Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» so ready for seasons
Today at 3:22 pm by MysticTrance15

» What's It Like Where You Live?
Today at 10:56 am by szanne7000

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Today at 10:54 am by szanne7000

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 10:49 am by szanne7000

» Never Enough CC!!
Today at 10:39 am by szanne7000

» Autumn Siggies 2017
Today at 10:37 am by szanne7000

» Can someone help?
Today at 10:35 am by szanne7000

» Ivy's Finds updated 24 June 18
Today at 10:33 am by szanne7000

» KittyKookay's creations *Updated 23/06/2018
Today at 10:28 am by Lorry

» Question about updates w/multiple games
Today at 10:27 am by szanne7000

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Today at 9:40 am by szanne7000

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Today at 9:39 am by szanne7000

» How long have you been playing the sims?
Today at 9:38 am by szanne7000

» Look weird...
Today at 7:16 am by Broomhilda

» Hey ya'll
Yesterday at 2:47 pm by tilly

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm

That is what everyone is saying about TWD...I am just waiting on Season 8 to come on..oh I miss my cable..lol..
That Altered Carbon is on my list to watch as well..

I have to watch Netflix on my computer so that means I have to stop doing everything and watch it..and I hate that but my old tv isn't compatible with DSL..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:30 am

Whitechapel is brilliant!
I'm not sure whether being in Australia, we get more English TV shows, but I think I have watched them all. Broadchurch, Liar, Luther, Bletchley Circle just to mention a few.

Naya I watched The Handmaid's Tale in one day, I was so addicted. I believe there is going to be a follow up, now that's exciting :sweetdance:

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:01 am

Broadchurch - excellent show.  

I'll have to look for Whitechapel. It can be hard to find UK shows in the States sometimes but not impossible. 

Penny Dreadful is an excellent watch.

Stranger Things - OMG this show. It's one we watch over and over again. 

TWD - As a fan of the comics, Hubby and I sometimes have a different perspective than those who don't read the comics.  First, Jeffery Dean Morgan, OMG there are times that a scene will be a panel out of the comic.  The way he stands, the way he speaks, his body language. It's frickin' fantastic.  Second, I know a lot of people were upset over a death last season, I won't say which one/give out spoilers, the thing is that it was straight from issue 100 in the comics.  We knew it was coming.  We were on pins and needles for the entirety of Season 6 because we knew Negan was coming. We knew what was going to happen. My anxiety was so bad I could barely watch.  So many of these characters are different from the comics and many in fantastic ways.    The Talking Dead is always a fun watch as an aftershow.

Discovery - This one is either love or hate with old school Trekkies.  We love it.  They have done some exceptional storytelling with this one. Roddenberry would be proud. Not on Netflix but again if you can find it.

Misfits is good - if you can find it. Not the American version but the British version. Same with Being Human, all though I was soooooo pissed with the way they wrote out Aidan Turner.  I disliked Nina before that and hated her afterward. I never finished up Series 4 & 5. Not on Netflix but if you can find them.

We are huge Dr Who fans, going back to the early Doctors before the reboot. As much as I adore Ten, Eleven is my Doctor.  I can just relate with his almost childlike ADHD that he gets. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Doctor.  

Dark Matter is really smart science fiction. Sadly, Syfy (par for the course) cancelled it.  The showrunner is trying to find someone else to pick it up so there is still hope.

The Frankenstein Chronicles just got released today.  I've already added it to my list. It's got Sean Bean in it so that's a win. 

Black Mirror is one of the next things we will probably watch.  It kind of sucks. I love my husband being home more, but he is a Sllllllooooooowwwww TV watcher.  He gets annoyed when I watch stuff without him.

It's not on Netflix but Game of Thrones is always fun. If you like having your heart and soul ripped out and trampled on by a bunch of sadists so that in a blind crying rage you swear you will never, ever watch the show again only to find yourself sitting in front of your favorite electronic watching device the very next week.  I will never look at a door the same again.

It's a cartoon movie but Zootopia is really good. It's got a deep message if you pay attention.

Orange is the New Black is good. I'm behind on that one but what I've seen is good.

Sons of Anarchy - violent but good.

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:17 am

LOL - too many shows, not enough time...

...especially when I'm trying to build!

...of course, downloading and playing around with cc files might have something to do with not having enough time for anything else :D :rofl301:

We watch shows when we get up (catch up with Late Night Comedy and The View), then work, then watch some more in the evening then go to bed (or stay up building) - I need three of me just to do the basic things I want to do all the time (build, read, watch cool stuff).

...finally, Ben and I talk - A LOT. We pause what we're watching to discuss what just happened and sometimes that evolves (devolves?) into a lengthy conversation about all kinds of things, lol

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:54 am

I haven't read comics since I was a kid and then TWD was not a comic at that time..or I don't think..I wish I had the comics I think I would read them..just like my books..but I am sure that those comics are soo expensive right now with the TWD show..

valentine1f

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:45 pm

TWD comics started in 2003. They are by Robert Kirkman and produced by Image Comics.  You'd want to try and find the graphic novels. They are reprints of the original comic grouped together - 5 to 10 issues depending on the title.  They have compendiums which group even more issues together.  A Graphic Novel will run you about $20 give or take.  A Compendium $30 or $40. Since they are reprints, they are less expensive.

A regular Walking Dead #1 Comic in fair condition (Not like new, with wrinkles, folds, etc) will cost you about $500.  One that is in dirt poor condition - rips, tears, no cover would cost you about $45.  One that is in like new condition will cost you about $2500+ That's just for the non-variant versions of the covers. 

Believe it or not, the comics had a following long before the show started in 2010.  The show did cause interest in the comics but they were already expensive.  Back in 2008, we sold a Walking Dead #1 for several hundred dollars.

Check your local Library, I know ours carries graphic novels for comics.  Be aware that the comics are very different from the show.  Darryl was a character created for the show.  Some characters die in different ways or are still alive in the show. Some characters have completely different personalities. There are a lot of differences so you really have to treat them as two separate entities.

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm

Oh good grief..I had no idea how expensive TWD comics were..

And I do realize that the comics and movies are going to be different..just like a book and the movie..

Thank you for that info May..I know now I won't be looking for the comics any time soon lol..

valentine1f

PrettyT002

PostPrettyT002 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Yo I’m a big kid so I watch stuff I like but I’m watching Tom Tom and friends just finished watching finding dory but hey it’s entertaining to me than The reality tv shows or the depressing news soo hey oops
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 am

The regular cover price for current TWD comics is about $3 but if you were going to try and collect the comics from the beginning just to read them, that would be very costly.  Better to see if you can get the graphic novels from your local library. 

We are animation fans here. I really can't wait for the next How To Train Your Dragon movie.  We watch the Netflix show for HTTYD and TrollHunters. Moana makes the play list at least once every other week or so because my youngest LOVES that movie.  We are huge My Little Pony and Star Wars Clone Wars fans. I'm really hoping that Netflix picks up Rebels (Which is the sequel to Clone Wars).  I'll admit I've watched way more Transformers than I ever though possible.  There are like 5 different shows and my son watches them all.

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 am

No not a collector..although I love collecting books..I had over 200 at one time..but left a lot of them behind from the last place I lived because I didn't have anyone to help me load them in the truck...

valentine1f

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:21 am

I loved Finding Dory, Tasha :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
theliteratesims18

Posttheliteratesims18 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Currently watching Fawlty Towers (old British comedy with John Cleese) on Netflix.
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 pm

ZOMG!  Netflix is doing Lost in Space as a series.  It looks fantastic.  I got chills.  My hubby thought it looked awesome as well. It comes out next month and I have a feeling we will binge watch it.  Official Netflix Lost In Space Trailer Link

Jessica Jones 2 dropped so Hubby and I need finish watching The Punisher. Supernatural and The Walking Dead/Talking Dead are our main shows right now.  We are behind on Lucifer so we need to watch that as well.  Altered Carbon is on our list.

I watched Bright... Again... I love that movie so much.

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:17 am

I just got done watching "Lost in Space" I really loved it..

valentine1f

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 am

Which one, the 1998 movie with Gary Oldman or the original?  I loved the original when I was a kid.  The 1998 movie was fun.  I adore Gary Oldman.  My only complaint was I felt like Robot should have been an A.I. and not controlled by Will Robinson.

I'm really looking forward to the new Netflix series which is coming in April.  Hubby and I have done a bit of speculating and we wonder if they are gender bending Dr Smith and Major West.

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:55 am

The new one..it came out..oh I'm not sure..but the next time I go in to watch I will check..it wasn't the original for sure..that was what back in the 60's or so..lol

valentine1f

ferret

Postferret on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Grace and Frankie and The Crown on Netflix. Both great shows.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:07 am

I just started watching Requiem HappyDay

I have watched The Crown but not Grace and Frankie

ferret

Postferret on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:26 am

Grace and Frankie... Jane Fonda/ Lily Tomlin/ Martin Sheen/ very funny.
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:30 am

I have seen it on advertised on Netflix, just never watched it

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:25 am

I just got done watching "The Mist" and then "Radium" love both of them..can't remember what I am just starting to watch now..lol

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 am

I have seen The Mist, but not the other one.

The family of adults, is watching Cars 3 at the moment giggle
They are just big kids!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:54 am

I haven't watched any of the Cars shows..

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:59 am

My grandson Bailey loved Cars 1, so I have seen that over and over again facepalm

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:04 am

Omgosh I have been down that road..but it was with Finding Nemo..I finally had to hide the dvd..lol

valentine1f

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum