Cherryblossomsims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please download

Please read: Important changes to our site

+3
Crissi
Broomhilda
blondie1224
7 posters

Go down

Please read: Important changes to our site Empty Please read: Important changes to our site

Post by tilly Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Hello dear members,
We have some news about important changes to our site.
As Admins, we have been in discussion for some time about the future of our forum.
There have been many changes in our forum host which have not been happy about. We pay for a lot of extras on this forum, such as keeping it advertisement free, copyright free and for additional extras for you all to enjoy. The changes have meant that we have to pay even more, but for things we don’t need or use here. In addition to this, the current forum software (how it displays) is no longer being supported by the creators or updated, which causes conflicts and coding issues on our site, meaning it doesn't work as well as it should.

Our forum has indeed grown, but we feel what we have going on here can seem a bit overwhelming and difficult to navigate, particularly with post counts and downloads. So, with this in mind, we have decided to simplify our structure.
Recently, as Admins, we have had changes in our real lives which means we have less time to devote to the considerable work this forum needs.
Crissi, our forum founder, has decided to retire. She has devoted a lot of time, work and attention to this forum and I know it was a hard decision for her to make. I was honoured when Crissi gave me the forum several years ago and she has supported me enormously throughout the process to develop this site for our members and artists. Thank you Crissi for everything you have done for this forum and for me personally, you are a very dear friend.
Anita and I have decided we are not yet ready to retire and have been in discussion about the way forward for us, our artists and our active members. We have considered many options, but due to the issues with our current host, we have decided to move our site and start over together.
Our new site is now up and running, but still being developed to find the best way forward for us and our talented artists and members.
This site is now closed to new members but we will NOT be closing this site.
Our downloads will remain here for everyone to enjoy. You will not need to be a member and no post counts will be needed to download from our resident artists. We have some wonderful gifts here on this forum and we want to preserve those, but they will be free to download and no membership required.
All other areas on this site will be closed shortly.

Our new site

We invite you all to join us at our new site and we look forward to seeing you all there. Our creative artists are all joining us and we have exciting plans for the future and hopefully some very talented new artists joining us. All new updates and our downloads will be at our new site with immediate effect.
You can join our site and find out more HERE

Thank you to all of our lovely members who have helped us make this site a friendly and welcoming place to be. Come along and join us at the new site!

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here.
Thank you!

Tilly and Anidup

Last edited by tilly on Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Total Awards : 5
Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Back to top Go down

Please read: Important changes to our site Empty Re: Please read: Important changes to our site

Post by blondie1224 Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:59 pm

when i try to click the HERE for the new site it wont let me do anything, how can i find the new site?
blondie1224
blondie1224

Back to top Go down

Please read: Important changes to our site Empty Re: Please read: Important changes to our site

Post by Broomhilda Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Thank you blondie for letting us know that link isn't working..tilly will fix it as soon as she can...
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:19 pm

Its fixed (there is also a link in the "Join us" box at the top of the forum (just in case, lol)
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crissi Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Thank you soooo much Lisa for your sooo nice words *blush*. sham I had been so happy that you have taken the forum years ago to save this place for our members.
And you did such an awesome job with it. I can't say it as offen as needed - Thank you so much Dear Friend. pray And although the Cherryblossomsims Time is almost over ..
all our creations will stay here for everyone - that means so much to me. And as you all know I am so happy that you and Anita created a new wonderful place
for our "Family and Friends". And be sure I will be visit you all very offen tschak
Crissi
Crissi
Administrator

Total Awards : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahoe Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:57 pm

This is certainly a stupid question but ...
I have registered on the new page and received an email that I'm "accepted" but I do not understand how to comment to post, I just find a button for a new post.
I was going to start a new album, does it work like before?
Tahoe
Tahoe
VIP Member

Total Awards : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by szanne7000 Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:27 am

Marie - just go below the post - there is an area to post a comment at the bottom of any other comments that are already there.

• Go to the bottom of the post and below any comments.

• Enter your comment in the text box (it will show your name). Click Publish.

• You are all done :D

Here is an example from Brigitte's build post :D

Please read: Important changes to our site Commen12

Please read: Important changes to our site Commen10

Please read: Important changes to our site Commen11
szanne7000
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 am

Suzanne you are fast! Thank you
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahoe Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Thank you Suzanne.
It's always a problem for me before I learn how something works. dontgetit
Tahoe
Tahoe
VIP Member

Total Awards : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by szanne7000 Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:47 pm

You are both very welcome :D
szanne7000
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by jlouis Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello,
           Donc, adieu les Sims 2 , dommage !  
           Fidèle aux Sims 2 , je vous dis adieu et un grand Merci pour toutes vos superbes créations.
           Longue vie à votre nouveau site.
jlouis
jlouis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down