Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest is now open! Come and join in!   The January hunt starts on the 14th! Dont miss it!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?
TS4: Boho rugs by TaTschu

TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

TS4: A touch of gold wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Windyridge house by Mireluk

TS4: Pink loft by Velvetkiss

TS4: Sovereign wallpaper by Tatschu

TS4: Linen wall set by Velvetkiss

TS4: Floral wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Westover Avenue by Mireluk

TS3: Window and door deco by Poppy100

TS4: Jenba apartments by Lorry

TS4:Terri flower collection by Anidup

TS4: Fant house by Ivyrose

TS4: Prada lightbox by Ivyrose

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Kitchen tray by Poppy100

TS4: Carnegie wall set by Velvertkiss

Conversions and reduced poly count items

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:58 am

Hi guys, I wanted ask if anyone was interested in a few bits I've been trying out, I have a great deal of Sims 2 files I have been slowly converting to Sims 4. During the process I realized that I was reducing the poly count so much that I decided to re import them into my Sims 2 game.

I'm not changing the guid numbers but I am when possible changing the poly count from huge to much smaller to improve my sims game play. I have knocked a 6000 poly object to a 2000 without any problems.

It may take a little time to sort out collections of acceptable retired creators; but would anyone be interested in a reduced poly collection of both sims 2 and 4 objects?  It may take some time as not all objects like to be converted or reduced in size. But personally I feel its worth the effort in some cases.
I have been working on the beach collection by Cassandre, I think a few more  (besides the sea glasses) would convert well.  

If so post or PM me and I'll see what I can do, happy to share just not sure if there’s a market for it.  thinking

ps love your emots, want to click them all  sunflowers12

Last edited by Freeasabird on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:35 am

I for one might be interested Freeasabird.
When I convert I also reduce the polys to a more acceptable count.
Though I have to agree with you, if the original creator used a 3d model for the
object it is not always possible to reduce polys without distorting the mesh or take away good parts.
But if you post what you are working on, you may find a market here.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks anidup. I will gather a few bits together and aim to post this weekend. I have a great deal of Sims 2 conversions that are brilliant objects but could be made lighter. My Sims 4 game makes my graphics card fans run full bore despite it being a good product. It was the noise that made me look at some of the conversions and I had the shock of my life lol. There is one mesh I havn't got and would like to track down, its the glass bottle by Cassandre called Sea Glass. I have the beach collections but its not in any of them. I reduced the conversion from around 14,000 (I think) polys to 3791. But without the original object I can't use it in the sims 2 due to the GUID number. If anyone can tell me where to find it I would be very grateful sweetdance
Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi, I wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about the conversions and I have done a few Sims In Paris for Sims 4. I posted at Sims 4 Studio, its sort of home :-) I want to add those items to my Sims 2 game and am hoping to reconvert next week and test them. I found its easier to remesh and lower poly count and test in the Sims 4 as Sims 4 Studio is a fantastic tool and saves me so much time and swearing.
I found that the job is not as easy as I thought it would be as I am trying to lower poly counts primarily. Although The Sims 2 only needs one mesh whereas the Sims 4 needs 6 including shadow meshes. Plus I would very much like to learn how to add colour swatches to the Sims 2 objects but SimPe is a ratbag to use sometimes ( read- I get mad if I cant figure it out inside 10 minutes).
Anyway I hope I can offer Sims 2 player some old objects with some pretty updates very soon. whinef
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:07 am

Hi Freeasabird

I am a huge Sims2 fanatic lol..everyone will tell you that.. giggle
Hate Sims3 and wasn't impressed with Sims4 lol..but love the CC that everyone does..but for me I'm onstrike with 3 and 4 impatient  giggle

But I would be thrilled with what objects that you do have for Sims2 old or new lol..and can't wait to see what you have.. flirty

Thank you cutehug

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:20 am

Hi Samantha61, I too am a huge Sims 2 fan, I have a few things that I think may be ready to go but I will test them first and then take pics and then ask how to post them on here. I will say this I would give anything for a tool like Sims 4 Studio for the Sims 2 it would make life much easier. giggle3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:58 pm

I agree FAB, the sims4studio is a very user friendly tool.

For exclusive content. 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm

I couldn't agree more! I never made CC for TS2 until AFTER I had learned how for TS4 with S4S. And, I got totally spoiled by it! It is so easy and user friendly compared to SimPE! I struggle a lot with recoloring for TS2 because it's very inconvenient to view new textures on that tiny blurry preview screen and I ALWAYS find things I want to modify and edit for personal game play or things I want to mesh and import into it, and I'm clueless on how to do it, and I don't have the time, energy, or inclination to learn how. So, I stick with creating for TS4 even tho I love TS2.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:20 am

Freeasabird, I have never seen the Sims4 Studio..so I have no way of seeing which is better..I have gotten used to SimPE..but have times that I yell HELP..from everyone here and just having them help me out makes SimsPE so much easier lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 pm

I'm so glad you all understand about the tools etc. I've changed and added re-colours for the Sims 2 objects but am very nervous about using SIMPe to make the changes. I found myself washing up earlier to put it off... I will do it, tomorrow I promise. I think the Sims 2 is more important get right for some reason runcircle
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:34 pm

FAB I love your work, and I will be more than happy to have anything you do for Sims 4!
In fact I need to check out if you have added anything new at the Shed!

rock

Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Thank you Lorry! I have; I hope you like them hugsmilie
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 am

:multistars: I'm off to the shed!

Thank you so much FAB bighugs2

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:07 am

I must say I just adore the pinecone collection!
It is coming in very handy with Christmas right around the corner!

For exclusive content. 
Freeasabird

PostFreeasabird on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Thank you Anidup. I have them around in real life every Christmas so I thought why not make some. :-)
I have to say for now SimPe has beaten me. I have been working on around 6 objects that I've reduced the polys and want to add them to the Sims 2 but for some reason I cant get that wretched program to understand what I want Drama So I'm going to take a break and try again in a few days. I would happily give a small (unneeded) elderly aunt for a Sims 2 Studio right now... whatever
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:38 pm

LMAO Fab! Your comment about an elderly (un-needed) aunt made me laugh out loud!

But, I am sorry that SimPE is being a big PITA and frustrating you! And, sometimes it is good to just step back and take a break from something, then you have a fresh mind when you revisit it and often times it works then.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum