Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Chicklet's Album - Updated 2/21/18 - First TS3 House

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 am

LOL Suzanne! I don't know much about TS3 really, just what I've learned in the last week or so. And, like today, I've had some lag while decorating so who knows what's causing that! No lag with gameplay, just out of the blue. I am in a different world than I was, so I wonder if it's just buggy. I need to look into that. I'll probably do like Lorry did and install the "fixed" world overrides.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 am

Suzanne I am excited to see the adjustments!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:37 am

Have you made the graphic card changes, yet, Lorry?

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Aaahhhhhhhh

NO hmmm but I need to stop being scared and just do it!

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 am

Chica! Just try it! You can't mess it up, I promise! Because on your Nvidia control panel at the top is a "RESTORE" and it will set it all back to the default settings!

There's 2 tabs when you go to Manage 3D programs

- One is for Global settings (which effects everything you see for any program)
 - One is for Program Settings (That's the tab you want to click)

You click the Program Settings tab and then you'll see "Select a program to customize" then just browse to your TS3.exe file and change the settings like she has in the pic .... all the settings you change will ONLY be for the program you selected (which is the TS3.exe)

If you want to try it for TS4, you'd do the same thing and browse for your TS4.exe and make changes to it

Now for me, she had some settings that I didn't have because she has a better graphics card, so if her example pic has anything you don't have, just skip it, it will still look great!

I just wanna hug you and hold your hand thru the whole process!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:24 am

Ok I have gotten up to select a program.....and all I can find is Sims 3 (Sims 3 Launcher exe). There's no TS3 exe, just the launcher

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 am

I am getting there! I'm doing :wohoo:

Except I just dropped my toast with marmalade, on the keyboard....have to clean it up grrrrr

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 am

LOL Chica! Snack for later!

Woot! Yes, I think it DOES just say TS3! Sorry for confusing you, I think it's Reshade you have a choice of TS3 or TS3W

I'm excited to see if you notice a difference!

One more thing, I did have to turn my lights down or the counters would be so blinding white they were almost glowing, I also dimmed those lights ingame as well.

I'm challenging myself, I am in the process of doing a complete reinstall now for a clean game. I wanna try to build and decorate using only EA items (from all the packs and store content, just to see if I can do it!) .... well, I'm still gonna add all my patterns, I was just meaning no actual CC. But, I may have to go snag a few pillows for the bed and chairs and a couple blankets, cause I hate the plain EA beds, everything else I can deal with!

But, this will be a fun challenge! I think I'll do the kitchen challenge this way, with no CC besides patterns and see how it turns out!

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:39 am

Chica firstly, reagarding the lag.....have you been deleting the cache packages in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3?

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package

I have always deleted these files as soon as I leave the game, although you don't need to do this every single time, it's just become habit for me. I can't say I've really experienced lag in Sims, apart from in game play when a Sim was stuck.

QUESTION.......

Can you tell me what you have your in game video card settings on please?

I haven't really gotten that far with my installation of TS3.
Things have changed slightly since we now have to go through Origin. So I am constantly looking for answers on Google.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:39 pm

Morning Chica! Right now I have everything on high except for the lighting I have that on medium and sims on low because reshade makes them too "crisp" and they look like their bones are jutting out in not pretty places on their face! LOL

But, I go back and forth, if I'm seeming to have more lag when I'm building, I'll drop things down to medium.

I also have Edge Smooth on high. I'll look later on today for exact settings.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Good morning Chica bighugs2

Well I have just posted one picture in my game, that I would appreciate your feedback on please!
Honestly, my eyes are now blurry, I really don't know if the quality is good or bad.

Suzanne helped me tweak my graphics card and I was pleased with the result, now I am just trying to get it right in options.
Hubby's home tomorrow, I'll look forward to getting out of the house and away from my pc for a bit giggle
I'm exhausted!

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 am

When your eyes are rested and you have enjoyed some time with your hubbie, let us know how it looks with those fresh eyes, Lorry :D

TJ - how is it going with keeping ts3 cc down to a few pillows, etc.?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Chica - That's wonderful! I'm so glad that Suzanne helped with your graphics card! I posted in your album, but I'll post here too

Your screenhot looks Unbelievale! It looks FANTASTIC to my eye! I had to look twice to make sure it was not a "real" pic!

Suzanne - While I've limited my CC for a personal challenge to myself, I still installed about 1100 patterns! Those I just can't live without! So, currently in my game is every SP, EP, and GP, and all store content. I also have about 5 or 6 double bed blankets in different shapes, a few different bed pillows, some throw pillows for the living room, 3 re-colorabe rugs, and 3 re-colorable paintings. I also have some default replacements of things that did not shift on the walls and of course a bunch of OMSPs!

I just started last night remodeling an EA house and it's turning out very nice actually! I just have to watch some tutorials on how to make gurved pools, mine look retarded! LOL

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Chica between you and Suzanne, I am so thankful for all your help, you are both the best! bighugs2

Now what I have noticed about Sims 3 is that, trying to get the graphics right is a task I may not accomplish without the aid of something like photoshop hmmm
Taking close pictures are great, but as soon as I zoom out, I see jagged edges.  

BUT, right now I am really happy with doing close up pics!
I should ask Mimi, her pictures are always fantastic.

Another QUESTION

Before you go into your game, do you un tick some EPs?
And if you do, does this not show the content for that EP?

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:19 am

Chica! I'm so happy you're happy with the way TS3 looks now! I know you've always stated how you hated the graphics in it, so to hear you say it looks good, is awesome!

And, how far away are you talking you're zooming out? That may not be able to be fixed with your graphics settings. One thing for sure to check, if you haven't already, is in game make sure edge-smoothing is ON HIGH, that smoothes the edges and makes them not be so jagged. Also in Nvidia I actually changed mine to be on and override the application settings. I don't notice jagged edges.

If it's a significant amount of zooming out, say to capture the entire house, then that's probably just EA. What they have done is make a less detailed (crappy) mesh as the Medium LOD, because I guess they figure if you're that far away you aren't caring about the details of things.

In TS4 there are actually 3 LODs, one for close up (and if you have your game settings on high, will always show that LOD), one for medium when you zoom away further, less detail, more jagged edges, and then Low LOD, which is what laptop mode uses, it's for all low-end users to be able to play the game and also for when you zoom far away.

I'm not sure if TS3 uses 3 LODs but, I know for sure they use 2.

And to answer your question ..... Arrrrghhh, Matey! I'm a pirate, I don't use origin to load my game. It's on my desktop, but I would imagine if you unchecked it, those objects just wouldn't show up.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 am

:rofl301: I forgot you sail the high seas Matey!

I had no choice but to go with Origin, because I couldn't use my disks and I had to redeem all my codes. It really does annoy me that I can only play the Sims via the internet now.

OK the 'zooming out' could be extreme giggle , but at the end of the day, I am much happier with the graphics.
I do have smooth edging on, I will check the setting though. I didn't know I could change this in NVidea as well......very sneaky sneaky

As for LOD, close up is great now! I guess, I just would love the same graphics as in TS4, so amazing

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:54 am

Lorry - you can go offline with your Origin and *not* be connected to the internet while you are playing...

...the internet connection allows you to be notified of updates (not an issue with ts3 anymore) and access the Gallery.

...If you don't need to go to the Gallery, just play in offline mode <3

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm

I do play offline....but I need the internet to install my games, that's what I don't like.
Remember when Sims 3 was first released? Then EA changed it and Simmers became really angry that they needed the internet to install ongoing EPs and SPs

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm

lol... you mean to tell me that you *haven't* installed everything for ts3, yet?

omgtext

:buddy:

:feeldaluv:

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:51 am

As some of you may know, I started replaying TS3 a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying it so much! But, I had so much CC, literally, that I was overwhelmed with everything I had and couldn't find what I wanted.

I decided to uninstall and re-install everything and to start fresh with an all new downloads folder and to keep my CC to a reasonable amount (instead of having 15 coffee makers and 20 different kitchens, 30 different different bedroom sets, and not to mention all the deco CC I had from houses I had downloaded! Way too much and a lot I'll never use!).

Currently I have all GPs, SPs, EPs, and all EA Store content installed. After installing it all, I was in the game making sure it all worked correctly and I was really amazed at some of the nice objects EA had made! (Unlike TS4, which I will forever complain about the look of that game's stuff .... to me, seriously, it reminds me of pre-school legos! You know how you buy big, giant legos for small kids and babies so they can't swallow it instead of normal, intricate legos? Or when you have little girls you get them their first doll house and all the pieces are huge and chunky and bulky, heaven forbid they have anything with sharp edges and any sort of style or shape, but you can tell what they're supposed to be, but they are no where near as nice and detailed as barbie furniture is! That's what I always think of, it's like toy furniture, it does not look realistic at all! I have 3 girls in RL, I remember what fake wood on their barbie doll houses and kitchen sets looked like ... THATS what TS4 EA objects remind me of! LOL)

Anyway, so I was in TS3 without any CC and I decided to challenge myself to decorate a house (that I'd actually play) without any CC!

Well, there were a few things I could not live without so I did have to add a few pieces of CC to keep me sane! I downloaded 3 recolorable pictures in different sizes, a recolorable rug, and 5 or 6 bed blankets in different shapes, a few bed pillows and some throw pillows. And, a lot of patterns!

So here's my CC free, EA objects only house! This is Darren Dreamer's house in Lucky Palms I think it is, which I have never even been to that world before, and although I like the houses I don't really care for all the desert sky and boulders. But, I liked his house layout ...... it just needed a little makeover!

I decided he would like a rustic modern home and I'm super duper happy with how it turned out!

I forgot to take pics of the before .... the only things I changed was the exterior textures, roof shape, windows, doors, and I added the backyard pool area, it was tiled before with no pool or anything, just a big huge square.

Darren is a writer and very artistic, besides writing he loves to paint and make obscure artwork with pieces of scraps he's found. He created a gallery wall going down the hallway to showcase his artwork.

Let's take a tour!

***NOW there are 2 pieces of CC in these pics ... the bed blanket & pillows, of course all the patterns too! But, everything else is by EA either in a SP, EP, GP or Store Content.

A few things I learned tho, it's really hard to clutter up a house in TS3 without CC. There is not a lot of clutter items (well, not manly clutter items that is ... it might be easier if you were decorating for a chick ... we'll see, that's my next challenge for myself!)

And the paintings are fugly with a captial U.G.L.Y.!! Not a single one of them is very good!  LOL

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:25 am

Oh TJ..I love, love this house..and you did a fantastic job on decorating it.. :bravo: f
There are several items I would love to have for Sims2..lol..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 am

wow that house is beautiful, I love the color choices. I have always been a fan of neutral colors and natural wood, eventually I need to step outside my comfort zone and try a brighter pallet.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:07 am

Chica I really love your makeover! Your pictures look fantastic as well, I really think you have your settings just perfect. And you are so right, the CC for Sims 3 is so much better, but you can only go so far with EA content...right?

I totally understand why you are starting from scratch, that's why it's taking me so long. I don't want a whole pile of kitchen benches that I will never use or for that matter, 15 coffeemakers giggle

When you said you had 1000 patterns, I thought OMG, that's so much!
My in game downloads folder is at 518 files so far, that includes all my patterns, most of my build items and some CC. I still haven't finished installing EPs and SPs yet, but if I rush, I will start putting anything in the game.

And as always, I have a question

In the third last picture, is that a fence behind the loungers and umbrella?

sunkal
VIP Member

Postsunkal on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 am

Wow !!! love this house , the pool area is fantastic :)!!! Really really like the bedroom and the bathroom !! rock

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Thanks girls! It thrills me to hear you like my makeover too! I was totally amazed at what just patterns can do to totally transform the look of something. I have never, ever decorated in any game without the use of CC and I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it because I'm a visual person when I play the game. I want my surroundings to be attractive when I'm playing. With TS4 I could absolutely never do that (that's why I have almost 20GB of CC for that game and it takes it about 25 minutes to load, and I'm too impatient for that! LOL)

Sam - I know! Aren't some of the objects just fabulous! The shape of them? EA really took time and effort when they made stuff for TS3. And, not only that there are so many things that are "functional"! Not just deco stuff, they have animations, so even if I converted it to TS4 they would be just deco objects.

Mystic - I too am a big neutral decor person! I love natural textures. I think it's because I prefer to decorate in neutrals in RL because it's easier to change the look of a room with throw pillows, wall art, and decor objects without a big expense. In the sims I always say I'm going to venture into more color, but I still stray to the same neutral pallet over and over! I keep trying tho!

Bea - The pool is probably one of my favorite areas too! I am totally new to building in TS3 and I had to watch a video of even how to make a curved pool because my attempt on my own was a big FAIL! LOL

Chica - I'm so happy you like the way the pics look! :bigHugs: I'm really happy with them. My whites are white, the lights work wonderful and don't cause glare.

And, Oh My Goodness! I have to get some CC for sure tho! While I can pretty much make EA furniture look good for the most part, the deco objects is what kills me with not having any, and the paintings!

But, I'm going to take it slow this time tho ... rather than D/L everything I see (which is what I normally do because I'm so excited about it because it's different than what is available in TS4)

I'm going to only download certain pieces at a time, (for example kitchen deco and just kitchen deco to clutter things up) load them in my game and make a collection, then pull them out and keep doing that, then maybe curtains, and so on, then when I'm happy with what I have .... put it all back in. What happens with me, is going thru the Deco folder and trying to sort CC into collections is so overwhelming when you have to scroll thru 100's and 100's of things. Then I get frustrated and stop! So, if I take my time I think it will be better.

One of my most favorite things of all, believe it or not, is this wall! Taking this wall and changing the texture on it totally gives the wall a new look and it gives the illusion of it being recessed, I will probably use it in every single build or make-over I do!

Barn Wall

To this fabulous Wood feature wall

And to answer your question my Chica .... Yes that is just a fence. I think it's a base game fence, called the Bumper Crop Redwood Fence. Here's what it looks like originally compared to my retexture

Again, a totally different transformation from this basic nondescript, traditional privacy fence into a wonderfully modern fence just by the use of textures!

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum