Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims. Please visit our Getting Started area for forum info and read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. Check out our May challenge in iCreate: The Hobby Room. Join in, just for fun!
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Horse wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Spring rug collection by TaTschu

.servimg.com/u/f62/19/51/31/71/20033.jpg" />

TS4: Wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Vintage wall decals by TaTschu

TS4: Vivid dollshouse by Lovias

TS4: Spring wood signs by Chicklet

TS4: Hello spring paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Spring wall planter by Chicklet

TS4: Spring dining room by Chicklet

TS4: Conversion of Mataine bedroom by Anidup

TS4: Aqua by Lorry

TS4: Salthouse by Tilly Tiger

TS4: French dining by Anidup

TS4> Wood walls by TaTschu

TS4: Maison Lorraine by Lorry

Organizing your mods folder

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

mcarchus wrote:I keep a separate folder in the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents called S4 Packages.  In that folder I organize all content Alphabetically.  Like below:

And then in my Mods folder I have the merged packages and Separate Mods like defaults, body hair, etc. (not merged).  I have 24.4GB of custom content just in the folder below.

It does double up on GB, but I at least have the originals in one spot.  If I need to delete something I search for it, deleted it out of the first file, and then remerge the package in the second file.

Oh my, I don't think I could do it that way. It was hard enough doing it in category files lol
mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:31 am

MysticTrance15 wrote:
mcarchus wrote:I keep a separate folder in the Electronic Arts folder in My Documents called S4 Packages.  In that folder I organize all content Alphabetically.  Like below:

And then in my Mods folder I have the merged packages and Separate Mods like defaults, body hair, etc. (not merged).  I have 24.4GB of custom content just in the folder below.

It does double up on GB, but I at least have the originals in one spot.  If I need to delete something I search for it, deleted it out of the first file, and then remerge the package in the second file.

Oh my, I don't think I could do it that way. It was hard enough doing it in category files lol

It does take a while depending on how many packages I have to go through.
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 am

Yes it does, I also hate it to find the clothing not categorized correctly.
I think it happens when the creator likes using a specific mesh and then not bother to change the tab to reflect correctly the type of clothing it is.

I have not tried the hair, but I may soon do so, because long hair in a bun is still long hair, just worn differently. So my next task may be to sort out hair.
Clothing is more or less done.

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Nice to know it works for clothes as well lol I am very organized in real life and it drives me nuts in game searching for items where they shouldn't be. I am so excited to place the items where I like them or would want them shown, I think a lot of boils down to personal preference and like you said not changing the item from where they got the mesh. I will say when purging cc I always save the lot the items are on because it's fun to see what mesh they started with.

I never understood the pony tails, buns and updo's being labeled as short either, if my memory is correct, doesn't EA do that too? I'm going to have to check.
katinwonderland14

Postkatinwonderland14 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:11 am

My mods folders are organized by date. I download wayyy too much to separate them into categories. I never used to organize them at all until my game crashed from bad CC.. giggle Now I know why my mom always told me to organize them by date
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:32 am

Kat, did your Mom also play the sims?

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
Mayetra

PostMayetra on Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:43 pm

So in the Great Downloads Folder Update of 2018, I'm proud to say Hairs are done.  

I gutted all the hairs I don't use.  

I have pictures for every hair along with a current zip file organized on my backup drive.

I bundled all the hair recolors.  I put the mesh with Naturals. I bundled pastels and un-naturals separately.  Bundling allowed me to label them (Colorist, Creator, Mesh, m/f, Texture, Color Palette).  I have them all in a folder marked hairs and separated into folders labeled with the Creator and the Mesh name.

So for example: NewseaClover  In that folder are two packages.  One with AmidalaSims recolors using Zeasar Pearl textures and One with Lunacress using Io's texture edit.  Only one package has the the mesh in it.  Not a big deal because if I decide I don't like the mesh both packages will go.

I like the new system I've come up with because it keeps the folders no more than two deep and keeps all the recolors together. Plus with the naming system, I know why recolors I have.  I had four recolors of the same hair all done by different creators in the same texture and color palette because my organization was so messed up before.  

Beards are done as well.

It only took me two months to do.  *sigh* I had a lot of hairs.

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
bmckee6409

Postbmckee6409 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:02 am

I had no idea you could put folders in your mod folder to organize everything. I'll be busy tomorrow!!
MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:54 am

bmckee6409 wrote:I had no idea you could put folders in your mod folder to organize everything. I'll be busy tomorrow!!

Yes you can but if you use the program mod conflict detector make sure you do not go beyond 5 folder deep ( a folder inside a folder) because the program will not read anything beyond 5 folders.

Example

Hair
 >afro
      >small puffs
               >large puffs
                        >small afro
                               >Large afro (anything beyond this sub folder will not be read by the program

You can have as many folders in the mods folder just you have to be careful of sub folders, also things like teleporter or andrews pose player need to go directly into the mods folder no sub folders or it will not work in game.
Grutholz31

PostGrutholz31 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 am

I have everything in folders by creator and than merged
MiaR88

PostMiaR88 on Tue May 08, 2018 6:35 pm

I try to organize my mods folder and spent hours to organize them, but it's so easy to get out of control when you get more mods :P
kreativeplumbob

Postkreativeplumbob on Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 pm

I start out with the 3 Big Categories: BUILD, CAS, BUY. In BUILD I have them seperated into the respective object, plant, door, etc. I also name the file itself and check that its in the correct places in game. In Buy I do the same, but this time by room and then specific place.

So for instance: BEDROOM_DECOR_NightstandObj_hairbrush_(ARTIST NAME)

For CAS, I seperate male and female, child and toddler. Then I break it down with tops, bottoms, outfits, acc, and hair.

Its a constant WIP tho.
jefferypayne

Postjefferypayne on Mon May 21, 2018 2:25 am

I have a buy and build folder, then a skin folder, hair folder, modification folder, and a test folder. i have it this way and it seems to work well and keeps me from having a bunch of duplicate files. plus i always take all the files out of the folders. I am new at the sims mod stuff and the first set of mods i had was a mess to the point i couldn't play my game. Since i have done it this way over the last few weeks i have alot more files than i use to and can still play my game. I need to figure out how to package files correctly and do that still, but haven't because i lost all my DaerOn files and am still trying to find those before i do the packaging. Had some vintage lamps i loved.
kiewtee

Postkiewtee on Mon May 21, 2018 4:12 am

Because I usually do a MASSIVE batch download of CC, I just put them in folders named after the date I dowloaded them: like "April 2015" or "December 2017" etc. I find this easier to look for newly downloaded CCs that I don't like and want to delete.
jefferypayne

Postjefferypayne on Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 am

I didn't think of that but it makes since.
MysticTrance15

PostMysticTrance15 on Mon May 21, 2018 4:33 am

kiewtee wrote:Because I usually do a MASSIVE batch download of CC, I just put them in folders named after the date I dowloaded them: like "April 2015" or "December 2017" etc. I find this easier to look for newly downloaded CCs that I don't like and want to delete.

I use to do that but would get to many duplicates so I started organizing by type to avoid having multiple copies of certain items. It would normally happen with alpha hairs and clothes.
tpeoples1

Posttpeoples1 Yesterday at 4:36 pm

I typically create sub folders, then subsubfolders, therefore sub-folders under my Mods labeled, Build, Buy objects, Clothes, Shoes, Hairs, Skins/eyes, and Pets. Then for instance in my buy objects folders I create sub folders for certain content like Pictures/Wall Art, Kitchen Clutter, Pillows/Rugs, Curtains, Appliances/Electronics, then I label other content my Artist such as LEOSIMS, MIOSIMS, Dreamteamsims, and etc. This organization makes things much easier to locate because I tend to download a lot, then delete unwanted or old unused CC:

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum