Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» My trip to Canada
Today at 8:19 am by Lorry

» Sims 4 Studio UPDATED 16th July, 2018
Today at 8:16 am by Lorry

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 7:37 am by Lorry

» Testers Wanted
Today at 6:39 am by croiduire

» Speed builds
Today at 6:31 am by Broomhilda

» Tahoe´s new album 2 Sims 2 "Updated 15/7-2018
Today at 5:21 am by Tahoe

» Hi everyone!
Today at 4:21 am by neine

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Today at 4:18 am by neine

» hello I'm new here..
Today at 3:57 am by Easter01

» Rosanne's Album
Today at 2:48 am by Miabee

» TS4 Unicorn related CC
Today at 1:57 am by neine

» Happy Birthday Crissi
Yesterday at 11:11 pm by Crissi

» Treasure troll
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by Broomhilda

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Yesterday at 7:40 pm by neine

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by patty3060

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Career Rewards Bookshelf Sims2

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

croiduire
Total Awards : 1

Postcroiduire on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Broomie, I know exactly what the rewards bookcase does. Your sim can learn any skill, including logic, creativity, body, and charisma, at a 200% rate of speed. I get that. Sophie-David made it buyable here. Julsfels remeshed and defaulted that phenomenally ugly thing here, making the frame and the books both recolourable and slightly less ugly in the process (even without that absurd tome on top, it is still so top-heavy it drives me nuts). Shastakiss took Julsfels' defaulted mesh and tied it to Sohie-David's buyable rewards here. Install Sophie-David's mod and Shastakiss' addition. That way Carmen can take Julsfel's mesh and recolour it exactly to suit your taste. You will have all of the functionality; she will have a basic, straightforward recolouring job. Doesn't that make sense?

Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:21 pm

I downloaded the first link..couldn't find them in my game..did the second link..couldn't find that in my game..haven't done the third link..

I'm not downloading anymore..

Thank you Croi for your help bighugs2

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:08 am

This request inspired me to try something new! I made a buyable bookshelf that does everything the Reward bookshelf does but looks like the Sims Design Ave Castle of Shadows one. It's easy to recolor both the shelves and books. It should be easy to do this for other 1 tile bookshelves as well, but I haven't tried it yet. Would you like to have it?

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:26 am

wow, that is a beautiful bookcase. I always loved your creations! Sam will love this!
caravirt
Total Awards : 2

Postcaravirt on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:57 am

tilly wrote:Sam will love this!
And me too. :girlie5:

That´s a great idea and a magnificent realization. Thank you so much for this, Amy. :goldstars:

one life is too short ... thank god we´ve more than one  summerB15
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:53 am

OMG, amythestfenix, if Sam doesn't want it, I sure do! It looks like a...a real bookcase that won't crash over if it's jostled! :girlie5: Do you still have/may I have the PSD layers? Also, if you're willing, would you please do the Billy bookcase? I really like that mesh, and I've heard (I haven't tried yet) that it's quite easy to recolour too. thau

Edited to add: Also, I haven't a clue what the guts of this thing look like, but is there an editable tuning that could slow down the rate of skilling without disabling the basic functionality? I don't want skilling to be too easy (I play with extended lifespans and have a mod that significantly slows skill gain to make it more proportionate) but it has never made sense to me that making kissy-faces in a mirror or playing with a parrot builds charisma, but reading the great speeches of the past or studying the techniques of effective public speaking does not!

Also, Sam, I'm very surprised the rewards are not showing up for you. Are you sure you installed Sophie-David's mod in the right place? I don't know how your game is configured, but from the install instructions:
The Sims 2 in any configuration -
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

The Sims 2 Deluxe in any configuration -
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

The Sims 2 Double Deluxe in any configuration -
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

Shastakiss' addition is necessary for Sophie-David's mod to recognise Julsfels' new defaulted mesh, and goes in the exact same place.

Julsfels' mesh goes into your Downloads folder like any other default.

I have Double Deluxe; these mods are sitting in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and are working perfectly.

Last edited by croiduire on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:10 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Mooooare Ideas!)

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 am

This is beautiful Amy..yes I would please.. runcircle

Did you do this..??

Thank you Amy bighugs2

I would like to have more rustic look..old, worn out..books and bookcase..if that is possible..

I see that Carmen has commented lol..

Croi..I don't know why some are showing up and other's aren't..

I'm not feeling very well..been sleeping to the point of hurting when I get up..and wanting to throw up..and my mood is way down..
I'm sorry I have been short, with you on my comments..you have been trying and I really, really do mean this from the bottom of my heart..thank you for your help..it is much appreciated. bighugs2

Than a dang roach just started crawling across my screen right now.. crying I'm so tired.. crying crying

Sitting here crying right now..I think I have have finally lost my computer to the roaches.. crying crying

valentine1f

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:17 am

Thank you so much, Lisa, Carmen, and Croi, for your kind comments on my work! I really appreciate them :girlie5:

Here is the new bookshelf and a bunch of recolors (because I'm really pleased with it and plan to use it a lot, so I had to have it to match stuff I use all the time). Sorry, link removed- see post #137299.

Croi, I use a really old copy of Paint Shop Pro 7, so I've put my .psp template in the folder and also saved it as a .psd file. I hope your Photoshop can read either of them. I'm sure tuning could happen, but I currently don't know how to do it. I've looked at the Billy bookcase, but I don't know yet if my beginner's skill is up to pulling the mesh correctly as my first try crashed the game pull hair out

Sam, I'm so sorry you are not doing well; it sounds like life is awful for you now and I hope things get better soon!

Some pics of recolors- not all shown:

Last edited by amythestfenix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : file not working)
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:20 am

Thank you Amy bighugs2

Now which one of these do I download lol..

valentine1f

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:29 am

You are welcome!

If you click on the link, it will take you to the folder. You want the file that starts AmF. Download into your game, look at the recolors and delete the ones you don't want. The mesh bookcase (don't delete) looks like the one in the post #137248 picture (the very first one I posted).
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:32 am

Ok I have it..thank you so much bighugs2

I am going into the game now to check it out..give me a little bit..my game is slow lol..

valentine1f

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Ok have it in the game..and there was 3 downloads I only downloaded the first one..

And well only one came up..no other colors..and it's not functioning as the reward career bookcase..only getting 3 of the 7 functions..

Is this your bookcase Amy

valentine1f

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Croi..I just read your post..no I didn't do it that way..maybe that is why they are not showing up..

I'm not feeling good going back to bed..well first I'm going to get some soup..then get back to bed..

Thank you all so much for all your help..you have no idea how much you are all appreciated.. valentine1f

valentine1f

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Well, that is the bookcase. I'm not sure what's wrong so I'll go back and look at it some more. When you are feeling better could you tell me what functions you did get and which ones are missing for you? This is my first try at this, so I may have messed it up at some point.

Okay, it doesn't seem to be working correctly now, it only has regular FT/AL functions. I'm going to be playing with it some more to see what I messed up. baghead
croiduire

Postcroiduire on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Amythest, thank you so very much. I use the GIMP, and it opened the PSD perfectly; unfortunately, it can't read PSP files. I have one specific project in mind, and those overlays will be enormously helpful. See, I took one look at the top panel and thought to myself, "Oh, that's a sliding door. It just needs to be detailed." I am hoping to make it look like the bookcase on the far left here, but completely closed. (BTW, look familiar? lol)

Broomie, feel better soon. hugss

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:06 pm

It's ok Amy lol..

The only ones I got where Cooking, Mechanical, and Cleaning

Omgosh Amy and Croi that bookcase is gorgeous..you did that Amy..

If only that had the 7 functions to it lol..

Thank you girls for your help.. :girlie5:

valentine1f

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Okay, I can make it work with all functions as a default replacement (which was where I started, but I really wanted a stand-alone object). I thought that had happened, but no. So the one that I had up is being taken down (it's currently only acting just like a FT/AL version of the SDA gothic bookcase).

I will upload the default one but it needs Sophie-David's Career Rewards file from MTS and has to be put in the game program files. Still, I do think it looks much better and is more useful than the ugly Maxis one. It's really late now, so I'll get to that tomorrow.
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Thank you so much Amy.. bighugs2

I know Carmen will be thrilled as well hehe..

Can you make them a bit more old, rustic looking..at least the bookshelf itself..if not can I recolor it..or have Carmen do it..please..

I was going to send tilly a pm..grab Amy for resident artist..but then I seen where you are already a resident artist on sims2artist..dang it giggle

I could have sworn I was a member there..but both my user id's are not coming up..and when I tried to join it wouldn't let me..

valentine1f

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:34 am

I just can't make the stand-alone object work- now I'm not sure it ever had all the functions  baghead

However, the default is now up in this folder. The PSD is only for people who wish to recolor. I hope you will recolor and share! Croi, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with- more Cabin Grey stuff is always great.

You will need Sophie-David's Buyable Career Rewards from MTS to use this. Make sure you follow the directions for installing! My files go in the same place (the Bins folder). That's so they can't be deleted within game, which can cause bad things!

Pic of grungy, rustic recolors (shelf and books) which I hope will work for Sam:

Sam, send a pm to Huge Lunatic @ Sims2Artists and she'll help you get your account straightened out!

Last edited by amythestfenix on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:34 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : always thinking of more to say...)
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:20 am

Thank you so much Amy for trying and I love, love this look..

I am also going to have to remember this is a default..I have ALL defaults in one folder but since this isn't going in that folder omgosh..I will probably forget lol..

I will try it out here in a bit..I have my grandson for a while..

valentine1f

tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:22 am

Gorgeous bookcase, i love it....Thank you so much for doing this sweetie :girlie5:
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:08 am

Ok, Amy I am confused on what to do with MTS bookshelf..and which one of those to download and exactly where to put it..?????

I have the Ultimate Collection..

valentine1f

croiduire

Postcroiduire on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:50 am

Sam, download SDpatchSims2_Rewards.zip here. It's the first one in the list. Since you have UC, that's the one you need. I don't have UC, but I believe the path you must follow is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins. Install both Sophie-David's mod and amythestfenix's default bookcase in that folder, and you should be good to go.

Kate, can recolours go in Downloads, or should they be binned too?

amythestfenix

Postamythestfenix on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:39 am

Croi is right, Sam. Do what she said :)

Croi, recolors will work in Downloads; they will then be deletable from in game just like any other custom content item. I've been told that you don't want to delete the mesh file from in game because it can cause problems, but I 'm not sure about recolors. So I'd just put them in Bins with the mesh. They work fine there.

I'm glad that you all like this and I appreciate the nice compliments! I'm glad I saw Sam's request because it inspired me to try something new. I've only done default texture replacements before this and I'm pleased to find that mesh defaults are not as difficult as I thought.
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Sorry it took me so long..got them both download and in the right place off to check them in game..be back in a bit

It's Origin Games

Thank you both for your help.. bighugs2

Carmen how are you coming with the recolors lol

valentine1f

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum