Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» so ready for seasons
Today at 3:22 pm by MysticTrance15

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 10:56 am by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 10:54 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:49 am by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 10:39 am by szanne7000

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 10:37 am by szanne7000

» Can someone help?
Today at 10:35 am by szanne7000

» Ivy's Finds updated 24 June 18
Today at 10:33 am by szanne7000

» KittyKookay's creations *Updated 23/06/2018
Today at 10:28 am by Lorry

» Question about updates w/multiple games
Today at 10:27 am by szanne7000

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Today at 9:40 am by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 9:39 am by szanne7000

» How long have you been playing the sims?
Today at 9:38 am by szanne7000

» Look weird...
Today at 7:16 am by Broomhilda

» Hey ya'll
Yesterday at 2:47 pm by tilly

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Chicklet's Album - Updated 2/21/18 - First TS3 House

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mireluk

PostMireluk on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:54 pm

omg such a wonderful makeover T.J.

Very nice use of textures and the way you decorate it's just amazing. :hypnos:

Indeed you can do wonders in Sims 3 with just a choice of texture and color. :booyah:

Can't wait to see more pics.

Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:36 pm

I love those fences and that feature wall..that is to die for, for sure lol..fabulous job girl :bravo: f

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Tahoe
VIP Member
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:12 pm

I'm surprised how nice things EA has done to sims 3, now I do not have sims 4 but from what I've seen, the things that come with the game are not that great but that's the same with sims 2 there are some things like I use but they are not many when the size is so weird, ripping on a dresser ... they are giant.
I'm looking forward to seeing more houses from sims 3, maybe I'll see some pictures from sims 2 sometime.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:15 pm

The make over is absolutely gorgeous TJ!
I really am struggling to find the right words for it.
I am amazed by the objects you used, and as I understand most of them are by EA, and that is astonishing! The decor is just perfect and very stylish!
I can see why you enjoy playing the game again.
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:00 pm

That is really cool. I love the color palette with woods and the black tile floor. It looks really great.

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
Lovias

PostLovias on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 pm

This is a great make over, TJ and almost without CC? topscore
I love how you decorated it!! givethumb

I have 140GB CC for Sims 3 giggle nothing collected for 4 years...

Thank you, Crissi ♡♡ for the beautiful Siggi!!

My Blog | Tumblr | TS4 Album
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Okay, TJ...

...If you link me to all your patterns, I just may reinstall ts3!!! LOL!!!

(oh, and give me step-by-step instructions for all the configuration changes you made, hehehe)

Seriously, this is a fabulous renovation and your artistic eye blows me away - I love this!

...I really had forgotten how gorgeous everything was in ts3 - especially when you can change most of it to whatever it is you have in the patterns/textures department. <3

Bravisima!!!

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:21 pm

Chica for some reason the fence looked like a wall and I was thinking, 'how did she do that' giggle

I love the barn walls set, I always used it in a living room or bedroom.
I really love how you have displayed it though, it looks super duper rock

How is the reinstall going?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:02 am

TYSM girls for all your wonderful words of praise! It means a lot to me! Really!

Mimi - I seriously did not know just how great a lot of EA things were! Because I already knew about CC when I installed it the first time years ago, I never even really looked at what came with each pack and the base game prior to installing a ton of CC. So, when I decided to challenge myself on seeing what I could transform into something much more attractive and stylish just by using textures I was amazed!

Marie - I was totally surprised by how nice some of the things were too! And, I've had TS3 on my computer for years and gone back to it several times, but always with CC installed so I never paid much attention to it. And when you have a bunch of CC you tend to look at EA's things that might be textured odd and just overlook it when decorating. But when you have no choice, you get creative and look at the shape of the object and think what you could do to make it look amazing!

Anita - Yes! This house only has 2 pieces of CC in it, the blanket and the bed pillows believe it or not! Everything else was made by EA! I am having a ball revisiting TS3 again! The CASt alone tickles me pink just to have the ability to take pieces of a kitchen and make it all match and appear to be the same set is awesome! And, for me, the game play is fantastic, how the sims react, scratching their leg, or swatting insects, playing in the ocean and that's just what I've seen while renovating this house, I haven't even really played yet!

May - TYSM for your compliments! I create for TS4 but I don't really like the look of it, so revisiting TS3 again has been a really great change for me, so I wanted to show off what I've been doing.

Livia - O M G!! Seriously! 140GB? I'd die with that much stuff in my game! When I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the games, I had about 15gb of CC (but might have actually been more since I had installed a bunch of furnished houses, and I'm not really sure where to look to get a CC count. 15 GB between the CCache folder and my Mods/Packages folder. But scrolling thru all that deco stuff without having any collections was exhausting! That's why I decided to start fresh!

Suzanne - OMG! Are you Serious?!! You would actually consider reinstalling TS3? I don't know all the links for my patterns, but I  would absolutely upload the folder for you! And, I used the same Nvidia settings for TS3 that you gave me for TS4, with the exception of turning V-sync ON, which limits how many frames per second the game renders, and cuts down on lag. In the settings for TS4 that is turned off. And, you already know how to use reshade, I use that too to help sharpen things a little more.

Chica - You know I never even paid any attention to that barn wall set, not ever! To me, it was a barn wall ... I would absolutely never have used it if I had CC in my game. But removing my CC made me think outside the box and be more creative with my designs and come up with other ways of achieving the look I wanted. It's really been a learning experience for me! I now know that I don't have to download every single sofa, bed, table, chair, etc that is similar in style, now I know that the right textures can transform it into what I want.

I started slowly downloading things yesterday (but of course I got side tracked, as always!) and downloaded more than what I was searching for .... which was kitchen clutter! But, I did not install it all. I changed everything to packages, copied them into my Downloads folder, went to CC Magic and created a set then created a collection. Fired up the game, made sure my collection showed up and everything was in it. Then went back to CC Magic and looked at everything after the thumbnails were generated by the game so I could actually "see" what the stuff was and deleted the few things I didn't want.

It is going to take me a while to re-download and organize it all into collections but once it's done, I'll be so thrilled! Before when I had nothing in collections, I could not find ANYTHING! For example, shelves or wall decor for the kitchen, you would think those would be categorized as either a shelf or wall decor ... nope, not so much! Most were in Miscellaneous Decor and it took FOR-EV-AH to go thru it all! And some of them the creator didn't make a collection file or I couldn't remember which set they came with, like the hanging utensils or the hanging rod with the potholders, those kinds of things so I couldn't even find it that way. Drove me nuts, because I KNEW I had them in my game, but couldn't find them! I'm not a patient person to begin with, so this got on my last nerve! LOL

There's a little boathouse I started remodeling in Roaring Heights before uninstalled, it was coming along nicely! You know that world is an "old" world, like 1930's or 1940's (not really sure when it's supposed to be set in) all the clothing and hairstyles are from that era, so I chose a pre-made sim from that world and created a story in my head of what she did and her design style. Well to me she was an aspiring singer, who loved that era and dressed in even tho it was current times, so she collected period pieces of furniture and mixed it with today's styles and it was looking good!

So I think I will remake that one next but definitely with CC! LOL ... I need my clutter for sure!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:21 am

lol, TJ!

Yes... I would consider it, but not for awhile because I'm working to get on a schedule with builds for download.

I love, love, love what you are doing and I really believe that the way you're doing it is the best way to tackle to sometimes iffy game issues with ts3.

...I had to sit back and think about how much time I actually have, especially as I devote most of my time to this site and ts4 in some form or fashion.

...I have a pile of books to read just waiting in my Kindle - that is how much time I've spent on building! :rofl301:

...the reason to clone myself and sync me up every night would be so that I could devote the different "me's" to all the things I want to indulge myself in <3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

Just wanted to drop by to say hi and missyou

Might as well give ya a big squeezy bighugs2 as well!

I am a sentimental dork giggle

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Ohhhh My Chica!!! :bigHugs: ymd

missyou2 Bunches and Bunches! And, I think of you everyday! I'm so very happy to hear from you! Hopefully life gets better real soon! Hang in there, Chica, nothing lasts forever!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 am

Chica I have missed you soooo much! bighugs2
While life is still unsettling, I am dealing with it, now that I am over the shock, my positivity is returning :girlie5:
There will be times that I may be away, but I will be back!

I am going to post a couple of Sims 3 pictures for you later on.....I made a HUGE discovery while I was away, all the years of playing with horrible graphics was due to a very small oversight facepalm

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:04 am

Ohhhh I'm tickled your' back and I can not WAIT to see your TS3 pics! I'm super excited! I just finished my first ever house in TS3 by copying a house plan. I'm pretty proud of it, I even did a little landscaping! *gasp* lmao

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:42 am

Chica I want to see your house......PLEASE ymd and landscape :wohoo:
I bet it all looks incredible!

Pictures please impatient

As for my Sims 3 pictures, it's not about the picture at all, it's about the quality! I took them just to show you, I am so happy I worked out what the 'teeny tiny' overlooked issue was claphands1

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Well don't keep me in suspsense! I wanna seeeeeee! I wanna seeeee! LOL

What was the issue? Maybe I overlooked it too!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:10 pm

Give me 5 minutes Chica :didnt:

DONE CHICA

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 am

:rofl301:

I'm so happy to see you around the forum, Lorry! :cutehug:

TJ - I think I saw a notification about your ts3 house - if so, I'm headed their FAST!!!

~~~
Added (way later)...

...I was IN your ts3 album! :rofl301:

Last edited by szanne7000 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'cause I didn't pay enough attention to the thread I was already in! LOL)

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:11 am

Thank you Suzanne bighugs2

It's nice to be doing something normal again!

I'm with you......can't wait to see this house SummerB2

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 am

It is so good to see everyone who has been busy with real life grouphug

EziosMinionSixx

PostEziosMinionSixx on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm

You are quite talented indeed gal!I build stuff and decorate but I never come close to all these wonderful creations.I'm gonna try and download mine sometime this week or weekend and let you ladies critique it to your hearts content!Happy Simming!!
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am

Well I'm pretty excited to share my first house! I've done a lot of modifying of EA houses and other people's awesome houses, but I've never built my own before! And, I even did a little landscaping! I know, don't faint! You know me and landscaping are not agreeable!

I'd love to take credit for the design, but unfortunately, I'm not that talented to come up with something in my head on my own. And since I'm a copy-cat, I recreated a house from a plan I found online!

I really liked the look of this house and thought it would be perfect near the water. It's a small 1-bedroom loft house.

I chose this beautiful lot because there's water access on 2 sides so there's a beach view from both the living room and the kitchen! How awesome is that!

RL SIMspiration Pic

Last edited by Chicklet45368 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 am

Chica I think most get there ideas from house plans found on the internet.....it's what you do with the plan that makes all the difference!

I can't wait to see YOUR house happygroup

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 am

I just noticed that bookcase near the bathroom door! That was NOT part of my design! LOL

But, Pearl, the chick who owns the house, kept stomping and complaining because she couldn't get to the books in the kitchen cabinet, because well, I didn't realize it WAS a bookcase when I cluttered it up with pantry items.

So to shut her up, I tossed out a "real" bookcase so she could read because evidently that's the only thing that would make her happy! LOL

And, she's a little obsessive too .... she did laundry last night, 2 loads I think, went to bed, and must have forgot to switch the loads, cause she jumped out of bed at 2am, ran downstairs, switched the load from the washer to the dryer, then trudged back upstairs and went back to bed! LOL

Then this evening before I took the pics, I look upstairs and she has clothes all over the bedroom floor and the bathroom floor so I made her clean her room so I could get nice pics, didn't want people to know that she's really slob! LOL

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:24 am

omg you made that house? Seriously, I am gob smacked! And the garden!
You are such a super star, you have so much talent for anything you put your mind to. I just knew your house would be unbelievably fabulous.

And the decor is freaking awesome, you make it look so easy and I know it isn't compared to Sims 4 omg and I even have a WCIF f

I really love the curtains next to the spa bath and the bedroom.....WCIF them prettyplease

You know you can't beat those views, the ocean is so beautiful

Now I want to go into Sims 3, lol so happy I reinstalled it.

:bravo:

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum