Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest is now open! Come and join in!   The January hunt starts on the 14th! Dont miss it!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?
TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

TS4: A touch of gold wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Windyridge house by Mireluk

TS4: Pink loft by Velvetkiss

TS4: Sovereign wallpaper by Tatschu

TS4: Linen wall set by Velvetkiss

TS4: Floral wallpaper by TaTschu

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Westover Avenue by Mireluk

TS3: Window and door deco by Poppy100

TS4: Jenba apartments by Lorry

TS4:Terri flower collection by Anidup

TS4: Fant house by Ivyrose

TS4: Prada lightbox by Ivyrose

TS3: Paintings by Poppy100

TS3: Kitchen tray by Poppy100

TS4: Carnegie wall set by Velvertkiss

Chicklet's Album - (Updated 1/11/18 with TS3 Stalker Pic)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

LOL Suzanne! I don't know much about TS3 really, just what I've learned in the last week or so. And, like today, I've had some lag while decorating so who knows what's causing that! No lag with gameplay, just out of the blue. I am in a different world than I was, so I wonder if it's just buggy. I need to look into that. I'll probably do like Lorry did and install the "fixed" world overrides.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 am

Suzanne I am excited to see the adjustments!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:37 am

Have you made the graphic card changes, yet, Lorry?

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Aaahhhhhhhh

NO hmmm but I need to stop being scared and just do it!

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 am

Chica! Just try it! You can't mess it up, I promise! Because on your Nvidia control panel at the top is a "RESTORE" and it will set it all back to the default settings!

There's 2 tabs when you go to Manage 3D programs

- One is for Global settings (which effects everything you see for any program)
 - One is for Program Settings (That's the tab you want to click)

You click the Program Settings tab and then you'll see "Select a program to customize" then just browse to your TS3.exe file and change the settings like she has in the pic .... all the settings you change will ONLY be for the program you selected (which is the TS3.exe)

If you want to try it for TS4, you'd do the same thing and browse for your TS4.exe and make changes to it

Now for me, she had some settings that I didn't have because she has a better graphics card, so if her example pic has anything you don't have, just skip it, it will still look great!

I just wanna hug you and hold your hand thru the whole process!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:24 am

Ok I have gotten up to select a program.....and all I can find is Sims 3 (Sims 3 Launcher exe). There's no TS3 exe, just the launcher

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 am

I am getting there! I'm doing :wohoo:

Except I just dropped my toast with marmalade, on the keyboard....have to clean it up grrrrr

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 am

LOL Chica! Snack for later!

Woot! Yes, I think it DOES just say TS3! Sorry for confusing you, I think it's Reshade you have a choice of TS3 or TS3W

I'm excited to see if you notice a difference!

One more thing, I did have to turn my lights down or the counters would be so blinding white they were almost glowing, I also dimmed those lights ingame as well.

I'm challenging myself, I am in the process of doing a complete reinstall now for a clean game. I wanna try to build and decorate using only EA items (from all the packs and store content, just to see if I can do it!) .... well, I'm still gonna add all my patterns, I was just meaning no actual CC. But, I may have to go snag a few pillows for the bed and chairs and a couple blankets, cause I hate the plain EA beds, everything else I can deal with!

But, this will be a fun challenge! I think I'll do the kitchen challenge this way, with no CC besides patterns and see how it turns out!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry Yesterday at 8:39 am

Chica firstly, reagarding the lag.....have you been deleting the cache packages in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3?

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

I have always deleted these files as soon as I leave the game, although you don't need to do this every single time, it's just become habit for me. I can't say I've really experienced lag in Sims, apart from in game play when a Sim was stuck.

QUESTION.......

Can you tell me what you have your in game video card settings on please?

I haven't really gotten that far with my installation of TS3.
Things have changed slightly since we now have to go through Origin. So I am constantly looking for answers on Google.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 Yesterday at 1:39 pm

Morning Chica! Right now I have everything on high except for the lighting I have that on medium and sims on low because reshade makes them too "crisp" and they look like their bones are jutting out in not pretty places on their face! LOL

But, I go back and forth, if I'm seeming to have more lag when I'm building, I'll drop things down to medium.

I also have Edge Smooth on high. I'll look later on today for exact settings.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry Yesterday at 1:49 pm

Good morning Chica bighugs2

Well I have just posted one picture in my game, that I would appreciate your feedback on please!
Honestly, my eyes are now blurry, I really don't know if the quality is good or bad.

Suzanne helped me tweak my graphics card and I was pleased with the result, now I am just trying to get it right in options.
Hubby's home tomorrow, I'll look forward to getting out of the house and away from my pc for a bit giggle
I'm exhausted!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 Today at 6:36 am

When your eyes are rested and you have enjoyed some time with your hubbie, let us know how it looks with those fresh eyes, Lorry :D

TJ - how is it going with keeping ts3 cc down to a few pillows, etc.?

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 Today at 2:01 pm

Chica - That's wonderful! I'm so glad that Suzanne helped with your graphics card! I posted in your album, but I'll post here too

Your screenhot looks Unbelievale! It looks FANTASTIC to my eye! I had to look twice to make sure it was not a "real" pic!

Suzanne - While I've limited my CC for a personal challenge to myself, I still installed about 1100 patterns! Those I just can't live without! So, currently in my game is every SP, EP, and GP, and all store content. I also have about 5 or 6 double bed blankets in different shapes, a few different bed pillows, some throw pillows for the living room, 3 re-colorabe rugs, and 3 re-colorable paintings. I also have some default replacements of things that did not shift on the walls and of course a bunch of OMSPs!

I just started last night remodeling an EA house and it's turning out very nice actually! I just have to watch some tutorials on how to make gurved pools, mine look retarded! LOL

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum