Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

The Mix: A chat thread for all members

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

szanne7000
Tech Guru
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postszanne7000 on Mon May 28, 2018 6:57 am

Stay cool, Sam :D

It has been in the mid 90's here, and not cooling down a whole lot overnight - but the evenings have been pleasant with a nice breeze :D

Round 8 for DOTY will be challenging - a Vintage Train Station :D

My brain is exploding right now, lol!

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Trizia

PostTrizia on Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 am

That's nice Samantha, glad for you that you had a lovely day. Stay cool like Sam says, here it's warm too, yesterday we had 84,2F (29°celsius).

Wish you all a lovely Monday.
Lovias

PostLovias on Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 pm

With us today it was over 32°celsius  (89,6 F). For weeks we have no more rain the rivers dry out. It should stay until Thursday next week.

too bad our fridge is not big enough, I would like to crawl into it  giggle

@all cherry a wonderful week koalahug

Thank you, Crissi ♡♡ for the beautiful Siggi!!

My Blog | Tumblr | TS4 Album
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue May 29, 2018 9:01 am

Yesterday it got to 93 degrees and it felt like 100..hottest day so far this year..today in the upper 80's with thunderstorms..

Still fighting with the landlord and Section 8..and still looking for an attorney..

Have a great day everyone..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Trizia

PostTrizia on Tue May 29, 2018 9:33 am

All the best Samantha.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Tahoe
VIP Member
Total Awards : 3

PostTahoe on Tue May 29, 2018 7:47 pm

We have wonderful weather over 25C (77F) in the days and for us it's hot. They are out with warnings because it's so hot (we're not used to it.) Now it's 20 degrees out and totally windy and I smell smell from the lilies right into the living room. In fact, we are going to go cooler weather (common Swedish themes)

Thank you Crissi for the beautiful signature
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Tue May 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Weve had lovely, hot weather too! But today it was cold...and rain is on its way singin
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 pm

We have that Tropical Storm hit South East coast..and well it's going to clip us so we will get rain for a few days after this..Florida, Alabama, and all those states are getting hit really hard with the flooding, wind, and rain..2 weather forecasters were already killed from a tree falling down on them in their car..

Still supposed to be in the 80's and 90's even during that rain..it's going to be sooooo muggy after it is all over with..the humidity goes sky high after rain..

I hope TJ is ok..she lives down in Florida..has anyone heard from her..who else haven't we heard from lately..

Be safe everyone that will be affected by this Tropical Storm

Have a great day..

valentine1f

Tahoe
VIP Member

PostTahoe on Wed May 30, 2018 12:46 am

I asked the same earlier about TJ but Suzanne said she had not heard anything. But I've discovered that Poppy has not been here for a while or I've just missed her.
I know that people have a privacy and I respect that, but you are wondering in any case.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu May 31, 2018 9:38 am

Marie sometimes people just need a break from the Sims, or perhaps they have things going on in their life that are difficult and don't want to talk about it.

I think Poppy may have left because she removed all her downloads.

Who knows, maybe one day she will return......when she's ready

Suzanne had told me that TJ was feeling a little burnt out.

I was going to message her on Skype, but I have to respect her privacy.

Tahoe
VIP Member

PostTahoe on Thu May 31, 2018 7:50 pm

Lorry: I understand what you mean and I agree
I did not mean they need to tell why they are not here but it was more like a little wonder, after all, they have been very active and then it will only be quiet.
But I also respect the private lives.
I hope both Poppy and TJ will be back again.

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:57 am

It is sad when members who became like family, are not around anymore.
I hope they know that they are missed dearly.
I too hope that they will be around again, and also that they are comfortable where they are currently.

But, I admit, I miss them too!!
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:16 am

It's almost 5am here and those spoiled brats upstairs are up and running around like they own the place..yes they are toddlers..2 and 4 but good grief..the parents need to be teaching them not to run in the house..

Ok, I am not in a very good mood as you can tell and I haven't been posting much since I have moved to this dump..

*First..I haven't had a cig in a week..not a good thing..that vape pen is not working..it's not a cig..thank heavens today is payday
*Second..a week after I moved in here..ROACHES..I have sprayed, sprayed and sprayed some more..bombed the place put out Boric Acid and even tried the catnip..they are getting so close to the computer..I even had one on the monitor..the other day..
*Third..the stupid landlord and Section 8 has finally..P***** me off to the point I went looking on the internet for the Corporate Office..I found something..just not sure..but I bet you anything that when I get done..someone in some office is going to take notice..
*Fourth..I have again lost all my furniture..started getting all this in December and by the middle or so of May and one week later..I have lost it all..
*Fifth..I told my case worker I was so close to just tossing everything in the dumpster and forgetting about having any furniture..and you know what she had the nerve to say..OMGosh is she OUT OF HER COTTON PICK'EN MIND..she told me to just donate it to the place I got it from..WHEY IN THE WORLD WOULD I DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT..with the possibility of roaches in them give them to someone else..
I am going to Pathways today and chewing her out for even thinking of something like that..and getting rid of her..

I am so depressed..I have no idea how to write a letter..I am just not very good at things like that..I don't know what to do..

It's going to get up into the upper 90's today and that means really hot and humid..it's after 5 am now so I think I am going to get ready and get some things done before it get's to hot..most things don't open till 9am..that gives me time to get a shower and catch the first bus I think that's around 7 am..get where I want to start and wait till the smoke shop opens at 9..

Have a great day everyone..I know I won't be

valentine1f

Trizia

PostTrizia on Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am

:-(( Oh gosh, am sorry Samantha. I hope you can still have a good and quiet day, I send you many hugs.
tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Oh Sam, It must be so hard with all those roaches. I would freak out! I hope you get some support from somewhere sweetie.
In the meantime...BREATHE! consol1
Tahoe
VIP Member

PostTahoe on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Sam: I thought you'd been in a good place and these nasty animals appear again. I'm so sorry for your sake. hugss

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:23 am

Thank you girls..

Sorry I vented..I tried to hold back so you all wouldn't know what I was going through again..

And not only the roaches but the stupid neighbors..there are 3 living on the right side of me..and all they do is talk about me while I am sitting out there..and the one above me keeps those kids running more and more and even jumping off the furniture..they didn't before I called the police on them a couple of weeks ago with the music so loud that the railings on the steps up to them were shaking..

I went to Wal-Mart today and got some "Ortho Home Defense Insect killer" it's for indoors/outdoors..and more Boric Acid..this stuff is non staining, odor free, and dries fast..so I can put it in my cabinets, closets, baseboards, under the stove, refrigerator, in my dresser, bookshelves, and in and around the computer, under the couch and bed..and I am even going to do it around the outside of my apartment..which is only 2 sides..

I just left the house and went to do what I needed to do..and my case worker called me 4 times..and leaving a message once..saying she had found that "Diatomaceous Earth" here in town..but she wouldn't tell me where..that ticked me off..never got to Pathways to talk about what she had told me to do..but I will be doing that next week..

I see roaches in my sleep..and even wake up thinking they are crawling on me..and I see them out of the corner of my eyes but when I look they are not there..I am LOSING MY MIND...

I have got to get that letter written and copies of it made to send to whoever else will listen..I just don't know how to write it..without being angry..ok have to go kill a roach will be back in a second..

So tonight I am going to be up all night spraying..this will be either a nightly thing or once a week until someone or something changes..

I'm tired I am going to go lay down for a bit and try and get rid of this headache..

Today right now it is 93 (F) feeling like 96 (F)..it's so hot..it was hotter earlier..

Tomorrow in the 80's and thunderstorms..Sunday I am going to have to walk to the laundry mat to do the heavy blankets..

I'm sorry tilly and everyone else that has been depending on me to be here and I'm not..now I am crying..I'm so sorry..

I will be back on later I promise..

valentine1f

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Oh, Sam!

(((HUGS)))

I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this crud.

I hope your application for the HUD housing gets approved and there is an immediate opening for you.

You are not losing your mind - you are just dealing with a huge, awful mess. I hope it gets dealt with very soon.

Marie - HUGS to you, too...

...life is, at times, terribly difficult.

I am sending out love and hugs and positive thoughts to everyone - I wish I could be with each and every one of you and personally give you hugs and sit and talk for hours.

In the meantime, just know I love you all. <3

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Thank you Suzanne..

I won't be going to HUD..they have changed the rules big time..no pets unless they are service animals..and no smoking on the property..I can't move there with Tiffany..so I am either stuck with Section 8..or get a place and pay huge amounts of rent..

But after I get this letter written and sent to the Corporate Office..maybe things will change..I just know I am stuck here until April..found roaches on my couch today..and I have sprayed it big time..and had one on my computer desk..I didn't find any coming out of the couch..yet anyway..still watching it..

People around here are saying they don't have any roaches..they are lying big time..if I have them so do they..and I know for a fact they people in 12 right above me have them..that lady that lives there said they do..and all of these roaches are starting from the kitchen cabinets..and I have proof there was roaches in here from the last person who lived here..the maintainance guys painted over the poop on the edges off the doors..I have taken pictures of it..and now I am going to scrap it off..so I can close the closet door..

I have started putting things back in the cabinets..so far today I haven't seen any there..just my luck now that I have said it there will be..

I'm so tired..

valentine1f

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:49 am

bighugs2 Sam :girlie5:

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:33 am

lol Suzanne.. bighugs2

I spoke to soon about no roaches in the cabinets..after I put the dishes and food back..I closed the doors and took a nap..and well there were roaches in there and on the living room wall.

I can't give up..omgosh they would overrun the place if I gave up..I'm just so tired..

valentine1f

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 am

I do get how frustrating it is. Hugs, Sam <3

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:51 am

I called that place for Diatomaceous Earth..they said it can only be bought in the online store or Amazon..well my case worker found it in a health food store here in Jefferson City..it's not cheap..with tax and all it as just over $26 for a 5 pound bag..I went ahead and got it..

Been slowly putting it in the cabinets..and behind/under the stove..next will be behind/under the refrigerator and in the utility closet in the kitchen..and then under the microwave..I just got that in January..and it wasn't cheap either..the cheap one wasn't in stock..

After that then I am going to move everything from the other side of the wall in the living room and sweep/mop and then put boric acid and the DE around the edges of the floor/wall..and under the tv, and even open the computer and put a little bit in there, in and under the couch..and on the bookshelves..and then put my books and nick knacks back up..that will look a bit tacky but what can I do otherwise to save my books and nick knacks..

Then the bedroom, closet and the bathroom..and then wait to see what happens..

Got the letter written and I have someone looking it over and revising it for me..Monday I am going after a disk to put all the pictures on with my case worker..look up all the people I want to send it to and get email addresses to the ones I can do that with..and send letter's to the others that won't except the emails..I hope to have all this done in a couple of weeks..
I told the person that is revising my letter no hurry..real life comes first..

Have a wonderful weekend everyone..

valentine1f

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Good afternoon everyone..

OMGosh it's so hot out right now you can't even breath..it's only 92 but feeling like 100..and the air is so dead..no breeze, nothing..and the air conditioner isn't shutting off for anything..

My brain is totally dead right now..and other than that don't have a thing to say lol..

Hope everyone is having a great day

Be safe out there..from the heat, from the wild fires in California, from the hurricanes in the Pacific around Mexico and anywhere else there is weather problems

valentine1f

tilly
Forum Boss

Posttilly on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Its quite hot here too, but no way is it 92! That's too hot for me.....
Try to stay cool sweetie!
i bought a paddling pool for the dogs to cool off in. They loved it! :girlie5:

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum