Announcements
Welcome to Bloom@CherryBlossom Sims. Please visit our Getting Started area for forum info and read our forum rules before posting. Thank you! You need 10 posts to access our Resident Artists download area. We are looking for treasure hunters. If you would like to join our staff team, please PM Tilly if you are interested.
Hello!
Staff Online
If you love our forum...
Latest topics
» CC news blogs?
Today at 3:08 pm by LilaZebra

» Hello from Germany!
Today at 1:13 pm by tilly

» Empty World
Today at 1:09 pm by tilly

» Trizia Album - Updated 17th April, 2018
Today at 1:07 pm by Trizia

» Keyla Sims - Updated 19th April, 2018
Today at 1:06 pm by Trizia

» Patty3060 Sims4 House 19/04/2018 Update
Today at 12:22 pm by patty3060

» This or that?
Today at 12:10 pm by LilaZebra

» April Challenge: Theme and Questions.
Today at 12:09 pm by poppy100

» Curly hair links
Today at 11:11 am by MysticTrance15

» Colour your World: Task and Questions.
Today at 11:08 am by poppy100

» Mcarchus' Design: Updated 4/13/18
Today at 8:15 am by sunkal

» Need some advice on CC I am making
Today at 5:06 am by MysticTrance15

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Yesterday at 10:22 pm by Broomhilda

» Do you dreams or have nightmares with your game..
Yesterday at 10:15 pm by Broomhilda

» Riverblossom Hills
Yesterday at 11:40 am by poppy100

Whats new?

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS3: Poppies loveseat by Poppy100

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS3: Beach house by Poppy100

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS3: Poppys curtains by Poppy100

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Horse wood wall art by TaTschu

Hello Spring Downloads

TS4: Spring rug collection by TaTschu

TS3: Sleepy by Poppy100

TS3: Little summerset by Poppy1oo

TS3: Dinner set by Poppy100

TS3: Cubus table by Poppy100

TS3: Spring plants by Poppy100

TS3: Wall art by Poppy100

TS4: Wood wall art by TaTschu

TS4: Vintage wall decals by TaTschu

TS4: Vivid dollshouse by Lovias

TS4: Spring wood signs by Chicklet

TS4: Hello spring paintings by Chicklet

TS4: Spring wall planter by Chicklet

TS4: Spring dining room by Chicklet

TS4: Conversion of Mataine bedroom by Anidup

TS4: Aqua by Lorry

TS3: Wall stickers by Poppy100

TS3: More wall stickers by Poppy100

TS4: Salthouse by Tilly Tiger

TS4: French dining by Anidup

TS4> Wood walls by TaTschu

TS3: March set by Poppy100

TS4: Maison Lorraine by Lorry

TS3: Pots and paintings by Poppy100

Peacemaker-IC's Fixer Upper Game-Play Challenge

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostChicklet45368 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi All!

I ran across this challenge that Peacemaker-IC had done and posted "his" rules to challenge himself. I read them and thought this looked like it would be really fun!

Because you can't use any money cheats, you are actually forced to "play" the game to make enough money to renovate your fixer-upper! For me this would be the ultimate challenge because I'm not a game player!

I am definitely going to try this for sure! I think I'd get greater satisfaction at seeing my remodeled/redecorated house once it was done because I had to "work for it" and save and wait til I had money to buy things like I do in RL!

If anybody else wants to read the rules you can find it here:
Peacemaker-IC Fixer Upper Game-Play Challenge

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 am

This looks interesting and can any of the Sims games play this..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:30 am

Sure Sam! I think you can really make up your own rules, but I liked that he gave a guideline for how he does it. Which is probably how I would do it too. It would force me to actually "play" and then my reward would be decorating when I got money. I've only ever played one time with no money cheats so this would be a challenge for sure!

You'd need to download a fixer upper, or could just use an EA starter house to use and remodel/fix up. I would probably choose an EA house but place it on a larger lot so that I could eventually expand or put in a pool. You could even build your own house to start with.

You just can't use motherlode or any other money cheats to get your funds to remodel with. The whole challenge is to earn the money you need to spruce up your new home. He showed pics of his progress while he was playing it and then before/after pics when he finished a room. It was interesting to read.

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:09 pm

I have actually challenged myself with similar rules in all previous versions of the Sims, I have not attempted it with Sims 4 yet. I like the idea of the realistic bills mod, because it would be incredibly difficult with the bills in Sims 4. This is definitely something I would like to try, thanks for the challenge TJ, I hope many others will attempt this as well, it will be quite fun to see what everyone does. Now, I just have to figure out which career path will achieve the best results, in the shortest amount of time!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 pm

TJ I usually do that anyway..at first I always used the money cheats but a few years ago I stopped doing that and the sims have to earn their way up to a beautiful expensive home..lol..I always start my sims off in a box one room with 2 bathrooms and an outside kitchen lol..

valentine1f

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Debbie - I'm so glad you like the idea! I can't wait to see what you do! I think I might start on mine today! I have never played or payed bills in TS4 so I didn't know the bills were so unrealistic. I'll have to get the realistic bills mod too. Now, I need to research what job I want to do. I always wanted to play the doctor one so maybe I'll actually try that this time. I'm excited!

Sam - Why is the kitchen outside? LOL And, why do you need 2 bathrooms?

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:55 pm

Do you know how many of my sims have started out on a 5x5 lot, a 2 section wall so I could set up a sink and uni counter on the front & a uni shower/toiled on the backside.   A single bed, a book, a chair and grill.  It's the legacy way. LOL 

If the sim gets lucky, they marry a townie with money, a job and goodies in their inventory.  They are living the high-life then with their 5 square x 5 square box complete with *gasp* roof.  Eventually, as cash comes in, they get a proper house, room by room.  Then when they are really rolling in it, you can finally redecorate with new furniture, paint and something to replace that ugly cheap carpet and kitchen cabinets.

I've always built this way.  In non-legacy lots, I build the basic outline of the house (with roof), add the cheap basics they need to live and then as money/personality grow, I redecorate.

I've never actually played where you build a perfect house, motherlode money to the sim and then just move in.

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:16 pm

TJ..since you don't play the game really..well if you don't have a bathroom for each of your sims then they stand in front of the door and pee on themselves..although I have had that happen even with a dozen bathrooms in the house and only one occupied bored shame

As the family get bigger and the house becomes bigger bathrooms are a must for each family member..lol.

And a kitchen outside well it cost money to put up walls, doors so I just put a few poles around what would be the kitchen and add cheap wood for the roof..walla a kitchen giggle

I will show you the next time I actually play the game how my starter homes are lol..

valentine1f

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Sam - That's hysterical! I never noticed that problem before with the bathrooms before! LOL The only time mine has ever pee'd on herself was when I didn't have any toilet at all in the house, cause I was taking pics (it was the other night as a matter of fact, when I was preparing my uploads) and I forgot to put the game on pause, so she was just doing her thing, and when I came back her plumbob was red, and she had green fumes coming off of her and she was very uncomfortable! I just cheated and did the "MAKE HAPPY" and all fixed! LOL

May - I am a cheater all the way and first thing I do is MOTHERLODE about 5-6 times! And normally I can't even play unless my house is all nice and pretty. I'm a visual person so if the stuff is all mismatched and ugly, I'm cringing, getting a twitch in my eye, and can't concentrate on my game. So, I build a pretty house (or decorate, I should say, since I don't build) and THEN I play. But by then, I've usually found something else that interests me, CC I just got that I wanna use in another house or something I wanna recolor, then I end up abandoning my game-play! LOL

So, this time I really wanna try and do this. Of course, I need to make my sim pretty first! If I can't have a nice house, at least my sim will look MAH...velous, darling!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:11 am

Another way of seeing it..if you have several sims in one house..and they all get up at the same time for work and school..who uses the one and only bathroom first..the one that gets their first of course but what does everyone else do..stand in line waiting..not my sims no way no how..they will start complaining waving their arms and peeing on themselves..then a few of them are going to be late for the bus or to work..guaranteed.. impatient as many bathrooms in the house as possible for me..giggle as the family grows so does the bedrooms and bathrooms..each has their own space.. giggle

valentine1f

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:19 am

That makes sense! But, I almost never play with more than 1 sim, sometimes I make a couple, but not very often. For this challenge I will only play one sim so I can concentrate on her since I can't do cheats.

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 pm

LOL Sam, I know what you mean. Usually if I have more than 2 sims on a lot, I will have some of them go to the bathroom and shower before bed, so that the others can do so first thing in the morning.

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:23 pm

TJ, I have played the doctor career a couple of times, it is extremely frustrating, both times I worked for days and days and still could not accomplish some of the tasks, to the point that I eventually just got so frustrated I would give up. The NPCs are constantly getting in the way and want to chit chat with the patients or other doctors, whom you need to be conversing with. I sincerely suggest that if you want to play the doctor career that you not do so for this challenge. Hint: Art Career is a way to make money from home in your spare time as well as at work.

Mayetra

PostMayetra on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:18 pm

I've never had a problem with the bathrooms.  I usually have one main/guest bathroom and one off the master bedroom.  Typically my rule is one per floor. In my apocalypse stilt house, I had 3 floors with a small bath on each floor (showers on the second and third floor)and up to 6 people in the house at any one time.  

Of course, there is always the bathroom bush, if you need a handy pee spot and don't want to build yet another bathroom.

TJ - LOL If you want to cheat go right ahead.  That's one of the things I love about this game is that is so accommodating for different play styles.  I only ever motherloded spares in my apocalypse challenge.  In my regular games, I make them use the loan jar and I use the money tree which can separate household funds.  So my kids sims can grow up and move out.  I've played with some pretty big families.  During my apocalypse challenge, there were elders, adults, kids, toddlers, cats, dogs, ghosts, a parrot, some fish, the occasional therapist visit and a cowplant next to the legacy tree!

Cupcakes are just muffins who believed in miracles.  Be the muffin!
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Debbie - Oh thanks for the heads up about the doctors career! I've never tried it before. I think I'm going to use motherlode to get just enough money to buy a retail store and make it a consignment shop (cause I'm hoping I'll enjoy that and actually keep me interested in playing), then use household money to pay to stock it. I figure that would be no different than if there was an actual "Manager Career" where you'd go to a store and be in charge. Since this challenge is about fixing up your house without cheats, not starting off poor and making lodes of money.

May - YOU girl, are insane! I could not imagine ALL THOSE PEOPLE and PETS! Trying to control them all and see who's whining and stomping about this or that and keep them happy at the same time, remembering who has to work, who needs to go to bed to get up early, yada yada yada .... hurts my brain just thinking about it! LOL

I'm looking forward to trying this out! I downloaded a bunch of pretty CC for my sim so she's at least attractive even if she has to live in a hovel for awhile, and stuff to decorate my store.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 am

TJ - I have followed Peacy's Tumblr for quite awhile...

...the first one I read all the way through, he had built a home and trashed it with cc before having his simmie move into it.

...room by room, the sim renovated and decorated. I think that simmie was an artist or a police officer.

...it was totally hysterical reading and following that story!

So - use an EA house or drop one in and use free real estate to get into the home and then use the household funds + a job to renovate...

...lol, do, though, take lots and lots of pictures and narrate them for us, would you please? <3

I can't wait to see the results of this ICreate! :D :D :D

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
Bodaccia

PostBodaccia on Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:42 am

Ooh ooh ooh! Pick me, pick me! I feel like I'm dreaming! Not a lot of my simmy friends are actually players. Truth be told, I've been so enamored of building of late that I was/am in need of some serious inspo. I do believe this is it! Thank you! NewY4 ymd f ty :coolsmiles: partying

Bodaccia

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:11 pm

I think this would be a fun challenge, or something similar, for Dwelling Space. What do you think?
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 pm

Tilly - I think that would be awesome for Dwelling Space! I sorta started mine, well let's put it this way, I have my girl on an empty lot, but I can't figure out how to get her house for free.

This is the house I chose. It looks run down but not condemned. The yard is big, so plenty of room to expand or plant trees/plants to harvest and make money from.

Wyatt's Fixer Upper House

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:42 pm

I love the idea tilly..can't wait to see what you come up with next.. HappyDay

TJ if tilly does this for Dwelling Spaces you can always start with another one..

valentine1f

Ranapeach

PostRanapeach on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:15 pm

There is no way to accurately portray this challenge in 10 pics allowed, do we then post to a portfolio? I can see this potentially taking a bit of time to accomplish.

Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

PostChicklet45368 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:55 pm

Debbie - I was just going to open up a portfolio and post mine in there. I was making a story line as I go, to narrate what's happening. Also, that way the thread doesn't get too long if people are commenting, and it also keeps each persons challenge in one spot to make it easier to follow.

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:54 am

I think that is appropriate, TJ - a portfolio...

...we should ask Lisa to create a thread area to post them <3

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:28 am

One can always post ten pics here, and the rest in your own album under the portfolio thread. Is wiser also since after a while this will be deleted. Please refer to the guidelines which are posted HERE . So if you want your pictures saved, it would be better to upload it somewhere else too.

I will create another thread here where you can add your entries. This thread will then be for the comments and questions only.

Thank you TJ for adding this. It is an awesome challenge, and indeed something all our members (including me) love to do.

And it would be super Tilly, if this can be a Dwelling Space challenge too!

I am going to look for a fixer upper, and start on this soon as well!

http://www.anissims4creations.com/
For exclusive content. 
patty3060

Postpatty3060 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello I was reading this challenge and I must say that intrigues me a lot, I have a question: it must be just a house or even an apartment? because in the city I found an apartment to be restored (with relative tenant) in the market area and if I can I would like to use it,

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum