Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Sims 4 - Custom Content Semi-Transparent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 pm

Not really sure how to describe it, I've seen someone else post about it on Sims 4 Studio (I think).  I'm not sure if they are creating a batch fix for this yet, I've asked over there but no one has gotten back to me.

On certain Nightstands, Couches, Tables, Counters, Dressers, Bookshelves, Armoires, etc. I can see black shadowy lines of the backside on said items.  Is anyone else having this problem or is just me?  If I can remember right, I believe I read that this was a problem from the last update, but I'm not trusting my memory.

Thank you for your help.
Matt
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 am

Matt, I also have the black shadows on some of the older cc.
But what I have realized is that in my game, those were all made by creators who uses the sims workshop. I remember that SIMcredible fixed all the shadows on their cc, and made the fixed versions available. Not all cc is "fixable" with the studio tool if it was created with the workshop. I have tried to add slots, and as not able to do it.

I run all new cc through the batch fix of studio, before I install it, and the last few did not have that problem.
Not sure though if that may be because they were all recent creations.

I do hope we are going to get this solved in a way.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am

Hi Matt :D

I'm glad Anita has been able to determine some causes of this - various older cc does this with me, as well. Like her, I've not seen this with newer cc.

I have a bench I like to use (the one in the front entryway of Shaped Duet) and it has these transparency issues... I like the bench a lot and I only notice it from certain angles and lighting.

Definitely, run all your cc through ALL the batch fixes in sims4studio.

It may resolve some or most of the cc issues; however, it if really is bugging, then see if you can connect with the original creator to see if they have updated the cc or if they're planning on doing so.

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:50 am

Oh yes, I ALWAYS run my CC through all the batch fixes.  Even new Custom Content, its part of my "process," lol.

I do notice that it is older custom content that does this.  It is sad because a lot of it is high quality, most notably bedroom sets from Lulu at The Sims Resource.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:10 pm

If you are seeing a lot from Lulu, definitely send her a pm on TSR...

...she may already be aware of it; however, if she isn't, she would likely appreciate knowing about it :D

And, yes... much of it is cc I'm loathe to remove from my game, too <3

mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:42 pm

szanne7000 wrote:If you are seeing a lot from Lulu, definitely send her a pm on TSR...

...she may already be aware of it; however, if she isn't, she would likely appreciate knowing about it :D

And, yes... much of it is cc I'm loathe to remove from my game, too <3

Szanne, I will.  I never just jump to sending a PM, I hate to bother people, but I'll suck it up and send her one.  Thank you for at least confirming that this a problem, and that I'm not going insane.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:11 am

Hi Matt :D

While I was looking into the other questions by you and Jennifer, I came across this temporary fix for shadows through objects...

...this may be what we're dealing with - while I cannot stop working on my DOTY build to see if this corrects the issues we've been having, you may have the time to check and see if it works.

Here is the link from sims4studio: Temporary Shadows through Objects Fix

mcarchus

Postmcarchus on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:19 am

I'm not sure I'll try that, as I'd forget to fix it once a batch fix has been made, if ever.  And that post was back in November.  Why didn't my game have that issue then?  It only showed up 2 months ago :/

Thank you for finding it though!  I greatly appreciate it.  I was searching around, but didn't know what to call it.
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I randomly came across it, literally, lol!

I won't have time to take a look at trying it until after DOTY - I don't want any issues, LOL!

As for remembering to change it back, I'd have to leave myself a note - if I don't write it down, it is as if it never happened, lol!

...the note would be a post-it (a real one, not virtual) on my monitor! LOLOLOLOL

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:14 am

I think I came across a simpler solution on sims4studios, Matt...

...I'm going to check it out and see if it works over the next few days.

...If it does, I'll link to the thread for credit and the pictures, but rewrite out the steps to make it a little clearer on how to make the fix. :D

~~~Stay tuned! <3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum