but feel free to move or delete it.

I was in such a fevered rush to get these wall sets out and to people that I honestly didn't realize the sloppy mistakes that I was making. The sets with molding had the top portion shifted so high you couldn't even tell there was molding and the rugs, I forgot to pull the specular map off the cloned item. I never pretested them in game either. And I know better. Sloppy, lazy mistakes. I am so sorry. I will be spending today fixing everything I have uploaded and re-uploading them. Again I am truly sorry. It will all be fixed asap.

Sam: I am going to remake that template and get the new one to you ASAP.
Samantha61
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostSamantha61 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Velvet take a deep breath eat some chocolate lol..and take your time..everything will be ok..don't hurry with anything everyone can wait a few days for your wonderful creations..it won't kill them one bit lol..check everything over not once but 2 or 3 times before putting it up..

Also it might be better to just take down the download buttons until you get them fixed..and then take your post and copy and paste it to each of the downloads..then as you fix them put the word FIXED under the download button..

I'm in no hurry Velvet..come Sunday I will be moving and I may or may not have internet for a while..

I will leave this topic up where it is..for now..until you get everything fixed..

Velvet thank you so much for letting us know what has happened.. bighugs2

Last edited by Samantha61 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm

No worries VelvetKiss, it still happens to me too!
Luckily you saw it. I will be patient for the new uploads.
I still like the walls a lot!
VelvetKiss

PostVelvetKiss on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Everything is fixed expect for the cosmos rugs. They are throwing a fit for some weird reason so I will remove the link to those.

Does anyone know what causes a big question mark instead of a texture? I'm at a lost with this one :(
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Velvet you would get better help in the help section..can you post that there..

I wouldn't have any idea but I am sure there are plenty of them that would lol

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi Velvet! Ohhhh talk about mistakes! Yours were trivial compared to when I uploaded my "Dinner With" set! LOL

I'm a decorator not a player ... so, I didn't think about game play when I converted stuff. I had a bazillion things wrong with my sets! And Anita, took time out of her day to fix almost every issue while I was at work! She's amazing!

And, to answer your question ..... the question mark is because your texture is not the right size. It has to be exactly 512x512 or 1024x1024.

Your image itself can be odd shaped if you were wanting something not traditionally rectangle or square like a cut out of some kind. But it has to be on a 512x512 or 1024x1024 canvas area. Then you'd need to make sure your mesh has an alpha.

If there's a black edge where transparent parts are supposed to be, in S4S while in the object viewer, you can click Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats menu (like you do for game cheats) and type in "alphalpha" (just like that but without the quotes and no spaces ..... the 2nd alpha word gets it's beginning letter "a" from the end of the first alpha word, if that makes sense)
VelvetKiss

PostVelvetKiss on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Samantha: Eek sorry. I forgot there was a help section but.... TJ answered for me.

BINGO TJ! That was exactly it. Only it was that my image size and blanked spec/bumpmaps were mismatched sizes since I just went in and blanked out the specs and bumpmaps. Resized the canvases for the rugs and voila! Going to upload the fixed version now and all should be good to go.

Can you do me a favor TJ? Can you pm that trick with the transparency so I can save it since this thread is going to be removed now that I have everything fixed?

OK, Samantha..I think we can delete this thread. Thank you everyone for being so supportive and understanding! Lesson learned today!
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 pm

No, I think I will leave it up and move it all to the help section..maybe someone else will need it sooner or later heha..

I also put solved on it..

Thank you TJ for helping Velvet out so fast summerB6 bravo

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:56 pm

That's wonderful, Velvet! I'm so glad you got it all working now! And, it was my pleasure to help with something I myself ran across while learning to recolor! So yuppers, we're all here to learn and help!

One way or another, we'll all put our heads together and figure it out if we don't immediately know the answer to problems!

As they say ... two heads are better than one! LOL

Thank you so much Crissi for my beautiful signature! *hugs*
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:02 am

Yeah! I'm so happy you were able to resolve these quickly, Velvet - and I'm happy we have wonderful creators here who will take time to answer questions :D

Seriously, Velvet - part of learning is making mistakes... it is how we get better :D

(I'm going to attempt recoloring next month, so get ready to laugh WITH me while I do) <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:17 am

omgtext omgtext omgtext !!

Did I read that right? I could have sworn I read that you were going to try to learn how to recolor next month, Suzanne!

Well, I think it's awesome, but be forewarned, that once you learn, you'll be addicted! What about your builds? They'll be lonely and sad, and abandoned!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:07 am

LOL, TJ!

I will never, ever, ever stop building... it is really what I love the most.

...however, being able to have something in a different color, texture, fabric, etc. will be cool <3

Just don't laugh at me too much! summerB7

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
VelvetKiss

PostVelvetKiss on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 am

Chicklet45368 wrote:Hi Velvet! Ohhhh talk about mistakes! Yours were trivial compared to when I uploaded my "Dinner With" set! LOL

I'm a decorator not a player ... so, I didn't think about game play when I converted stuff. I had a bazillion things wrong with my sets! And Anita, took time out of her day to fix almost every issue while I was at work! She's amazing!

And, to answer your question ..... the question mark is because your texture is not the right size. It has to be exactly 512x512 or 1024x1024.

Your image itself can be odd shaped if you were wanting something not traditionally rectangle or square like a cut out of some kind. But it has to be on a 512x512 or 1024x1024 canvas area. Then you'd need to make sure your mesh has an alpha.

If there's a black edge where transparent parts are supposed to be, in S4S while in the object viewer, you can click Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats menu (like you do for game cheats) and type in "alphalpha" (just like that but without the quotes and no spaces ..... the 2nd alpha word gets it's beginning letter "a" from the end of the first alpha word, if that makes sense)

Thank you so much for helping me with the texture issue. And also the alpha thing too. I made something when I got parenthood that I never finished because of those black jaggy edges. It's a molding system. Using a wall sticker from the game pack I created tilable molding. But it looked crappy in game so I never shared it or worked on it any more. I am hoping that little cheat you gave will work and I can finish and share it!
VelvetKiss

PostVelvetKiss on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:39 am

YAY SAM!!! I'm with TJ though, it is very addicting. Thats what happened with me and walls. I can sit and do a 60 wall set in the blink of an eye and not even realize I have done it. lol
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 Yesterday at 2:07 am

You're so welcome! I'm super glad I could help! I"m still learning how to make CC myself, I just started recoloring in March. But, you've mastered something I still can't do. It's WALLS!! I've tried twice and each time a big fail! LOL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum