Cherryblossomsims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please download

All about me.

+2
tilly
anidup
6 posters

Go down

All about me. Empty All about me.

Post by IvyRose Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Well what can I say about myself?

I feel honoured to be asked to be part of the team here, this is one of the friendliest and warmest forums around, with such talented and lovely people.

I've been playing Sims since it first came out and was called The Sims but is now lovingly referred to as Sims 1. I loved it and became addicted which is weird because I've never really been a game player, strangely enough I actually saw the game advertised in a copy of Ideal Home magazine. As soon as Sim 2 came out I bought as I found Sims 1 no longer held my attention although I did build houses and made skins I think they were called for a Historical Sims site, can't remember its name. I never got into object recolouring in TS2 but did build house and upload them to TSR I loved TS2 and had no intention of getting TS3 but my son bought it for me for my birthday. In TS3 I built lots and uploaded them to Sim Pearls, I did some recolouring and created lots of patterns. I wasn't going to get TS4 (do you see a pattern here lol) mainly because I have an iMac and at first it wasn't compatible then they updated and it was but it wasn't until Jan 15 when it was offered at half price I finally succumbed and bought it. I love it and I would not go back to any of the other versions I like to move forward not only in Sims but in life. I do not like dwelling on what's been but want to embrace what's coming no matter how bad it might seem.
In TS4 I built as I have in all the games but recently S4S released Candy Apple a programme that lets us mac user create and recolour and Oh My Gosh am I addicted, well until Cats and Dogs came out I'm so I'm just discovering all the new features.

I'm a mature lady of 53, married for 32 years with three grown up children, my oldest daughter had just got engaged (on Halloween at Disney World), my youngest daughter the middle child has given me by two beautiful grandchildren (Danny and Lillie) and my son is my life saver as he is the full time carer for my husband so that I can continue to work. I have five (yes 5) made cats so my family lovingly refer to me as the cat lady LOL. We are hoping to move soon from our large house to a smaller more appropriate to the needs of my husband apartment.

I love pink it's my favourite colour, I've very girly and also love vintage style things. I work in at an Academy in the South East of England teaching English to pupils whose English is not their first language and I also do a lot of admin work supporting pupils with Special educational Needs. The Academy is what's know as a through school currently pupils are aged from 4 years to 19 years, but in January we will be opening a Nursery so the starting age will be 6 months.

Oh dear I think I've waffled on long enough.

Oh and my TOU - Have fun and enjoy what I create do whatever you like with it just don't tell people you did because that's dishonest. behappy
IvyRose
IvyRose
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

All about me. Empty Re: All about me.

Post by anidup Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Nikki, once again a special word of welcome to the team. I am so happy you have joined as well.
It feels as if I have known you forever, and am really looking forward to working with you.
I love your intro.
anidup
anidup
Administrator

Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 pm

I really enjoyed reading your about me page. And the cat lady, that made me laugh. :Autumn2017_10:
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Total Awards : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Congrats Nikki..and I have always loved your designs and creations..so this is so awesome and an honor to have you here at Bloom@CBS..
Can't wait to see what you come up first..

Oh, I love your about me page..awesome..
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Wonderful intro Nikki! I loved learning more about you personally and about your simming experience too! I'm so happy that you've joined our family and I know your creations will be a big hit with our members!
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 pm

hellowave hello Ivyrose.. 
                            We have known each other for a while.
                                  I met you first at simspearls. I made it an avatar for you, do you remember that? lol..

It is so nice that you are here on bloom now too.  express
Anonymous
Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by IvyRose Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:24 am

Thank you for your comments everyone, yes Anneke I do remember you doing that, I still have it somewhere on my desktop.
IvyRose
IvyRose
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by szanne7000 Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 am

It was great to read more about you and your history with sims, Nikki <3

I am so happy that you were asked to be a Resident Artist! :D

I look forward to lots and lots of great things from you.

5 cats? lol...

...I have 3.

...we can be cat ladies together <3
szanne7000
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by IvyRose Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:25 pm

LOL, thanks Suzanne you can imagine my excitement to have Cats and Dogs in my game now, One that move and are not just statues. LOL.
IvyRose
IvyRose
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by szanne7000 Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:12 pm

I can, Nikki! :D

I still like deco people and pets when I can use them, though...

...no catching themselves on fire or anything else terrible, LOL!
szanne7000
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum