Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday Crissi
Today at 1:20 am by Lorry

» My trip to Canada
Today at 1:19 am by Lorry

» Sims 4 Studio UPDATED 16th July, 2018
Today at 1:16 am by Lorry

» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 12:37 am by Lorry

» Testers Wanted
Yesterday at 11:39 pm by croiduire

» Speed builds
Yesterday at 11:31 pm by Broomhilda

» Tahoe´s new album 2 Sims 2 "Updated 15/7-2018
Yesterday at 10:21 pm by Tahoe

» Hi everyone!
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by neine

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by neine

» hello I'm new here..
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by Easter01

» Rosanne's Album
Yesterday at 7:48 pm by Miabee

» TS4 Unicorn related CC
Yesterday at 6:57 pm by neine

» Treasure troll
Yesterday at 3:03 pm by Broomhilda

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Yesterday at 12:40 pm by neine

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Yesterday at 12:34 pm by patty3060

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Patreon

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:50 am

I am hoping that someone can enlighten me about Patreon please

My perception of it is, we receive downloads before they are released to the community along with exclusive gifts, plus, NO ADVERTISING.

I support a few creators, so they are getting paid for their work......right?

I get really really angry when I click on a download link to a set, of which I have to download each item individually, and I get advertisements swear

BUT this is what makes me so f....king angry

This renders my computer useless

If I can't end task, then I have to restart.......this is precisely why I PAY for this NOT to happen.......WTF swear

Broomhilda
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:56 am

Suzanne will know what is happening..I have never used Patreon's CC..before..

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:13 am

Sam, Suzanne uses an Ad Blocker, so it may not affect her.

I did try one, but it BLOCKED everything including the download I was trying to get giggle

Besides if I am paying for no ads, then that's what I expect!
hmmm perhaps I am NOT paying for ads to be removed hmmm

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:17 am

I would check that out them Lorry lol...

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 am

LOL don't forget to read everything now.....sort of like the TOUs ROFL

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 am

That's funny ROFL

valentine1f

Miabee

PostMiabee on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 am

I think that has nothing to do with Patreon. I started supporting a few creators, and never have this problem.

I do have that message pop up on TSR though, because I had to disable Adblock on that site.

I think it is a Browser-Hijacker or however they are called. You should NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER click on anything in that window. Close the entire Browser Window at the top right corner of your browser. Never click on anything, not even the red x to close, in that window. When this pops up, I close the entire window or hit the back button several times.
Microsoft would never send you such a message.

I have AdBlock on, when I download Patreon things, and it does not cause any problems.

I use AdBlock and the paid Version of Bitdefender. I have not had any problems, and I download a lot. When I have to disable Adblock to download something, I pause Adblock just for that moment and I am careful to not click on anything until I reach the download links. Bitdefender still protects my system when Adblock is paused.
Miabee

PostMiabee on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:57 am

szanne7000
Tech Guru

Postszanne7000 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi Lorry - I'm in agreement with Brigitte.

First, you need, need, need a good antivirus program. ESET is excellent and is $40/year US for one computer...

...if you get it for two computers and/or a longer period of time, the price per computer goes down.

(1 computer, 2 years, $60, for example).

Here is a link: ESET NOD32 Antivirus

I am more than happy to skype and share screen to walk you through how to use AdBlocker with downloading...

...you just need to (a) protect yourself and your system, and (b) know what to click and, more importantly, what NOT to click.

Second, you need to send a message to whichever Creator's link resulted in that picture you showed us.

They may not be aware of this issue and link hijacking is a thing, unfortunately.

Last edited by szanne7000 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : highlighted the link, lol :D)

Thank you, Crissi, for my beautiful signature <3
tilly
Forum Boss
Total Awards : 5

Posttilly on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:43 pm

I had so many issues with this too. I have a good antivirus etc but the page would freeze and had to shut down my PC. I use Ublock origin now, and so far, that has completely resolved the issue.
TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:28 pm

I get this thing many times too. And I have a good Antivirus Programm. I dont have to restart my PC. I click Esc. and try to click the X from this message at the same time. That always work to click this message away.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:09 am

Thank you all for your feedback, I really appreciate your help.

Brigitte I did follow the link you provided, and I do exactly what they say to do.

Suzanne hubby did subscribe to an anti virus programme for 2 users a few weeks back and offered it to me, but I declined.  
Touch wood I have never had a virus.........oh gosh I shouldn't have said that computersmi

Tilly I might give that Ublock origin, because you and I seem to suffer the same issues

Tanja clicking the X has never worked for me.....I generally run with Task Manager, which I always have to do twice.

The thing is......why  does it only happen with this one creator and I wonder why she can't upload the whole set instead of individually.

I even have to download her preview and every single click has an ad.
I got that ad 3 times last week from clicking on the download link provided.

Her site is the same, for every click, there's an ad........is she being targeted or are we!

TaTschu
Resident Artist

PostTaTschu on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:48 am

Lorry, I think I know which creator you mean! Everytime when I click to the next site, a ad popup Window is open, then I click the download, get AdFly, than a picture of the CC comes with another Download Button...and AGAIN AdFly and a lot of ads. But I dont wanna make a Patreon and pay money for CC. The "Buy me a coffee" thing is totally fine, because is not a must.

But a lot of creators see in making CC just a money maschine. And I think thats not what it should be...

Miabee

PostMiabee on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:30 am

That is not right. If she/he is on Patreon there should be no ads before the download. That is what you pay for. No Ads whatsoever.
I would write to her/him, or to Patreon.

Tanja, don't klick the X in the Popup. Close the entire Browser Window. This Microsoft Scam does not do anything, unless you click on something in it. I just close the Browser-Window or hit the Back Button of my browser several times. I you click on the back button and keep the left mouse button pressed, there is like a drop down menue where you can choose where you want to got back to. At least that is how it is with Chrome.

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 am

Tanja and Brigitte YES, you now understand why I am so angry!

I feel I am being milked left right and centre, it's not enough that I am supporting this creator and have been for months.  I thought I was also contributing to 'No More Ads' as well.
I pay also payTSR for the priveldge of  not having to put up with ads, and I get exactly what I pay for.

Tanja you are so right when you said 'creators see in making CC just a money machine'
And then they have all these  RULES for their content.  help4 I'm drowning in Ad fly and Rules
It was never like this in Sims 2 or 3.  Sims 4 has bought out all the fun suckers it seems.  This is no longer a game, it's a business. comp4

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:59 am

I always said stick with Sims2 lol..

I am sorry that everyone is going through this.. consol1

there is no way I am going to Sims4.. tilly where is my "on strike" smilie impatient

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 am

ROFL Yeah we want that back!
I didn't realise it had gone

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:26 am

It's been gone for months..there are several that I used a lot and are gone..but that on strike one is mandatory to get back angry giggle

valentine1f

Miabee

PostMiabee on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 am

What I don't understand though.......I support Felixandre. Because I needed the Little Trianon Doors and Windows for a house I downloaded. So went and searched for him and thought I would try out what I get for 5 $, which is about 4,60 EUR.

He sends me an E-Mail with the links. I do have to download every item seperatly but when I click on his links it takes me straight to the download. And it is fast too.

So how is this different from your supported Creator Lorry?
Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:20 am

Brigitte I also get sent an email with a link to the download.

When I click on the links to the downloads, it activates an advertisement.  So if there are 4 pieces in the set, that's 4 ads with the chance of the one I have posted here, which I can only delete through End Task or I have to restart.

I just don't think it's fair that I have to put up with this when I am paying for access to the download.

I just found this, sorry you have to get around the ads!

THIS

Miabee

PostMiabee on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 pm

You have ads when you click on the link you put up above? I have no ads at all when I click on your link.

It goes straight to the page. This is what I see when I click. No ads near or far.

When I click on Felixandre's links it take me straight to his Onedrive Folder. And yes, like I said, there I have to download each item individually. But also there are no ads near or far.

I am thinking, maybe you have some kind of malware on your computer. But then, I have AdBlock. I would not ever want to live without it. It is always the first thing I install when I get a new computer. It's just an adon to Chrome and it is so easy.

Regardless. Write to Patreon and the creator and tell them what is happening when you try to download something.
Miabee

PostMiabee on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:13 pm

You need somebody that supports the same creator, and see if their experience is the same as yours.
Miabee

PostMiabee on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:44 am

Lorry, you are right.

Those Patreon Files are stored on Mediafire. And when you click on download, it opens another window with some kind of ad.
I did not pay much attention to that, because it opens in a separate window for me, and I just close it.

But you are absolutely right. It is not your computer. It is the creator that is on Patreon and still stores his/her files behind some ads.

It is late here, but I will definately write a message to that creator tomorrow.
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:51 am

I get that pop up window all the time when I use Mediafire..it's annoying..but I also don't pay for no ads..

I just x out of that ad..

valentine1f

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:25 am

Miabee wrote:Lorry, you are right.

Those Patreon Files are stored on Mediafire. And when you click on download, it opens another window with some kind of ad.
I did not pay much attention to that, because it opens in a separate window for me, and I just close it.

But you are absolutely right. It is not your computer. It is the creator that is on Patreon and still stores his/her files behind some ads.

It is late here, but I will definately write a message to that creator tomorrow.

Brigitte Thank you bighugs2

I have contacted Patreon, whether I will hear anything back, I don't know. I feel this creator is 'double dipping'

One of the reasons I supported this creator, was because the website is a nightmare to download anything facepalm

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum