Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» so ready for seasons
Today at 3:22 pm by MysticTrance15

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 10:56 am by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 10:54 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:49 am by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 10:39 am by szanne7000

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 10:37 am by szanne7000

» Can someone help?
Today at 10:35 am by szanne7000

» Ivy's Finds updated 24 June 18
Today at 10:33 am by szanne7000

» KittyKookay's creations *Updated 23/06/2018
Today at 10:28 am by Lorry

» Question about updates w/multiple games
Today at 10:27 am by szanne7000

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Today at 9:40 am by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 9:39 am by szanne7000

» How long have you been playing the sims?
Today at 9:38 am by szanne7000

» Look weird...
Today at 7:16 am by Broomhilda

» Hey ya'll
Yesterday at 2:47 pm by tilly

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Chicklet's Album - Updated 2/21/18 - First TS3 House

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:04 am

TJ helped me via skype to load ReShade and to play around with the settings - it truly is amazing and easy...

...however, I wanted to understand what the different effects did, so I did some internet research and came across these:

ReShade Tutorial

and this:

ReShade Guide

They are both by the same author at PC Gaming Experience and the first one explains and shows the effects (from memory, it appears to be the ones included in the Reshade download). This is helpful, but I have a lot of reading to do, lol.

There is A LOT of information out there - we'll have to help each other :D <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:11 am

So, I learned something this weekend (besides the fact I totally suck at arranging kitchens almost as bad as landscaping! LOL)

But, no, that wasn't it!

Normally when I download a house I always look for an open floor plan, well I found a really nice house that is typical of what you'd find where I live and the nice thing was it was CC-free and it even had an open floor plan like I prefer!

Well what I learned was .... While I love this type of house for game play because there's not many walls to block seeing my sim, I did not really enjoy decorating it because there wasn't a lot of walls so that meant my color scheme needed to pretty much be the same thru-out the entire house (except the bedroom) so that it flowed good. So, yeah, I learned if I just want to decorate a house I need walls, so that I can actually use some of the CC I hoard and make each room have it's own look.

Anyway, I take no credit for this house (or the kitchen layout!) I just changed it up a little with different cabinets, counters, appliances, and removed some columns.

The house was built by Melcastro91, who is a genius at using only game content and still making her houses appear unique by how she combines things to create a totally different look.

You can see the house pics here to compare the original with my make-over   Melcastro91 - Redpeak TS4 CC-Free House

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:23 am

I love, love your home better TJ..it's beautiful partying

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

sunkal
VIP Member

Postsunkal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 am

I like that house TJ!!! Also I have your tastes, I like to use practically the same colors for the whole house and often the same floors everywhere !!! Really really like the living zone around the fireplace! rock

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:57 pm

Om my goodness, TJ, I am still picking up my jaw from the desk!!
You are so talented!! I am totally taken by the color scheme.... love every nook and cranny of this house.
You made the kitchen perfect, and it being in yellow is a fabulous contrast!!

Oh my dear: I have a LOT of wcif's for you!!
Pic1: Table by the window
Pic 2: Tub Chair
Pic 4: The dining chair
Pic 5: Basket with palm leaves
Pic 6: Tray with wood and leaves
Pic 7: Baskets against the wall and the console table
Pic 9: White chair in the bedroom.

Thank you my dear!
Mireluk

PostMireluk on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Wonderful decorating...you did a great job with it and love your version more. :girlie5:

Tahoe
VIP Member
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:05 pm

It's so funny that you have started an album. I love the floor in the kitchen / livingroom and have it in my game (TS2) but I wish I also had it in that shade because it's so nice. I love the yellow color in the kitchen and the mirror in the bedroom is so nice.

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:20 pm

your funny Anita.. giggle

valentine1f

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 am

Oh. My. WOW!!!

TJ!!! I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor...

...my tongue rolled right on out of my room!

This is such a gorgeous reno. Seriously, you have no issues with decorating, my friend - even with an open plan build.

I love what you did with the dining room, the formal living room, the kitchen, heck - with the entire series of images you've uploaded!

I looked at the original and I absolutely agree with Mimi - your style makes this build spectacular <3

That is such a gift - to be able to take something and make it so much more than it was.

Beaming, here <3 <3 <3

sunkal
VIP Member

Postsunkal on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 am

TJ where can i find this floor? Wonderful i have the wall with the same motif from Pralinesims, but I can not find the floor simply fantastic!

Gast

PostGast on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:35 am

omg Chicklet ,, I love everything about any room,  you are Indeed very talented ,, but that we no alraedy .. lol. super beautiful truly!!  bigghug
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Awww ty all so much for your wonderful compliments! I'm always afraid to show what I decorate because I just don't think that I have the flair like most of you do. I think I get frustrated with having to use the OMSP's, although I do love the ones by Ez2ciamaprincess, but they're bulky and irritate me sometimes.

And, it's hard for me to clutter things up too much, because I think about how I am in RL and I don't like clutter and furniture in every single empty nook and cranny, it makes me feel claustrophobic and I can't breath! LOL

Anita & Bea - when I get off work, I'll load the game and see where everything is from!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 pm

TJ what do you mean you don't have a flare for decorating omgosh girl..if only I had your talent for it.. :feeldaluv:

valentine1f

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:31 pm

I'd settle for half of your talent! Your rooms are so special they don't need a lot of clutter. Your eye is already drawn to such special touches, anymore would be overkill to the senses, you would then be responsible for our eyes popping out of our heads!!!! Now, you don't want that do you? LOL

Honestly, I am always in awe of how you can make something so simple, yet so incredibly beautiful.

P.S. I want everything that I don't already have, so when you figure that out, you can post a list for me, okay?

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:35 pm

OMG! I just went and viewed the original, and while it is an incredibly good house for playing, that you imagined such a total about-face on the color and decor, just Wow!

omg

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Oh Debbie that's funny :rofl301:

valentine1f

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:42 am

Awww, Debbie! That put a huge smile on my face! See, when I look at houses or rooms I decorate I don't think they're nearly as appealing as other awesome and talented people on here!

I always feel like I need more "stuff", it's not full and cluttered enough like most Sim decorators do. But, partly I think cause I get bored scrolling thru all my CC (I almost think I have too much and get overwhelmed! LOL) and since I'm not really sure in the beginning what look I'm going for, I can't search for anything since I don't know what to search for, so I scroll thru everything!

By the time I finally decide what style I'm going for, I'm now bored and just want it done, or I get frustrated cause I don't have one little something I want, and then the whole OMSP. I just wish we could freely raise and lower things, not in increments, and not have them snap to the stupid slots! That's what irritates me most. It's not easy and relaxing to decorate and clutter things up (well, not on odd height things that is) If you're decorating a counter or table it's easy to use the OMSP, but when you have, say a cabinet with lots of shelves at various heights, you have to fight with the slots. Drives me nuts! LOL

Anyway, enough of my rant ..... I have links!

Bea - I'm so sorry, I have no idea who that floor is by. It's in German and it looks like the german translation of the default EA floor saying (about how to use shift and blah blah blah to place it). And, my stuff is merged, so I can't even save the house and look at the tray files cause it's going to just point me to my Walls & Floors folder. It probably came with a house I downloaded.

Anita -I think I found all the links of the things you were looking for!

Table in Living Room (TS3 EA table I converted and modified) found HERE
Chair in Living Room - Awesim Conversion by Loree found HERE
Wood Planter - Anye Conversion and Recolor by MXIMS found HERE
Tray - ShinoKCR Pottery Barn Set found HERE
Palm Plant - Jomsims Alcada Bedroom Plant found HERE
Basket - Nanu Latia Basket Conversion by Cherry-Sims found HERE
Dining Chair - Helen-Sims Claw Kare Chair found HERE
Chair Bedroom - Meinkatz Bart Canape chair found HERE
Basket with Veggies - SIMcredible Hacienda Kitchen Add-Ons found HERE
Basket in Middle - SIMcredible Young Way Living Room set found  HERE
Basket with Plant - SIMcredible Breezy set found HERE
White Console table in Kitchen - Sim-Artist by Maman-Gateau found HERE

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:57 am

OMG Chica this is so amazing, I can't find the words to express myself......give me a paper bag to settle my breathing!

Wow you know I LOVE yellow, that kitchen is absolutely incredible!
Every single room is so perfect, I really am lost for words.....oh gosh you are so talented I could scream giggle (that would look pretty stupid though wouldn't it)

Chica amazing transformation, I can't say much more than that because I am so blown away :hypnos: rock

Oh I do have one WCIF

The big pot you have used for the palm by the fireplace PLEASE?

express

sunkal
VIP Member

Postsunkal on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:24 am

No problem TJ , thank you the same!! :bigHugs:

IvyRose
Resident Artist

PostIvyRose on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:29 pm

I have found this quite inspiring I'm checking out he lighting thing as I think the visual change is very dramatic and the house you've made over is spectacular. Your design and style is so artistic I love looking at what you do.

tumblr_inline_oz33rn7qCU1qkgiz5_1280
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank you for the links TJ. You gave me a few great presents to start my new year! :amour2:
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Nikki - TYSM for your lovely words! I'm happy you like my make-over! And if you need help with Reshade, just ask, and I'll help as much as I can. I'm still new to it too and making tweaks on my own game. I have learned something tho, that it almost seems like what adjustments you use for one world doesn't always work for a different world. So, I always forget and then go to a new world and I'm like "why's the lighting not look like it did", then I make adjustments and go back to the previous world or another world and again it looks different. So I'm going to make pre-sets for each world.

Chica - Your comment made me laugh! It was over the top! LOL I'm not really that good! Seriously! Not like YOU are! But, I thank you tho for being so enthusiastic with your praise! And, when I load the game later, I'll find out where that vase came from!

Anita - I'm so happy to help you find more beautiful CC! I can't wait to see how you use it!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:25 am

TJ - if you think the floor is in your walls & floors folder you could create a new game load and just put in your unmerged walls & floors folder.

...then load your house and you should be able to determine the creator/site.

...that is, if you have time with your lengthy To Do list! giggle :summerB7:

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:32 am

Suzanne! You're a genius! That did not even dawn on me to do! Ok, I'll do that now and see if I can find it (I hope it is in my walls and floors and is not some weird named file that I didn't know what it was or who it was by and plunked it in my "OBJECTS" folder .... which is where I put stuff that I can't figure out who the creator is).

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 am

It took me a couple of hours to find the floors in my Autumn Perch home, lol...

...fortunately, once I found the floor file, I was able to locate fairly quickly online :D

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum