Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest is now open! Come and join in!   The January hunt starts on the 14th! Dont miss it!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?
TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

TS4: A touch of gold wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Windyridge house by Mireluk

TS4: Pink loft by Velvetkiss

TS4: Sovereign wallpaper by Tatschu

TS4: Linen wall set by Velvetkiss

TS4: Floral wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Westover Avenue by Mireluk

TS3: Window and door deco by Poppy100

TS4: Jenba apartments by Lorry

TS4:Terri flower collection by Anidup

TS4: Fant house by Ivyrose

TS4: Prada lightbox by Ivyrose

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Kitchen tray by Poppy100

TS4: Carnegie wall set by Velvertkiss

Chicklet's Album - (Updated 1/11/18 with TS3 Stalker Pic)

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Well I'm sad to say it was NOT in my Walls & Floors unmerged folder. So that means it's probably in my unsorted/unknown folder of things that I don't know the creator I'll try that unmerged folder tonight.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Well...

...at least you know where it isn't! inlove34

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm still on the hunt for that floor! It was NOT in my folder of unknown creators when I searched thru my un-merged folder, so I have no idea where it is. It must be in a creator folder. I'll try again with using the tray exporter to locate the exact merged file as a starting point.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:56 pm

So I've been debating back and forth which game to use to do the I-Create challenge and I fired up TS3 today curious to see if I could use reshade with it.

And, I'm happy to say that it worked perfectly!

I took an EA default game Pic and one with Reshade after I made a pre-set of how I wanted my game to look to show any of you TS3 players (or anybody else who's curious too!).

EA DEFAULT

Re-Shade with my PreSet Adjustments

I like it! I like how crisp everything appears to be now!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:51 am

Oh, very nice, TJ!

I'm still playing with the effects...

I know I like sharpness and clarity and no interior blue... I'm getting closer! :D

Thank you, again, for letting me know how easy it is to use the latest ReShade <3

poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 am

ohh ohno .. i like it very much Chicklet ..
                          zsanne had gave me a link .. mabey I can do this too.. I hope so!.  summerB6
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:35 pm

It is indeed very crisp, TJ. I like it a lot!
And it is great to read that you got to playing the game a little, and it makes me so happy to read that you enjoyed hours of blissful playing!
It is true that sims 3 has so much to offer. I am constantly debating playing it again as well.
Only problem is I cannot create a single thing for the sims 3 game.

TJ, Suzanne and Poppy, I adore your avatars!!

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 am

Poppy and Suzanne - I love your new looks! They are soooo fabulous!

Anita - Sadly, I can't make anything for TS3 either. (Which is frustrating as a creator, because I'm always wanting to make some little something, even if it's just a painting or wall to fit into my room or simple little meshes). Maybe I'll learn try and learn this year for personal use. I do love S4S for creating tho because it's so user friendly, but I don't always like how the items look in the game sometimes due to the stupid lighting and shadows they used with that game. But, I enjoy the gameplay sooooo much more in TS3 than TS4, I just feel like your sims have so much more personality in TS3 and the objects creators made are so much more unique and interesting compared to TS4.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:07 am

I love our new looks - Anneke, did you find something for Anita? I bet you will find wonderful images to use for Avatars for her just like you did for us :D

TJ - I'm loving ReShade...

...especially as I figured out how to get pictures how, when, and where I want them.

...I will just need to put a sim on the lot to rid myself of the UI, lol!

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 am

Suzanne - I'm tickled pink that you love it! I do toooo! I can't imagine playing either game without now! Yes, I need to set up where I want my screenshots to go too, right now they are going into the default game bin folder and that's a pain to keep having to open up! LOL

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:03 am

You can give it any path setting you want - on the settings page AND you can change the keyboard shortcut from prntscrn to something else.

I changed my path to the game screenshot path and the print shortcut key to c --- this allows it to take two pictures at the same time (regular and ReShade) and they both go in the screenshots folder. The ReShade file gets a TS4 in front of the file name :D

~~~this means you get the same pic both ways at the same time with only one click! lol :D

You did create a toggle to turn ReShade off and on in game?

I saw a video (about all of this and took the good and left the bad) and changed mine to Ctrl + Home :D

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Suzanne - Wow! No, I didn't know how to "turn it off", I just made a default preset that I switch to if I want to take a before/after screenshot, but what you did is a great idea tho! I'll hafta do that!

Ummmm, my girl has an EA stalker I think! I am building my Dwelling Space challenge in TS3 and I created a girl that I actually play with but also so that I can go to Edit World to build the coffee shop.

Well, I popped back onto the lot where she was (which is just a little tiny piece of beach land, no house or anything) .... she's just been hanging out there complaining about the routing being messed up, splashing in the water, fishing, and being ate up by bugs (if her scratching her leg is any indication! LOL) while I've been building on a community lot.

So, when I enter her lot again, she's in the water playing on her phone, and I look across the water and there's someone there watching her! (on a little tiny island out in the middle of the water!), there's no houses or lots near her! I have no clue what they were doing or who they were! When I tried to hover over them, I didn't have a name pop up.

I took a screenshot! It's really hard to see since I had shrink the pic size to fit the forum, but I enlarged just the stalker sim so you could see him better!

Does anybody ever remember this happening in TS3?

I was LOL'ing and OMG'ing when I saw it! lmao

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 am

Eeewwww that's creepy Chica! I think she needs to fire up the karate skill, just in case giggle

I love your Sims 3 pictures, they look fantastic. I never like the graphics in that game.

I do have a question for you

Do you have to alter the setting on your graphics card when you go from Sims 4 to Sims 3?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 am

I know right, Chica! I never played it enough to know if that was normal or not, and the thing of it is, he's not dressed for the beach, as in no swim trunks. If he had been, then I would assume he jet-skiied over or something, he's got pants and a T-Shirt on, and looks like a utility belt! Maybe he's installing cable on the island! LOL

And to answer your question about the graphics card, I don't do anything with it. But, after Suzanne gave me settings to use on my graphics card for TS4, I changed them also for TS3, the same settings and I think it helped quite a bit. But, reshade helps a LOT! And, you know TS3 is a little dull and a lot less colorful than TS4, but with reshade you can adjust that if you like your game to be more "happy" LOL, I just prefer it to not look so vibrant and colorful as it does in TS4, that is one of the things I dislike about it.

So right now, I'm really enjoying the variety of CC that is not available for TS4. I'm loving all the working objects, like boating, and surfing, the trampoline, the amusement parks. The actual gameplay keeps my interest a lot more.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 am

Chica thank you for responding so quickly to my question, you really have given me hope regarding Sims 3.
I really miss the game play in Sims 3, I loved attaining all the skills and especially living right on the edge of the beach, not to mention, building is so much better and I love that I can recolour!  I really enjoyed traveling to China and playing in karate tournaments and buying recipes so my Sim could cook fried rice giggle

Too much reminiscing.....I need that TECH GURU'S help. computersmi

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 am

LOL Chica! Funny you should mention fried rice! I had that for lunch today! Yummo!

And, OMG! I could not even imagine the gorgeously fantastic houses you could build in TS3 near the water! I'd be your biggest fan (more so than I am now, even! LOL) I'd become your stalker!

Ohhhh the recoloring, I love that sooooo much! Now don't get me wrong, there are a few things that I miss about TS4 when I'm in the game decorating a house (the ability to freely raise and lower objects, move wall items left and right, and the search function) but, I am ok with it, I just don't add as much clutter on shelves and stuff and the shiftable OMSP helps alot too. And the fact that I don't have to have a totally matching kitchen now since I can recolor it to match! So yayy! I may get that i-Create kitchen done now! LOL

Definately ask Suzanne what settings to change your video card to, you'll see it makes a world of difference! I swear!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 am

LMAO Chica I love fried rice! Hubby is due home next week and he said on the phone last night.......'we are going straight from the airport to get our favourite Chinese takeaway!' We have done this the last couple of times he has come home, but apparently, it's now a 'THING' giggle
Just have to battle the school kids and try to find a parking spot Drama

Yes I will definitely speak to Suzanne!
I just love those pics you posted, they look soooo good :wohoo:

I have a ton of houses, but uploading is so much easier for Sims 4.......I have no idea how to include all the content for Sims 3, because back then, a lot of sets were pay, and this was before TSR went free.

Mimi would know aha

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 am

Firstly Chica, I have a similar floor to your picture, and I did send a link to Bea

Herringbone Floor

Now for the bad news.....I got out my Sims 3 disk to install the game, and for some reason, it's not working pull hair out The drive is  not reading the disk

The last time I used the disk drive, it worked straight away.....not sure if it's the drive or disk

Problem Averted!

My Sims game was saved to Origin, I didn't need the disk coolsmiles

Last edited by Lorry on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

poppy100
Resident Artist
Total Awards : 2

Postpoppy100 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am

oo Chicklet I have never  seen this bevore ... how can this be a Sim so far away  dontgetit  but funny  giggle

somtimes google translate it not how i speld it ..  shame

Last edited by poppy100 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Chica! You got your TS3 to work? WoooHOOOooo! I'm sooo happy for you! I can't wait to see some pics!

I actually talked to Suzanne last night to get those video card settings cause for some reason my Nvidia control panel was missing and there was something I wanted to try because I read that it really helped with the lag. Anyway, she has posted a thread with a pic of what settings to change in your graphics card. You can see what to change here Tweaking Nvidia Graphics For Sharper Pics

And, I found a few things that really helped my game with any lag.

1. If you have extra RAM on your PC, allot more memory to TS3 via the config notecard. You can read how here Alotting More Memory To TS3

2. In your Nvidia settings turn Vsync ON .... what this does is limits the FPS (frames per second) the game uses, it cut down a LOT of lag when building or in CASt. TS3 does not have a limit on how much it renders per second and this causes lag too. So by setting a limit, the game will only use up to that amount per second. Turning this on does not cause any visual effect to your game that you would notice (as in blurry textures or anything like that). I think that helped the most with the lag! You can just click this on in your Nvidia Control panel.

3. If you don't mind Mods, NRAAS Overwatch is Amazing! What it does is continuously scans for errors and removes stuck cars, unroutable sims, cleanses the dead, and other things that cause the game to lag out while you're playing. (It only seems to work in Live mod tho, so if you're building and you're starting to notice some lag, just switch back to Live mode and wait a few seconds for it to scan and run and get rid of the gunk clogging the game up, and then when you go back to build it will be all nice and smooth running again!) You can read about it here NRAAS - Overwatch I do believe you need to have the NRAAS Master Controller installed too for this to work.

My load times are fantastic now too, actually much faster than TS4 even! It didn't used to be until I made these tweaks. When I played TS3 years ago, it used to take probably 20 minutes to get to a lot. And, I thought I only had about 8GB of CC in my game, but I totally forgot about the CCache files. Well that's over 15GB plus my 8GB of merged CC. So I have about 22GB (this includes all the store items and GPs, SPs, and EPs). I timed my load times last week and my game takes 1 minute to load to the neighborhood screen from the time I click play, and then about another minute to load my lot (I also turned off the interactive game which sped up the loading of the lot by almost half the time!)

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 am

I didn't realise how involved installing the Sims 3 was going to be. I still have to finish redeeming my codes for Origin, going through a ton of CC and installing it. Plus, yesterday, I did a tiny bit of shopping.......OK it was a HUGE amount of shopping shame
The thing is, I was trying to find all the stuff I love in Sims 4 so I can have it in Sims 3 facepalm

I am worried that if I tweak my graphics card, my Sims 4 game wont look the same.
I did find the Nvidia control panel!

I did have Master Controller in TS3, not sure if I had Overwatch though.

I can't remember the size of my in game downloads, but I think it took about 5-10 minutes to load. I didn't actually have lag in my game, only if a Sim was stuck somewhere.....but now I would install overwatch.

I used to play a 'fixed Isla Paradiso with no lag' that someone had shared, and it was awesome, far better than trying to fix everything induvidually. I really can't understand why EA never fixed Isla Paradiso or for that matter, released it with sooo many glitches.

None of my games are merged, I learnt a huge lesson with your Lake House. I guess because I upload houses for the forum, merged content will not show up!

All the information you have posted here is fantastic, and I'm sure I will be referring to it again.
Thank you so much my lovely Chica bighugs2

Oh and in case you miss my post....Sims 4 Studio has released a new version HERE

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:51 am

Chica Chica Chica! LOL Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho Off To shopping you go!

You don't have to worry about TS4 not looking the same, you're not changing the "Global Settings" which would effect how EVERYTHING looked, you actually are assigning it to certain programs, in this case TS3, and it will ONLY effect that program with those assigned settings.

Now one thing I will mention tho, if you do end up using reshade, in the game options put your sim detail on LOW, otherwise what happens is they too will become "sharpened" and not look nearly as pretty!

But, you may find that once you sharpen things with your Nvidia settings that you don't need to use reshade at all.

I'm excited to see what you do!!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 am

Ohhh Chica I was holding my breath!
I am very pleased to know this, just scared that I might stuff up.
My graphics card is way too hign for Sims 3.....or so it keeps telling me!
Could you pop over to my house and do it for me....I'll get you a couple of beers giggle

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:43 am

Did you say beers? WoooHOOOOooo! On my way! flyer

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:05 am

Shudder on that stalker!!!

TJ, you are going to be my go to for ts3 tech issues!

Lorry - you're going to like ts3 with the adjustments <3

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum