Cherryblossomsims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please download

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2)

+8
Lorry
Alouette
Chicklet45368
Crissi
maryann
tilly
anidup
Broomhilda
12 posters

Go down

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) Empty Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2)

Post by Chicklet45368 Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi all!
I bring you my first ever TS2 recolor! I struggled with it since it was so different than recoloring for TS4, it was a slow process but I'm sure it will get easier and more natural as I continue to do more.

This set is inspired by the recent "gray text" issue the forum was having a few weeks ago. So I named the set in honor of that!

May I present ..... "Gray Is The New Black"!!

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) Gray_Is_The_New_Black_Ad_Pic

INCLUDES
Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) Gray_Is_The_New_Black_-_Includes_Pic

Special thanks to the awesome and talented creators for sharing their work! Meshes by Pocci, OhBehave, Suza, Sims In Paris, Anna, & Parsimonious)
All meshes included (Please let me know if you have any issues, since this is my first time sharing a TS2 creation.)

Rug Mesh by EA - Requires EP 9
Chair Mesh by EA - Requires EP 10

DOWNLOAD
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Back to top Go down

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) Empty Re: Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2)

Post by tilly Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Wow! This is a very beautiful set. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Members will love it! I love the colours and textures you have used.
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Total Awards : 5

Back to top Go down

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) Empty Re: Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2)

Post by Chicklet45368 Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Awww, tysm! I enjoy creating so much, I love to share with anybody who may want it in there game too! I have already converted the sofa and separated the pillows to TS4. I was thinking of recreating the same room for TS4 as well because I want this in my game! LOL
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:02 pm

It's absolutely beautiful TJ..and I know I plan on using them in my game..hehe I love the title..
And congrats your first TS2 recolor..

I got it..will check it out later on this evening..thank you TJ :sweetdance:
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by anidup Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 pm

This is a gorgeous set!
I am happy to find another creator who likes to recolor sets.... my favourite way as well.
anidup
anidup
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments! You girls rock! And, yes, I love to do sets, and when I used to create for Second Life, I did entire outfits with accessories in my store. I am the same in RL when I buy gifts for xmas, I normally buy several things that are part of a set, whether it be decor for my oldest daughter's house, or clothing for my other daughters. (I get them complete outfits with purses, hats, scarves, shoes, jewelry, belts, etc) ... I go a little overboard sometimes!

And, I am the same way when I create for the Sims, I see something and I'm ohhh wow! that would be perfect in this room, and it gets added, I have to tell myself to stop!

But, this room was giving me fits, It was supposed to have a lamp included in the set, I recolored 2 different lamps and NEITHER of them would the lampshade recolor show up, it showed in the catalog view, but when I placed it was the same brown and orange lampshade ... I gave up! LOL
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:17 pm

From what I can remember, there are two images to recolour in the lamps: the lit and the unlit. Could that be the problem?
And yes, please, I would love this set for sims 4!
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Total Awards : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Well it could have been, but I imported the shade texture twice on each lamp, that's what I was thinking too, but neither one showed up so I found a very nice lamp that I was happy with that fit in with my design and called it a day! LOL
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by maryann Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Beautiful set TJ. I like these colors and I am very happy that it is for the sims 2. Thank you so much!    :summerBa:
maryann
maryann
Resident Artist

Total Awards : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:54 pm

You're quite welcome Dany and thank you for the wonderful compliment, I hope you enjoy it in your game!
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Mon May 01, 2017 12:19 am

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) 0_93be11   super super beautiful ... Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) Hoi_112
Anonymous
Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Crissi Mon May 01, 2017 11:33 am

So gorgeous work here - thank you so much for sharing it :bravo: f
Crissi
Crissi
Administrator

Total Awards : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks Crissi & Poppy for your wonderful compliments, I'm so glad you like it!
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alouette Wed May 03, 2017 12:59 am

Thanks for this set and the recolors! I can never get enough gray and white furniture and decorations in my game.  claphands1
Alouette
Alouette
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Wed May 03, 2017 1:53 am

Did you say you are converting this for Sims 4...... runcircle
Love what you have done here, it looks beautiful
Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Sun May 07, 2017 9:57 pm

I just realized something..I download this but I didn't find it in my game..along with a few of Carmen's things..hmmmmm..this is very strange..now to go find them..going to take all my CC out except the folders with these items and Carmen's items..and see if they show up..omgosh..
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Mon May 08, 2017 12:27 am

Well I am not finding yours..I redownload it and everything

I have no idea where these came from..I don't have these download in my folder??? so not sure how they are even in there..

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) 53351g

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) 2rwb6o7

These are Carmen's

Gray Is The New Black Living Room (TS2) 106wtiv

This is all the CC I have in my game..
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon May 08, 2017 1:05 am

Well the top one is the orig mesh that I recolored, so that's probably how you have that in your game if you put everything from my zip file in your downloads folder.

The rest I have no idea (unless that's what the original creators cloned to make their objects from). I only recolored them and didn't change any mesh because I'm not sure how to in TS2.
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Mon May 08, 2017 2:21 am

Shut I think the top was dang it I'm having a brain fart..it is here in one of the host pages..I will remember it here in a minute..

I put everything in the downloads folder..they are all there..just not in the game..

I did find your rug..but that is all I found..nothing else..

I also found a lot of other things that I have no idea where they came from..omgosh..I have pictures just don't have the patience to put them up right now..and I don't even have the downloads in my game..so not sure where all these items came from..
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon May 08, 2017 2:23 am

Have you downloaded any houses or anything that they might have been packaged with?
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Mon May 08, 2017 6:00 am

No I took all my downloads out except for yours and Carmen"s..I don't know I have been through this before..I just have to figure out what I am doing different so I can straighten this out..
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by Easter01 Sat May 20, 2017 4:33 pm

TJ,

I love this set so much that I downloaded it twice. The first I placed on my extended drive for safe keeping and the second to put into my Sims 2 game.

I love, love, love your artwork. Thank you so much for sharing.

Easter01

:Multistars:
Easter01
Easter01

Total Awards : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by inari93 Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Gorgeous set :girlie5:
inari93
inari93

Back to top Go down

Post by NanaWildflowers Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:06 am

I really love the texture you used on that little table.
Thank you.
NanaWildflowers
NanaWildflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeasabird Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am

Sims 4 Studio makes everything so easy changing to Sims 2 is a real shock. You have my empathy. Brilliant job on these though, love the colours and textures bighugs2
Freeasabird
Freeasabird
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down