Cherryblossomsims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please download

TS4: Back In Time Living Room

+17
szanne7000
inari93
isabelle40
whimsysimmer
heerin23
RubyLee65
DorkyDora
anidup
Granna23
Chicklet45368
TaTschu
Oldbox
Nickilyn
IvyRose
Lorry
tilly
Crissi
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Empty TS4: Back In Time Living Room

Post by Chicklet45368 Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi Everybody!

I have a new set for you guys!

Well, actually I made it for myself and figured I'd share in case anybody else would like to have it too!

I have been on a Mid-Century Modern kick lately (I think it's from playing TS2 lately!) Anyway, I decided to make a new living room for TS4 so that I could have some new things when I play. Woot! Yayy! New Goodies!

*** NOTE: The fireplace is deco only! It is cloned from a painting and gives the illusion of being lit but it is not animated nor can your sims light it. I wanted a "built-in" fireplace for my room and I couldn't figure out how to make a wall cut-out to allow the fireplace to go thru the wall. So, I did the next best thing!

I FAKED IT!!!

And, since I'm not much of a "player" and more of a decorator, it works for me. But, I wanted to let you know in case you were expecting a real working fireplace.

So, without further ado, let's go

==== Back In Time ====

Oh, here's a little catchy tune to listen to, to help get you in the mood!

In-Game Screenshot
TS4: Back In Time Living Room Backintimeadpic

Includes:

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Backintimeincludes1

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Backintimeincludes2

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Backintimeincludes3

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Backintimeincludes4

Birdhouse 3D Painting - Orig Mesh Creator Unknown, TS2 Conversion by Locarik, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Chair & Blanket - Mesh by MXIMS
Coffee Table - Orig TS3 Mesh by Gelina, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Console Table - Orig TS2 Mesh by SP Xiomare, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Deco Plant Balls - Orig TS3 Mesh by Mango Sims, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Flowers - Orig TS2 Mesh by Lirunchic, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Frames & PEACE Deco - Orig TS2 Mesh by Chrissy, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Giraffe Planters - Orig TS2 Mesh by Withered Lilie, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Lamp - Orig TS3 Mesh by Awesims, TS4 Conversion by MXIMS
Painting (Floor) - Orig TS2 Mesh by AnYe; TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Painting (Wall) - Mesh by EA
Pillows - Mesh by LiKo
Plant - Orig TS2 Mesh by Chrissy, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet
Rug - Mesh by EA
Sofa - Orig TS2 Mesh by Mango Sims, TS4 Conversion by Chicklet

Last edited by Chicklet45368 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Awards : Bought us a coffee!

Back to top Go down

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Empty Re: TS4: Back In Time Living Room

Post by Crissi Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 pm

OMG!!!!!!!! How beautiful is this?????!!:yes:

I am sooo in love with it! You combined so many gorgeous items into a
wonderful cozy room. So beautiful designed. Thank you so much for sharing your
fantastic talent/work with us :hello4:
Crissi
Crissi
Administrator

Total Awards : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by tilly Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Gimme OMG! I love this set. Its gorgeous, and I must have it! Into my DL folder this goes.
Beautiful work, thank you TJ hugsmilie
tilly
tilly
Elite Member

Total Awards : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Gast Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Chicklet .. what can I say... it is so beautiful what you have made  :flirty: 
                your so talented , I love it every time when I see something new from you
Anonymous
Gast

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 am

Chica OMG, I was seriously holding my breath here, thinking it was another amazing set for Sims 2! giggle

I don't know where to start, every piece is brilliant and I don't care if the fireplace is fake, it's absolutely gorgeous.

You are the most inspirational and the most amazing person, so full of talent, and you always share everything with the Sim community.

Thank you my dear sweet Chica rock winner

Oops nearly forgot to ask......how did you do the ceiling? It looks amazing :postingoday:
Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:26 am

Thanks girls! So glad you like my set too! Playing TS2 and all the CC I have got me in the mood for Mid-Mod and I HATE that we can't recolor our ceilings in TS4. It drives me INSANE!

And, I'm happy building and decorating in TS2, but as always, I find things I want for my game, and I don't know how to convert things to TS2 that I love from TS4 or how to import my own meshes. So, I went back to TS4 to create some stuff!

The ceiling, is actually an object that I created. It's not for "players' that's why I didn't offer it for download. I like big rooms and I made it like 6x8 and I actually put 2 together in my house because I have an open floor plan and it goes clear across the living room, dining, and kitchen. You have to make your walls TALL, because if not it's really low on the angled side. Since, I don't "play" and all I do is look at my pretty rooms, it works for me. But, the problem for players is, it's not see-thru, you can't see you sim from looking down if you have the walls up. Plus, of course, your room has to be the exact size that I made the ceiling so it doesn't poke thru the walls.

If you want, you can have it too. It's just a deco object, it doesn't attach to the ceiling or wall, it raises and can be moved very easily without "fighting" it like some of the other ceiling peices have a tendency to do.
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:34 am

I always use low walls, and smaller rooms, but if you did put it up, I would still grab it giggle

I do know you need higher walls to place a slanted ceiling, that's why I have never used the short deco ones that I think Anita and Conny recoloured.

You are so lovely to offer though :buddy:
Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 am

Well Chica, if you tell me what size room you normally are comfortable using, I'll resize it so you can use it. The short side of the ceiling is meant to fit on a short wall, but because the other side is higher it would stick out the roof if you didn't use a tall wall.

I'm also going to play around with it and see if I can figure out how to put "sides" on it that go up (so that the room's ceiling looks "finished" if the rest of the house is not using the same ceiling. Right now it's literally nothing more than an angled rectangle that I textured, so when you cam out, you see the tall default ceiling above the lower slanted side of the deco ceiling and it looks retarded. But again, I don't play so it doesn't bother me and when I DO play, I play close up in the room my sim is in and always have the walls and ceiling up anyway.
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Gość Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

Beautiful set. :summerB7: :summerB7: :summerB7: Thank you for sharing express
Anonymous
Gość

Back to top Go down

Post by IvyRose Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:47 am

Lovely thank you TJ a really beautiful set.
IvyRose
IvyRose
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by anidup Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Oh my word!!! This is amazing! Just by looking at the pics I would never be able to tell that the fireplace is deco only! You really did an amazing job. I would "use" it very often, and also be relaxed, because it can not set my sim's house on fire! LOL.

But seriously, each and every item in this room is FABULOUS!! I want it all.
I love the colors you used, I like the new cc..... I feel like you, I sometimes just need new stuff for the game.
And I am so delighted that you are still creating for us sims 4 simmers!

You have great talent, I enjoy having all your goodies.
anidup
anidup
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickilyn Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:43 pm

OMG.... TJ I love it! I love retro furniture and deco. I especially love the Atomic Kitty picture. Absolutely amazing!
Nickilyn
Nickilyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Thank you girls! It warms my heart hearing that you like my new set! My tastes run all over the place from modern, classic, country, to industrial and usually what happens is I find artwork, or a piece of furniture or decor that I love and then the wheels start turning and I create something around it.

That's what happened with this room. I fell in love with that birdcage painting when I was decorating my house in TS2. But the texture was boring (plain solid brown bird and key) and the birdcage texture had no definition to it, just a solid yellow color. So, I converted it and gave it my own touch and the rest of the room came to life in my head and I had to create it!
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Ooooo Chica really? doggy2

I mainly use a 6x6 room, that gives me enough room to work in!
You know Chica, if you can be bothered, a sloped ceiling set would be amazing, no one has done it yet, and it does look brilliant for setting up a room.

Something for you to think about anyway :yes:

Did I tell you how wonderful you are.......well you are WONDERFUL, thank you so much for offering to make me a sloping ceiling winner
Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:26 am

Ok my chica! I worked on the ceiling, it's now a 6x6. I also added edges to it so it's "finished" looking if you want an open floor plan. If you tell me sizes of what you'd like I can make more. All I have to do is resize them, easy peasy!

If you're ok with how it looks, I'll upload it.

If you'd prefer different textures just tell me what kind and I'll happily customize it for you!

Here's a preview of how it looks in game not enclosed with open rooms off of it, it actually fits perfectly in a 6x6 room.

TS4: Back In Time Living Room Lorrysslantedroof
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 am

Wow Chica that looks so awesome, you really are a superstar :bigHugs:
I think the room now looks almost separate, you could make it a new room just with that sloping ceiling rather than a wall. It could be made into a study a dining room or a sitting room, there are many possibilities if you let your imagination go!

It looks brilliant and I am really happy that it doesn't take much more than resizing it!

As for sizes, gosh you have really caught me out here.......maybe an 8x6 would work.

I don't normally have a set room size for any of my houses, other than the bedroom, but a living room would be bigger, that's why I figure 8x6.

LOL soon as I go in game I know that size could change in the blink of an eye.

Chica you are so incredible to share this little piece of architecture with me

:thy: my sweet and loveliest of friends :buddy:
Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldbox Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 am

that is so beautiful TJ
TYSM for sharing :girlie5:
Oldbox
Oldbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:54 pm

Conny - It's so lovely to see you! And, tysm for the kind words of praise! I'm so happy you like my new set!

Chica - I'm sorry! Don't get too excited yet! It's not working right. I noticed as I zoomed in closer the texture on the "ceiling" part, where the slats are, turned darker, like a lot darker, almost to the point it just looked very dark brown with no slats.

I changed the shader type, changed lots (because I had orig built it in Forgotten Hollow which I never build in and thought maybe it was how the shadows appear in that world), I rotated the lot, raised the ceiling up, lowered it down, shifted it side to side, removed it and put it up after the windows were placed, took the windows out and put them back in with it already in place, and I changed the sun positions.

Nothing solved it.

I have posted on S4S for help so hopefully someone can shed some light on it. It's really odd because the one I used in my game, wasn't doing that. I was able to zoom as close as I wanted and it did not change color.
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by anidup Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Lorry, if you are looking for something to use right away, you may want to have a look at this set. Conny also made beautiful recolors for it.

TJ, I hope you get the problem sorted out, since we need to have them in all different sizes. I have seen though when I wanted to create a better version of the ceiling mesh( having the block bigger) that there are huge issues with the shades. I do hope someone at S4S will sort this issue for you shortly.
anidup
anidup
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:16 pm

Wow Anita! Thanks for that link! I did not even realize there was something already out there similar! That's awesome! I made it originally just for personal use and the one I used didn't have "sides" on it, so if you zoomed out you'd see the rest of the wall and game ceiling above the the lower angled side. But since Lorry wanted it, I decided to put sides on it to make it have a "finished" look.

It's so weird tho, because the one I originally made didn't have this issue with the color turning darker when I'd zoom in. Maybe it's my computer or game settings causing it.

I had originally made the shader be a counter since those don't get that odd color change when you place several objects together from the lighting, so I changed it back to the original shader.

Maybe I'll clone something else and try again. I cloned the round vent thing. I'll try later with a plant.
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by TaTschu Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:07 pm

OMG, TJ! This is totally breathtaking and stunning! Every time when I see that you made a new Set, I'm sooo exited, because I really know that its amazing and I must have it...before I saw it...lol!

And exactly that happend with this Set :)
Thank you so much for sharing your Talent with us! You are the best Recolor-Artist I've ever seen in the Sims4 comunity!

Now I have to download this awesome Set :D
TaTschu
TaTschu
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicklet45368 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 pm

Awww TYSM Tanja! I'm so happy you like it! But, I'm far from the best! I know of some tremendously talented creators who blow my stuff out of the water! And, some of them are right here on our forum! *points at Anita, Poppy, and You!

But, I do appreciate so much your wonderful compliment tho! hugss

BTW .... got the issue with the ceiling going darker when zooming in, all taken care of. Inabadromance suggested I try something (which didn't work) so I redid and cloned a plant and it worked perfectly this time! So, YAYY!
Chicklet45368
Chicklet45368
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Granna23 Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:52 pm

This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing..

Jan
Granna23
Granna23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorry Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 pm

LOL TJ I am waiting in anticipation runcircle
I love that this covers the whole ceiling.

Anita I have grabbed Impish Parody again, because I saw the set was updated, and I want to use the really small one claphands1

Lorry
Lorry
Resident Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by anidup Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:28 am

TJ I am glad you got it sorted!
I am looking forward the final product.
anidup
anidup
Administrator