Cherryblossomsims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please download

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings

+10
szanne7000
darksyngr
Chicklet45368
Crissi
IvyRose
anidup
tilly
Oldbox
Alouette
Broomhilda
14 posters

Go down

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings Empty My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings

Post by darksyngr Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:21 am

I know it isn't much but below are my very first attempts at recolor.

Thank you TJ for stepping me through the programs and being patient with me.
Thank you Lorry for helping me locate the frames.
Thank you Suzanne for your help in all things technical.

A special thanks to the Numbers Woman on TSR for providing the mesh for the frames on the girls.
You can find her work on TSR HERE

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings New_Orleans_preview

Download Here

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings MGG_Preview2
My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings MGG_Preview1

Download Here
darksyngr
darksyngr

Back to top Go down

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings Empty Re: My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings

Post by Broomhilda Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:39 am

These are beautiful..Melisa..I am very proud of you..and your first recolor..you should be proud of them as well..not much puffffff..that is a lot in your first attempt..and I promise you, you are hooked now hehe

Job well done..I love them.. :rose2:
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Back to top Go down

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings Empty Re: My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings

Post by Alouette Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:13 am

Job well done, Melisa! claphands1 I think they're so great for your first conversion. That's more then I have ever done.
Alouette
Alouette
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by darksyngr Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:18 am

Thank you, Sam :) I knew I would be hooked, lol... as I told TJ it doesn't matter what I am doing (plying sims, decorating, or creating) as long as I am happy doing it :p

For now I am going to focus on paintings because there are so little out there (wall hangings) that fits my style. Once I get comfortable I will branch out. In mean time I will be building my textures library.

I should also point out the artist that did the pencil drawings of the Mardi Gras girls... his name was James Russell (RIP) and was/is very famous in New Orleans. Up until his death he did a drawing every year to represent that Mardi Gras. His work now when printed is reversed so collectors can tell original prints from the ones printed after his death.

Above in the Marilyn Monroe you can see in the shadow of her hair a silhouette of JFK. Look to the left of her chin. He liked to hide little Easter Eggs in his work.

Alouette, thank you for your compliment even though I think you are selling yourself short, lol.
darksyngr
darksyngr

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldbox Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:52 am

I congratulate you on your first recolors. They have become beautiful :bravo:
Oldbox
Oldbox

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:15 am

Well done Melisa, you did a great job. You're recolours are beautiful, I would never have guessed this was your first recolour! Thank you for sharing with us :girlie5:
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Total Awards : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:09 pm

ohh wow .. your first!!  oooh .. wow there are wonderful darksyngr  bfly
Anonymous
Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by anidup Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Thank you for sharing these beauties with us Melisa!! I am soo happy for you that you tried it and it came out so stunning! I really like the pictures you added!! Awesome job! Now we are looking forward to seeing more of these!

I see we are going to have quite a number of members joining in on our next B.A.C contest!!
anidup
anidup
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by IvyRose Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Wow Melisa these are beautiful, great work.
IvyRose
IvyRose
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crissi Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Wow .. so beautiful first recolors .. you can be very proud!! Congratulations!! :Multistars:
Crissi
Crissi
Administrator

Total Awards : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by darksyngr Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:29 pm

Thank you so much everyone! :thy:
I'm really happy that everyone has liked them so far.  Good thing because ...

I continued playing around with Photoshop and recolored a base game hutch and a couple more paintings. I know I said I'd stick with paintings but I couldn't help myself I had to try, lol.

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings Hutch
DOWNLOAD HERE

My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings Abstract001My First recolors: Some Mardi Gras Inspired Paintings Abstract002
DOWNLOAD HERE
darksyngr
darksyngr

Back to top Go down

Post by anidup Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:38 pm

Oh so beautiful!! Really!!
And that is how one learns, trying out new things and accepting the challenge to do it right!
I never attempted the EA hutches..... the maps are not always very user friendly....so you did absolutely fantastic with this one!!
The more you practice the more you are going to add beautiful stuff for the game!
Thank you for sharing these beauties as well.
anidup
anidup
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:44 am

Absolutely beautiful! And, I KNEW you'd take to it like a duck to water!! I could tell yesterday when we talking that you were already hooked and you were such a fast learner too!!!

And for you to take on an object recolor so soon after learning to recolor paintings is amazing!

The pictures you've chosen are fabulous too and just what I like to use! I can't wait to see what other goodies you come up with next!
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Broomhilda Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:57 am

Oh wow Melisa..great job.. f your hooked..forget about the playing of the game now haha..can't wait to see what else you come up with :danceani:
Broomhilda
Broomhilda

Back to top Go down

Post by szanne7000 Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:20 am

WOW, Melisa!!!

These are amazing and wonderful and I love, love, love the choices you've made for your recolors.

The Hutch is so cool (and, oh my, you recolored an object, too???).

Your cc has now been added to my CBS creator files - I am so happy and proud of you <3 <3 <3
szanne7000
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by darksyngr Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Anita, thank you so much for your compliments and the confidence you have in me. I only hope I will to live up to your words :)

TJ, thank you so much. You helped me so much. I know I was super distracted when we were talking. I do apologize. I get like that when I am trying to wrap my head around something, especially when there is so much information I have to learn.

Sam, You are right I am hooked, lol. I knew I would be, lol. I am an artist by nature and I live to create.

Suzanne, thank you :) I hope I will see some of my recolors in your amazing builds one day :p

The hutch was me just trying to see what would happen if I tried to recolor an object, lol. Came out better than expected. I am still going to have to learn to recolor objects that are in odd shapes. Otherwise I would have modded the cups and pitcher too, lol. I am looking forward to getting there. :) :) :)
darksyngr
darksyngr

Back to top Go down

Post by szanne7000 Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:53 am

You are off to an amazing start, Melisa!

:D :D :D
szanne7000
szanne7000
Tech Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 am

danceG your so talent darksyngr  bfly 

I think it always fun to see creators first creations ... pinkflowers
Anonymous
Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by hopedream722 Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:06 pm

I love the paintings. Thank you!
hopedream722
hopedream722

Back to top Go down

Post by prinxesita_91 Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Preciosos
prinxesita_91
prinxesita_91

Back to top Go down

Post by darksyngr Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 am

Thank you so much, Suzanne, Anneke, and Hope Dream :)
Muchas gracias, Prinxesita
darksyngr
darksyngr

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:02 am

congrats Melisa on your first recolours.........there's no stopping you now!

Absolutely fabulous topscore
Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mah55 Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:33 am

wow so beautiful, great job! :summerB7:
mah55
mah55

Back to top Go down

Post by darksyngr Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Thank you so much, Lorry and Mah55. :cutehug:
darksyngr
darksyngr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down