Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest is now open! Come and join in!   The January hunt starts on the 14th! Dont miss it!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?
TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

TS4: A touch of gold wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Windyridge house by Mireluk

TS4: Pink loft by Velvetkiss

TS4: Sovereign wallpaper by Tatschu

TS4: Linen wall set by Velvetkiss

TS4: Floral wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Westover Avenue by Mireluk

TS3: Window and door deco by Poppy100

TS4: Jenba apartments by Lorry

TS4:Terri flower collection by Anidup

TS4: Fant house by Ivyrose

TS4: Prada lightbox by Ivyrose

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Kitchen tray by Poppy100

TS4: Carnegie wall set by Velvertkiss

Chicklet's Album - (Updated 1/11/18 with TS3 Stalker Pic)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 am

As some of you know, I am forever complaining about what TS4 looks like and I have NEVER been happy with it! Maybe it's just me and my system, but the inside is dark and dingy and you need a million lights to make your whites look white. Then for me, if I add more lights and used max light settings in the game options, my walls would bleach out and you couldn't even tell what the pattern looked like. And, don't get me started on that purple-blue ceiling! Yuck!

Then the outside was another issue I couldn't stand! I don't want to play Barbies or a kiddie game and that's what I always felt like when I'd pan out of the house. TS4's colors are just way too exaggerated for me. Too cartoony! I hated it!

It made me not want to decorate cause I didn't enjoy it. I could never get my things to look like they do in S4S and it was irritating and frustrating cause TS4 and decorating is my stress relief and my "get away" from RL problems.

I wanted to challenge myself by downloading different style houses and decorating them and maybe actually "use" some of the CC that's in my big, fat, bulging Mods folder instead of always using the same CC style over and over like I normally do. So, I took out all of my industrial/urban things and the majority of furniture from MXIMS, Leo, and all of the conversion furniture I have that are similiar or the same style so that I would be forced to actually use other things.

It's been quite fun to go thru different houses and be inspired. Normally I'm drawn to Mid-Century modern architecture, probably because there are not any houses in that style where I live. But, I wanted to decorate other style/era's of houses so I could challenge myself.

Before I did tho, I wanted to test out Reshade. I've heard a ton of people mention it and I thought well, maybe it will make my game more pleasing to me and I'll enjoy decorating more if I like it.

And, I LOVE IT!!

I took comparison pics of the house I'm working on so you could see too. These pics are un-edited, they use the same amount of indoor lights in each shot, and it's the same time of day. All I did was toggle reshade off and on so you could see the difference.

I do use a few mods in my game for visual appeal. I use the no-blue worlds by Burntwaffles, and the grass/terrain, rock, and roads replacement textures by K-hippie. I also have some default replacement plants and trees.

The first pic, is a vanilla game. It's at Bob Pancakes house and there are no mods in this game except for the No-Blue World files. But, other than that everything else is all EA.

Notice how detailed the grass and trees look now!

Ok, so let's take a tour of the newest house I'm working on. This beautiful CC-free house was made by Altsznm at TSR. You can view the interior and download it here Grande Vista by Altsznm.

I've always been drawn to this type of architecture so this house called my name! And it fits perfectly in Oasis Springs and matches those houses already there. This house looks really large, but it's not really. I fell in love with the layout, because to me it's quite playable! It sits on a 30x20 lot. There are 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. I turned one bedroom into the upstairs laundry room and one bathroom into a walk-in closet off the master bedroom. I kept the kitchen counters and appliances the same as the original ones because they fit perfectly in this style home in my opinion. I did not change anything on the exterior at all. All landscaping and flowers were done by the builder. I just added some more flowered pots and put  my own touch on it.

Comparison Shots (The top pics are all default EA, the bottom pics are how it looks with my Reshade settings that I configured)

Front

Overview of Downstairs (I'm still working on the upstairs, so I'll post pics of that later on)

Living Room

Dining Room

Kitchen

Office

Outside

That's it for now!

Seeing is believing! (At least for me, it is!)

What's your opinion? Which one do you like better? With or Without Re-Shade?

Last edited by Chicklet45368 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:14 am

Wow TJ. .I can even see the difference I like the second pictures better.. great job lol.. :multistars:

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
Mireluk

PostMireluk on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am

Wow that's a huge difference...on the second ones you can see better all the details. :girlie5:

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 am

Chica I am really torn between the 2 hmmm

I like the depth of the EA pictures, BUT I love the detail of the re shaded ones.

Is there a way of putting a bit more colour into the re shade pictures?

I have looked at the pictures over and over and honestly, I can't say I prefer one over the other. They both have something spectacular, but that could be your decorating, which is so beautifully done.

Chica go with what you like best, it doesn't really matter what we think.
Whatever you do is brilliant :chrisstar: :chrisstar:

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 am

I'm back!

I have been over the pictures again, twice, and I think the re shaded pictures are better. Because both lots of pictures are unedited, it really shows the advantage of having the reshade in your game.

Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 am

I forgot to mention..OMGOSH girl..I love, love the rooms and outdoors how they are decorated..I just love them..and love the style and the furniture..absolutely stunning.. bigghug

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:19 am

Thank you girls for the wonderful compliments!

Sam - I'm happy you like the way I decorated it. I am trying to not use the same pieces over and over like I always to and use some stuff I never use.

Chica - With reshade you can tweak it anyway you want, if you want more color so it's not so washed out, yet still have the sharpness of detail you can adjust that all! How cool is that? I just don't like my stuff to be quite so vibrant so I toned it down, plus I wanted my whites to be white and not grayish, and I also wanted my ceiling to be white as well. But, absolutely you can make it any way you want!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 am

I agree Chica, I love white to be white because I use it so much in my builds and decoration. I love sharpness of your pictures, I think that's what made me prefer the pictures using the reshade.

Is is hard to install?
I read up about one awhile back, but I was put off by the installation of it....I got scared and didn't bother about it

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 am

Reshade is really simple Chica! When I first was reading up on it, I thought it was going to be this nightmare to set up too.

But, this newer version, you make all the tweaking in-game and don't have to use some notecard config or anything like that! And, any changes you make you will see immediately as you're tweaking them!

What I did was just to create a new preset each time I was making adjustments just so that I didn't lose what I had originally set up in case I didn't like the changes I was making. Then I could always go back to that one and start again.

There's no un-do so if you make a change and don't remember what your setting was on originally and end up not liking it, you can't just undo it and go back, you'll have to try and find the setting you had originally.

When in game you just hit Shift+F2 to open up Reshade to adjust anything!

I can help you if you want to try it out for yourself!

sunkal

Postsunkal on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 am

I have always been tempting to install reshades, but I have always been afraid of not being able to set everything correctly. In your photos with reshade is definitely better, the details are very well, the only thing that does not convince me is the brightness in the second it seems too high.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 am

Chica thank you for offering to help me, if I decide to do this, I will let you know. rock

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Bea - you can set the brightness to however you like. I'm still configuring mine and adjusting it, making tweaks to it. But, you can download already configured pre-sets and use those without  messing with configuring anything.

I will link a tutorial video about installing and setting it up for those interested.

sunkal

Postsunkal on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Thanx TJ , i'm curios to see the video and see if is to much difficuolt learn in the language not mine :P!! thanx the second version of your pic is for sure better and i love the detail!!!

Tahoe
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 pm

I like the second picture better it will be a completely different feeling in the pictures. In the kitchen it was a little hard to see the word "kitchen" on the wall.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Ohhh Chica a video would be fantastic!

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 am

TJ, I am a little divided about the pics as well. I like the darker shades for the trees, but I really like the brighter and more crispy color inside the house. I fully agree with you about having white show up as white and not grey. All the colors inside show up better.
(I have noticed though, that the color used to give white in the game is not pure white but indeed gray.) It is unfortunate that we cannot change the color of the ceilings. So if reshade can better that I would also like to try it out.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Well I'm still tweaking my settings, and I think that it won't be a one time deal. What I mean is because each world has different lighting in it, what works for one world may not be the way you want it in a different world.

I noticed that when I went into a vanilla game in Newcrest, the settings I did when I was decorating in Oasis Springs didn't look quite as I would have liked in the house in Newcrest. So, it may be a case of having to make different presets for each world. Which is easy to do.

Here's the video of the tutorial I watched but if you search you'll find several more videos. But, this particular video shows the new version of it, which is what you want because the earlier versions were harder and more complicated to configure.

Installing/Uninstalling Reshade by She Speaks Simlish

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Oh now im really interested. Im definitely going to give this a try when I have some time in game! Thank you so much sweetie
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Thank you for the link, TJ. I am ready to try it out.

EDIT: HERE is a link to the latest version: 3.1.0

For exclusive content. 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Thanks Anita! I totally forgot about linking that! If you need help with anything I can help as much as I can but since I'm still new to it as well, it might be a learning thing for both of us! LOL

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:40 pm

I tried to dl the shader, but my internet security (AVG) is blocking me from downloading due to mal...something. giggle
I will try again tomorrow.

For exclusive content. 
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Anita I have AVG as well..and when that happens I have to disable it temporarily and then do what I need to do and then turn it back on

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:53 pm

I thought that would be what I should do, but I got tired and then decided to try it again tomorrow.
Thanks Sam.... you are such a dear. budhug

For exclusive content. 
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Anita your welcome..
:ChrisDance:

valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

sunkal

Postsunkal on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:01 am

thanx for the link summerB9

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum