Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Question about updates w/multiple games

View previous topic View next topic Go down

skanning

Postskanning on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 am

I've got multiple games...as in Sims4 - Darlene, Sims4 - Abby - and two others generated by renaming whatever I want by taking off the extra names down to Sims 4...and firing up Origin.  I also have allowed Origin to automatically update/patch my game. (Mistake?)  When the patch comes through are ALL the games patched or just the one named Sims 4 at the time?  When I try to patch the other games it tells me the game is up to date but I just want to be sure I'm handling this correctly.  hm3 BTW - this patch and following new ep just might be the thing that cures me of mods...not necessarily the cc ITEMS but the mods that change behaviors, particularly with scripts....just saying that chasing after all the updates is beginning to cause me to question their true value.  I am NOT referring to additional clothing, furniture, building supplies...I'll never give those up pinktea

That light at the end of the tunnel?  It's a train.
The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
Just because the monkey's off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Posttilly on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:15 am

I would imagine the origin updates are different to game updates. I think the patch is just for sims 4, but when suzanne gets here and reads this postn, she will know for sure :girlie5:
skanning

Postskanning on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Yup, Origin is well...Origin.  An update there is an update to that program alone and I don't doubt it applies across the board.  I think I wasn't clear on that crazyspin   I'm questioning the various S4 games I carry in the docs file and keeping changing the name according to which one I want to play.  Suzanne probably will understand my babbling because she's the one that suggested it.  It's not unusual for my circumlocatory elocution to be confusing... crazyspin

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:43 am

Hi Darlene - yep, I understood what you were asking :D

Lisa, I showed Darlene how to have multiple game loads (see picture below).

To be honest, I don't know, Darlene. Anytime I switch between game loads I always run the update and then do a Repair.

Note: If it has been awhile (more than a couple of weeks), I run all the sims4studio batch fixes before updating and repairing. :D

Basically, I follow the "better to be safe than sorry" rule, lol <3

Last edited by szanne7000 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the picture, lol :D)

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
skanning

Postskanning on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 am

Yup, you're right about running S4S batch fixes.  I do that also.  What was bothering me is that when I'd want to go into another game...and set it up as "The Sims 4" and try the update, it would tell me that my game was up-to-date.  But, I got to thinking (always a bit dangerous) that to the game's/Origin's questionable mind, it had already updated the game because to run them they all go in with the same name...if that makes sense.  Ah, well, I'll follow your lead and proceed.  (The real truth is that because I rarely play and spend most of my time building I often can't tell if the patch is in there or not.)  Now I have to stop coming up with questions and reasons to wait...and start pulling mods and updating.  pull hair out

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 am

I only had to pull one mod (atm by LittleMsSam), but it has already been updated...

...that said, possibly closing out of Origin and restarting it might give it a kickstart.

I don't switch game loads very often, generally when I'm testing a build or going back to an older one; however, I do re-run all batch fixes and the repair game when I do.

skanning

Postskanning on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

I just spent all evening over in the forums reading all 18 pages of comments on the patch/seasons and what wasn't working and what was updated and what was still okay.  My head is spinning.  Also read the twitter feed from one of the gurus and all the comments there.  It really seems like most of the trouble is EA's $#@!! stuff....I'm thinking til all the dust settles, I'm just going to play a vanilla game (not my main one) and be very cautious.  That's really the beauty of S2, ya know...EA doesn't have anything to do with it anymore summerB6

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 am

Definitely keep an eye on this thread, Darlene: SimsVIP Broken Mods Pre Seasons Patch - it is searchable and updated all day as information comes in...

...it has been a huge help, especially for players with lots of mods related to simmies.

For a builder like me, my only actual items not working are only not working in Live Mode (my default replacement terrains). They are working in Build Mode.

Do you keep mods related to sims in one place? If so, you can just pull that until you feel like updating them (and, as the mods are updated).

Also, this may be of use to players: Twistedmexi released a script file to fix the non-working sim cheat codes, here: Download Here...

...and, you can read all about it, here: SimsVIP Article Twistedmexi Seasons Cheat Code Fix

skanning

Postskanning on Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:04 am

yessireeeee....I gotta build a shrine to TM one of these days :-)  I spent all week sifting out the mods from the cc....I'd been meaning to do that anyway.  I was in the forums also; d/l updates.  Dumped all the see-thru roof tiles and such that I had in there.  Visited S4S and ran every batch file available.  I thought I was finally ready to fire it up....and.....it tells me I need to update with a new patch!  ^%$#@@  Now then, the somewhat negative mood I was in told me that it was very possible that the new patch would outdate the most recent updates...I've just been pummelled by EA too many times.  Yeah, it threw me a "game failed to load" when I tried to enter lots and suggested I relaunch.  Back to the forums, found 4 more updated mods... and then remembered that I had buried the scripts two deep with all the shuffling around.  Whatever!!  d/l the updated mods and shuffled the scripts and my game now seems alright (minus 40 terrains I had to give up)...It's no wonder Coolspear is lying low...BTW, suzanne, you are a real sweetheart :girlie5:

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Thank you, Darlene :D

...yep, awaiting Coolspear's updates, myself.

I am currently in my game and am attempting to finish a gift before updating, then re-checking the build, lol...

...we will see <3

skanning

Postskanning on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Notes:

1) It appears to me after rereading TM's description of his vampire toggle, that once used it operates across all saved games.  I will NOT play with vampires....so "tm.vampiretoggle off " it is .... once!
2)  It seems that taking out the terrain PAINTS wasn't necessary.  I missed some on the initial pass-through (probably files with had no key words for content).  Went I went into the terrains to replace ("55 build mods missing notice") with EA stuff and discovered a bunch of cc terrains which worked.  I didn't try them all but I'm going to replace those I took out. aha

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:45 am

I just came up for air after saving my build and exiting...

I'm glad to hear about TM's vampire toggle :D

I have k-hippie's undergrounds - these are working in build mode, but I'm not sure about live mode.

~~~
Of course, there is an Origin update AND a Game update.

...game update has failed, so I need to reboot and see if it will do it after that, lol (goodness, I hope so!)

skanning

Postskanning on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:16 pm

@szanne7000 - Yup - I'd waited to sign in once the patch was announced -  I have it set for automatic - until I'd bought the EP.  By the time I'd set all that up and entered the game, the game patch came up also :-(  So my installation went patch-EP-patch.  I had no idea what caused what.  BTW I recently read Cool's rant - I had to laugh but it's really not funny.  We may well lose him....  I'm about ready to try his mod that keeps the sims from trotting up with their dishes (past the kitchen sink and dw) to the bathroom.  Maybe it survived....

It does appear that any official d/l - be it EP, pack, or patch thru Origin - goes across all my games created per your method hugsmilie

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am

That is really great to know (across all loads), Darlene :D

I got my game reconfigured - I ended up pulling out affected plants and repairing...

...the problem was the update download stalled out. I had to reinstall Origin, then restart the download. Same thing with the patch that came.

I'm just glad it is all working again - had me a bit anxious for a bit, especially when sims4trayimporter counldn't find ts4! I had opened it to have something to do while I was reinstalling Origin - talk about a heart attack! LOL

Where did Cool write his rant? I'd love to see it found it; read it. I agree with him, wholeheartedly - I've already read the entire thing from TwistedMexi.

Last edited by szanne7000 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated my post <3)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum