Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims We are looking for new artists and moderators to join our lovely staff team. If you are interested, send Tilly a PM! Our Dwelling Space contest winners are announced. Congratulations to you all!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
Whats new?

TS4: Punk rock princess walls by Velvetkiss

TS4: Opulence bed by Freeasabird

TS4: Kitchen herb paintings by Freeasabird

TS4: Art deco shelves by Freeasabird

TS4: Designer perfumes by Freeasabird

TS4: Designer make up palettes by Freeasabird

TS4: Champagne bucket by Freeasabird

TS4: Rose vase by Freeasabird

TS4: Shaped Duet by Szanne7000

TS4: Greenhills House by Mireluk

TS4: Paris fleur art prints by Velvetkiss

TS4: Rock and roller art prints by Velvetkiss

TS4: Dreamscape wall stickers by Velvetkiss

TS3: A gift for Anita by Poppy100

TS4: Brick Walls by TatSchu

TS4: Rustic country walls by Tilly

TS3: Room set by Poppy100

TS4: White swan paintings by Tilly

TS3: 125 Wood St by Mireluk

TS3: Gift for Chicklet by Poppy100

TS4: Heritage foundations by Tilly

TS4: Chancery paving by Tilly

TS4: Boho rugs by TaTschu

TS4: Train station by Lovias

TS3: Deco walls by Poppy100

[Solved] TS2 I have a question about default replacements.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I found some really great default replacement for the ugly maxis clothing that I would love to use.  However, I'm concerned that if I have any outfits that use a maxis match - some of Cloudless Night's Hogwarts Uniforms come to mind - that I will lose those outfits all together.   Will new defaults "overwrite" the maxis meshes killing anything else the uses them?

May

Last edited by Mayetra on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed title to include Solved as my question was answered.)
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm

May - I'm not 100% for sure, but I believe that a default replacement uses the same GUID# as the Maxis one so I would assume if you have clothing that pulls it's textures or shape from that mesh then it would either break it or use the textures from the new replacement.

But, I could be very wrong tho, so if anybody knows more about it, please feel free to correct me! LOL

What you could always do it, is just test it, pull out everything except the Hogworts uniforms and the default replacements and load the game up and see what happens.

If it's all borked, you can just easily remove the default replacements that way

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:18 pm

May, regarding default replacements (and a quick ts2 google search on the subject)...

...my best understanding is that you can only use one default replacement at a time.

So, if you already have a set of default replacements in your game for clothing you would not be able to install a second default replacement that uses the same GUID#.

I did send a message to Cloudlessnights (the Hogwarts' clothing creator on modthesims) - hopefully, she will either answer her or respond to my message there (in which case I will add a comment here for you). <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Yes May if you want to use Maxis recolors then you can't have the defaults..

But there is a solution..when you go into neighborhood you are playing with the recolors take the defaults out..first..when you play the other neighborhoods put the defaults back in first..

Make a test neighborhood..I do..and test things out before going into your good neighborhoods..always do that first..I made so many mistakes not having a test neighborhood..I even use them for my recolor testing..and any defaults I put in the game..

And yes you can only have one default replacement for anything you do..so if you have more than one default for say like skintones..you can only put one of them in the game at that time..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Thanks everyone.

I was kind of leaning toward it being a deal breaker.  it sucks because the outfits are really cute but they are default replacements.  Since they share the same GUID, it's not a matter of unchecking a box.  I respect the fact that creators are putting in in their hard work and creativity but it's always heartbreaking to find a really cute outfit only to find you can't use it.  I wouldn't be able to put them in/take them out because I've got too much stuff that uses Maxis Meshes.  Knowing me, I'd end up messing up and missing something and borking my game.

At least I know now.

Last edited by Mayetra on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because Grammar is good!)
Samantha61

PostSamantha61 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm sorry to hear that May..you have to chose between recolors and defaults lol..that's a messed up deal lol..

Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f

Broomhilda's Sims2
Broomhilda's Sims2 DWJ
My Tumblr

Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomy or Broomhilda

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum