Announcements
Welcome to Bloom! If you are new here, please visit our Getting Started section. You need 10 posts to access our Artists downloads. If you would like to join our team as an Artist, send Tilly a PM for more info There's lots going on for our Summer @ Bloom Watch this space!
Hello!
Staff Online
Latest topics
» The Mix: A chat thread for all members
Today at 12:37 am by Lorry

» Testers Wanted
Yesterday at 11:39 pm by croiduire

» Speed builds
Yesterday at 11:31 pm by Broomhilda

» My trip to Canada
Yesterday at 11:25 pm by Broomhilda

» Tahoe´s new album 2 Sims 2 "Updated 15/7-2018
Yesterday at 10:21 pm by Tahoe

» Hi everyone!
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by neine

» 'what are you watching on' Hulu or Netflix
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by neine

» hello I'm new here..
Yesterday at 8:57 pm by Easter01

» Rosanne's Album
Yesterday at 7:48 pm by Miabee

» TS4 Unicorn related CC
Yesterday at 6:57 pm by neine

» Sims 4 Studio UPDATED 16th July, 2018
Yesterday at 5:42 pm by anidup

» Happy Birthday Crissi
Yesterday at 4:11 pm by Crissi

» Treasure troll
Yesterday at 3:03 pm by Broomhilda

» Favorite Rooms To Decorate
Yesterday at 12:40 pm by neine

» Blondes Vs brunettes!
Yesterday at 12:34 pm by patty3060

If you love our forum...
Whats new?

TS4: Sydney by Lorry

TS4: Bowls for Matt by Anidup

TS4: 1 Bloom Terrace by Lorry

TS4: Royal wedding souvenirs by Ivy Rose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Ayanna by Tilly Tiger

TS4: Provence painting collection by Anidup

TS4: Bradford way by Lorry

TS4: Girly wallpaper by TaTschu

TS4: Lavender bedroom by IvyRose

TS4: Bunnies and chicks paintings by Ivyrose

TS4: Painting collection by Anidup

TS4: In the garden - Ivy by Tilly

TS4: Japanese House by Lovias

TS4: French dining curtains by Anidup

TS4: Shoreham Wharf by Tilly Tiger

Top posting users this month

Brigitte's Windenburg - Update - Old Oak Inn - 14.07.2018

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miabee

PostMiabee on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 pm

This is one of the houses I have been building in Windenburg.

It is called The Blue Family House. I am not sure where the name came from, maybe the Lot was called that way.

It has no Inhabitants yet. I am thinking about a family of 4. Mother, Father, 2 Teenage-Girls. I do  not like Toddler oder Baby rooms. So nobody in Windenburg has Toddlers oder Babies :-D

It is a two story house, and has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

The first floor:

When you come in, there is a little laundry room to the left.

Then you come into the kitchen/dining area. The dining area looks a little bit empty. The house was too big when I built it and I played around with floor plan, but could not come up with a better solution since the second floor was ready.

Last edited by Miabee on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Miabee

PostMiabee on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:39 pm

The living room

A little hallway. There is a bathroom to the right, and a guestroom to the left. The guest room also has a little patio area. In case they want to smoke.
They can smoke outside. Nobody wants smoke in the house :-D

The bathroom

The guest room

The second floor:

The Master Bedroom

Miabee

PostMiabee on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:50 pm

with Ensuite Bathroom

It was hard to take pictures of it. No matter how many walls I tore down :-D

There is a little outside area (is it patio?balcony?) that you can access from the Master Bedroom and the Ensuite Bathroom.

A little office

One of the bedrooms for the girls. Well maybe the are not young teenager. Almost grown up teenager maybe :-D They-like-clean-rooms-age-old :-D
I am not so happy with this room. Not sure why. Not sure what to change.

The second Girls Bedroom

Miabee

PostMiabee on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 pm

They share a bathroom. They also each have access to a patio/balcony/outside thingy. You can also go outside from the bathroom.

BBQ / Breakfast Area

Lounge Area

Sun Area

Voila! The Blue Family House in Windenburg :-D

Miabee

PostMiabee on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:10 pm

They do not have a car. When I started building I did not have cars, and I did not think about parking spaces or garages.

They also don't have a fence or hedge around their property. I did not think about them either, when this house was built.
It is next to the street though, so I might add some kind of fence or hedge :-)

And they do need a car. I might add that too.
anidup
Administrator
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Postanidup on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Brigitte, I love how you introduced every part of the house.
But allow me to say.... the house is gorgeous. I am in awe for the BIG spaces you have.
Your sim people will have enough space to grow here.

I like every room and the way you decorated it. I don't think the dining is too empty. Imagining the four inhabitants moving around getting busy to go to work/school, this may just keep them out each others way.

I had a giggle when I read about the smoking outside thing..... my son smokes, and he does that outside too. Even on cold evenings.... LOL.

Love your style, and I am looking forward to see more of your pictures.
Rosanne

PostRosanne on Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:00 am

I love the mixture of rustic and modern. Really nice claphands1

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 am

I am so happy that you have started your Portfoloio, it's so nice to be able to share your work with people who are really interested in looking at it. Sometimes I ask my husband or my daughter for a critique, and all I get is, 'oh that's nice' giggle

I love everything about your build, and I would not change a thing good6

Camera angles can be tricky and I am definitely not very good at taking pictures but, if you go into live mode, you can alter the camera angle with ctrl/shift and using one of the up or down arrows. Clicking TAB in live mode can also help with zooming in or out. The only thing is, you must have a Sim in game to be able to switch to live mode!

Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 am

I am thrilled you started an album and love that house and your pictures are gorgeous f

Time for a Spring Siggi lol
Thank you so much Crissi, it's beautiful
~hugs and smiles my dear, dear BFF's~
I am so proud of all of you..
valentine1f
Friends call me Sam(F) or Broomie or Broomhilda

KittyKookay

PostKittyKookay on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:22 am

I love your house, so many nice details!!!! Well done :girlie5:
Miabee

PostMiabee on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:34 am

Thank You :-)

I do love large rooms. For me large rooms are better to build than small ones. Also I want my houses to be playable. This one has not been tested yet. But I do move things around when they block my Sims or keep them from using something.

There are beautiful houses to download, but then they have ceiling beams (which look great, but I always tear them down accidentally when in Build Mode :-D) and many small rooms. I like my walls to be up, and with these small rooms you can never really get in there with the walls up.

Yes Lorry, I am so happy to be here. To be able to talk to people about the game, and being taken seriously :-D when you tell somebody about your houses or your game, that does not know or play Sims, they always look at you kind of weird :-D

And yes, it feels so nice to be able to show what you have built :-)

When I get some time tonight, I'll take pictures of the next house :-)
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm the same way the larger the room the better lol..so the sims don't stand around and wave their arms because they can't get around something lol..

valentine1f

Trizia

PostTrizia on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Just discovered your house, a beautiful home, all rooms well decorated.
Miabee

PostMiabee on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:34 pm

This is a mixture of pictures and a story. It is the tree's fault. I saw the tree, and could not help myself. I read and watch too much fantasy :-D

So I have been replacing all of the community lots in Windenburg.

I downloaded this version of the Screeching Lama because I liked the way it looked on the outside.
When I took a closer look at it, I saw the it had a small living area in the back and I instantly got lost in decorating it.

This story kept playing through my mind while I was decorating. Later I realised that I would never be able to really play there, since Sims can not live on community lots. But they can visit. The problem with that is, that they and the other Sims that show up trample all over the place. Such an unromantic, rude bunch they can be :-D I tried locking all the doors, but I can’t since my Sims don’t live there.  I renamed the Screeching Lama. I hated that name. I named it Old Oak Inn.

The Old Oak Inn

The very old book of Myth and Legends of Windenburg in the library says that this was once a place of old and ancient magic, with a big a majestic weir wood tree at the centre.  Historians say finds suggest, this was probably a place of religious rituals in ancient times.

The weir wood tree is long gone. A different tree has now grown in it’s place. No less majestic but so much younger, and without the old magic. Some nights though, you can still feel the old power.

About 4 decades ago (I am thinking I should change the timing and set this back a couple of hundred years), there used to be a house underneath the oak tree by the river. A young woman lived there, in a small house with a beautiful garden. She was an herbalist. Some say, she was a witch. Nobody knew much about her. She kept to herself.  Some feared her. They said it was like she could look right through a person, straight into their soul. There was an old image of her, in which she’s laughing in front of a waterfall, her thick red hair falling around her shoulders. Nobody knows, who took this image. She looks very happy and seems to be looking at somebody she loves.

She had a baby. A little girl. There was much talk about who the father might be.

One dull, cold morning mid-November she was found dead in her house.  The police later said she died of natural causes. But people swear they saw strangling marks on her neck. The baby was never found. There was no autopsy, no investigation. The authorities were quick to close the case on the women, nobody ever really knew, and most thought that was strange and were happy to forget about. Sometimes, when it is quiet, you can still hear a woman weeping. Her name was Cailyn. Nobody should be without a name.

The area underneath the Oak Tree has been turned into a park.

Marguerida Alton (yes I love, love, love Marion Zimmer-Bradley’s Darkover Zyklus) is a successful lawyer. She is in her late 30ies. She has bought the Old Oak Inn. She has left everything behind. Her family, her husband, her work. Growing up, she had always felt she did not belong. Her father, a successful lawyer himself, was never present. He was always working. Her mother had been distant.

She had married the man she was expected to marry. He had been a good man. She had always been able to see things, know things. When she told her mother about this, she had sent her to a therapist. She had stopped talking about the things she sensed and saw.

She worked and built a career. Married, bought a house, planted a tree. But was never happy.
When they lost their little girl at birth, she had drowned in a cold and dark sea. Her soul had frozen.

One night she dreamt of a little girl with auburn hair and bright green eyes smiling at her. She felt such Love, and for the first time she was able to breathe again.

She told her husband that she was leaving him. He had never really understood. He wanted her to go on, to have another child, to be her old self again. There was no big drama. She did not feel any sorrow. She was sure his assistant Emily would take good care of him.  She sold everything she owned, packed a few things in her car and drove to Windenburg. She had rad an ad about a small Inn being sold. The ad had a strange pull on her. She felt drawn to this town.

She bought the Inn. Renovated it. She was thinking about turning it into a B&B as there were still some empty rooms on the second floor. She wanted to buy a kitchen and offer small meals.

In the summer there were many tourists stopping by. In winter it was quiet. She had hired a couple of young people from the town to work in the bar. She loved Windenburg. For the first time she felt at peace.

She often stopped by the Café in town and watch the street artist.

Sometimes she would go to the restaurant by the sea and watch the sunset.

She felt a strange kind of connection to Cailyn’s story and often wondered what had really happened to her. Sometimes, on long winter nights, she would hear a woman cry in the distance. There was so much sorrow in that sound, it made her cry.

Most of the time though, she felt very happy. She strangely felt home. It felt like she had somehow come home.

Miabee

PostMiabee on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Miabee

PostMiabee on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Miabee

PostMiabee on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:47 pm

Well, the story is probably a little bit cheesy :-D But it kept going through my mind while I was building. There are several directions the story could go now. Not sure about that yet.

I hope, it was not all too bad having to read through all of this, to get to the pictures :-)
Broomhilda

PostBroomhilda on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:08 pm

Awesome Brigitte..I love, love it..the story, the decorating and the pictures..beautiful job on all 3..I can't wait to read/pictures more.. f happypopcorn

valentine1f

Rosanne

PostRosanne on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:38 am

I really like the pictures - can't wait to see more! I love the lace curtains in the first set of pics!! Did you make those?

anidup
Administrator

Postanidup on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:45 am

Mia, I loved the story! I hope you are going to tell us more about her life in Windenburg..... and if she is the baby who disappeared.

You know you can live on a community lot...... buy a small empty lot and move your sim there. Then travel to the community lot and just stay there.
The only time the game will take you back to the home lot, is when your sim has a baby. But after the baby grew up, you can go back to the community lot.
Then click on the lightning icon on the other sim's icon and select "bring sim here", and your family will be there with you.
If you have another sim having a career or go to school, they will go back to the home lot after work or school, but with a mere click you can bring them back to the lot you want to live in.
You should try it.
Miabee

PostMiabee on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 am

No I do not create cc myself. I am not that talented Rosanne :-)

This is the Trousseau Lace Curtain Set by Devilicious. I love her curtains and use the alot.

The link is here: Devilicious Lace Curtains

Thank You :-)

I did travel there with one, no actually two, of my Sims Anita. But since it is a bar, a ton of other Sims kept showing up, walking all over the place. You can lock the door at your home for certain sims, but appearantly not at a community lot. I put my Sims to sleep in the bedroom, and ended up deleting the tv I had there, because other Sims kept walking in turning on the tv. They don't even care if somebody is sleeping in that room :-D If there is a tv they go in there. No matter who is in there :-D You also can not tell them to leave, like you can in your home. They kept overthrowing the trash can and laughing about it. At one point I wanted to delete them ALL :-D

Oh well, I will see where it takes me. I have lots of houses in Windenburg, that I am still building, some need a makeover, some I am not sure I will keep. It will keep me busy for some time.

Well Marguerida could be the baby that disapeared. If I put the incident with Cailyn a couple of hundreds years back in time, it could be Marjas Grandmother, or GreatGreatGreat-Grandmother, that bought the Old Oak Inn, and she could be the baby and Marja is the one discovering her grandmothers heritage.

Or both women could heal themselves by Marja investigating and finding out what really happened and bringing justice to Cailyn, since if this were a book, everybody would be expecting Marja to be that baby.

I need to wait for my muse to come back :-D

Rosanne

PostRosanne on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks so much for the link to the curtains. And I'm sure you are really talented -- it's evident in your pictures koalahug

Lorry
Resident Artist

PostLorry Yesterday at 1:27 am

Oh my gosh Brigitte you have left me speechless......lol sitting here with my mouth open wide giggle
You have an amazing talent, and I did mean to read the story, but I was so distracted by your beautiful pictures.

I am so happy you have joined us (I know I am repeating myself) but it's always so enjoyable to talk to 'like minded' people, as you said in a previous post.

One stalking fan deserves another thlol Here I am!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum